Hastie signing announced

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

Don't know too much about him  ....... what I do see is .... hopefully he is not another O'Halloran .... but more of the McCann type mould of player .... who became a great fan of Us as well as a great player.

Totally agree with you here, regardless of upbringing, previous allegiances or social media posts as a young lad, it would appear that he has jumped through hoops (mind the pun) to force this move in the here and now. The least that can be expected is to give the lad a fair chance to prove himself in the shirt. As above, if he develops in to half the player McCann was this will have been good business with minimal outlay. I wish him luck...

9 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Totally agree with you here, regardless of upbringing, previous allegiances or social media posts as a young lad, it would appear that he has jumped through hoops (mind the pun) to force this move in the here and now. The least that can be expected is to give the lad a fair chance to prove himself in the shirt. As above, if he develops in to half the player McCann was this will have been good business with minimal outlay. I wish him luck...

I thought thats what MOH done too though 

I have mixed feelings about this. We have had a good few bheast fans at our club. Neil McCann was fantastic and flourished at our club. On the other hand we have had our fingers burnt a few times. MOH and that wee prick that ran back to the tarriers McGeoch. Hopefully Hastie is a McCann type and gives us everything. He will get my backing but he will have to work hard to keep being backed. 

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Fair and valid point, but hopefully Hastie will be in the mould of McCann as opposed to the letdown and waste of space MOH was. See him as a young hungry talented prospect who has the opportunity under SG to develop in to genuine talent at a massive club who’s support will take to him should he show the correct commitment and application regardless of background.  Worse case scenario he can be moved on and it won’t have incurred much expense...

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

The fact he's went to great lengths to sign for us, including reportedly telling his agent to get fucked, is a good start for the boy. 

Sure is mate and that’s why I’m backing him. It’s a good sign that he is desperate to play for us. 👍

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

True eejay mate ..... hopefully he will not turn out to be the utter shambles that cunt was and prove he is of the right stuff to wear Our Jersey .... only he can decide what path to take in his future .... I hope he chooses wisely ... then both The Rangers and himself benefit.

:UK: 

10 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Are people seriously raging about signing this guy because of something he tweeted as a wean? :lol:

No raging at all, no. But I genuinely wouldn’t have signed him because of that. Hopefully he hits the ground running but the first sign of bother and he should be punted. 

Just now, King Jela said:

No raging at all, no. But I genuinely wouldn’t have signed him because of that. Hopefully he hits the ground running but the first sign of bother and he should be punted. 

In all honesty I'd be quite concerned if stuff like that prevented us signing players. At that age it's not even a given that he'll make it as a player anywhere let alone get the chance to sign for us.

I'll wait until he's played a few games for us and then judge him but I think it's a low risk signing anyway and nothing like the O'Halloran farce.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

In all honesty I'd be quite concerned if stuff like that prevented us signing players. At that age it's not even a given that he'll make it as a player anywhere let alone get the chance to sign for us.

I'll wait until he's played a few games for us and then judge him but I think it's a low risk signing anyway and nothing like the O'Halloran farce.

It's just like most other scenarios with new players really.  Signing scum fans in the past has worked with some and not with others.

If the recruitment team do their checks on mentality and attitude properly then who he supports shouldn't be an issue.

3 hours ago, King Jela said:

Was actually quite happy about the signing until I saw that post. Genuinely wouldn’t sign tims for Rangers again after the O’Halloran carry on, you genuinely can’t trust them to be professional. 

Not when when our backs are against the wall 

Im not impressed tbh 

Don't know about his past allegiances but have it from a trustworthy source who knows his dad that he turned down " funny" money from England to sign for us. Hopefully that's a good sign.

Some of our support are absolute morons!

There are loads of players that have signed for teams who were the rivals of the team they "supported" as a kid!

Raheem Sterling, Jamie Carragher, Harry Kane, Isco, Raul, Gareth Bale, John Terry, Adam Lallana...

MOH wasnt a failure because he supported them, he failed because he was shite and a complete and utter wank of a guy!

As the years go on, given that celtic have won so many leagues in a row, we might find that more and more kids are growing up supporting the "winning team" and if the player is good enough and has the right mentality then it shouldnt matter.

The fact that Hastie has actually approached Rangers after his agent trying to put him off speaks volumes for me.

17 minutes ago, Del said:

There are loads of players that have signed for teams who were the rivals of the team they "supported" as a kid!

Raheem Sterling, Jamie Carragher, Harry Kane, Isco, Raul, Gareth Bale, John Terry, Adam Lallana...

MOH wasnt a failure because he supported them, he failed because he was shite and a complete and utter wank of a guy!

As the years go on, given that celtic have won so many leagues in a row, we might find that more and more kids are growing up supporting the "winning team" and if the player is good enough and has the right mentality then it shouldnt matter.

The fact that Hastie has actually approached Rangers after his agent trying to put him off speaks volumes for me.

I'm thinking younger bears think differently nowadays to us older bears......... 

17 minutes ago, Del said:

Harry Kane is a Tottenham fan, John Terry is a Man United fan, canny include him.

If you play for celtic you should never be considered by anyone to play for Rangers, supporters a couldn’t care less about