***The Official Rangers V Hibs Match Thread***

24 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He is trying too hard imo. Sheer lunacy getting sent off in that manner. I'd apoeal it if it made him availiable for the filth game.

Same here with the appeal, it was daft as the game was not even a physical game second half was played at a canter.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Gerrard's RTV interview I don't think the Club will be appealing McGregor's red card.   It's plain enough from what Gerrard says.

But moving on from that he did not think the performance today was good enough, likening it to many he'd seen throughout the season.   But when asked what can be done to improve there was no response offered.    Having seen this throughout the season Gerrard either knows what he needs to do to get the necessary improvement or he doesn't and is stymied on what to do to fix the problem.  Which is it I wonder. 

He's not going to so easily get away with this next season.    It's one skill to identify the problem(s) and their consequences.    Most Supporters can do that to some degree or other.  The skill is in fixing it.    So far after a long season he's not fixed it and the performance problems are still happening when he's not expecting them to happen.  As a result yet again another interview that focuses on the recurring problem. 

1st half was good, missed too many chances though. 2nd was awful, Hibs never threatened much but neither did we. Defoe barely touched the ball and Candeias kept on losing the ball. That's Candeias 50th appearance for us this season, he should have nowhere near that many appearances, hopefully Murphy will come back fully fit and ready to go. Says everything that we actually had a few chances when Morelos came on. Big decision for next week on who to start. McGregor is an idiot, I was in Copland Front so just saw him falling on his arse, thought the Hibs fellow booted him. Can't remember how being this stupid first time round

Just now, bluenoz said:

There is no way the club appeals that and rightfully so. Cheating is what they so. As for Ross McCrorie's smile - how can you not like that kid. Great guy.

He's very likeable. Seems to have a really good focus and his game is really solid

1 hour ago, rabc10000 said:

Sorry I wasn't meaning kamara but Kent and candeias. I think kamara has been pretty good overall for us since he came in and could be a big player next season

I dont think Liverpool would be too happy if we tried to sell Kent! 😂😂

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Worst we’ve looked against them all season and it’s the only one we’ve won 😂

Still missed about 4 or 5 sitters as well :lol:

Must be frustrating for Gerrard as he will be going over the same stuff, again and again, we should have been talking about our first run off five games in a row in the league since 2011(a shocking stat) as mentioned by sky sports.

Thought we were ok first half.  Hibs set out to frustrate us first part of second half by just keeping possession in their defensive third, going nowhere and it worked.  We lost our way, giving up possession cheaply looking for the Hollywood pass.  When we did eventually get the ball down and try to get some good possession, I thought the crowd didn’t help by voicing their frustration.  I know we weren’t great but we were winning and it was self-defeating imo to have a go at players trying to keep possession but maybe not moving the ball forward fast enough for some.

At 1-0, they were always going to get one chance near the end.  McGregor didn’t help either.

29 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I dont think Liverpool would be too happy if we tried to sell Kent! 😂😂

No but a good chance he won't be here next season tho in which case he will be needing replaced. More than likely with a player of lesser quality but hopefully more consistency 

15 hours ago, teddybear1975 said:

Just my opinion mate. No player bigger than club and if he can't control himself yes I would show him the door. As said how would you feel if we were still in title race and it cost us 3 points?

He saved us dropping two points today...

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Thought Gerrard was harsh. We were pretty good first half. Created a load of good chances. 

Second half was dug meat. Candeias was stinking. 

Agreed. Thought we looked like a proper football team first half.  Candeias had a mare.

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Thought Gerrard was harsh. We were pretty good first half. Created a load of good chances. 

Second half was dug meat. Candeias was stinking. 

Yeah Gerrard didn't acknowledge how well we started the game. Still that thing where we are not putting away the chances but came close. Should have scored more than one in the first half. 

Second half could have ended in a draw, even though Hibs were shite we fell really flat for some reason. 

On 06/05/2019 at 13:10, RockwellGers said:

Yeah Gerrard didn't acknowledge how well we started the game. Still that thing where we are not putting away the chances but came close. Should have scored more than one in the first half. 

Second half could have ended in a draw, even though Hibs were shite we fell really flat for some reason. 

We could/should have scored a couple in the 2nd even tho we were sh**e.Morelos and Candeias

Archived