Ryan Kent ‘feels at home’ with Rangers

Ace

Maybe this is one of those circumstances where a trade-off of ambitions might happen.  

The player seemingly doesn't want any more loan deals and wants a permanent move somewhere.   But if he gets that even that does not necessarily mean he'd get more first team football in a better quality club in better quality games than he does at Rangers.   

He's already got contractual security until (2022 is it?) with Liverpool so its not as if he's absolutely got to find another club this summer so he can pay his bills going forward.   

He's getting games at Rangers.  Learning as well as excelling as his player of the year nominations demonstrate.   Chances are that under Gerrard and an improving Rangers team he himself will improve as a player...….and improve his future transfer value.    Staying - even on loan for another season - is not really a bad option for the player or for Liverpool unless waiting in the wings unknown to us is the attraction of playing for a bigger club and for more money with Liverpool cashing in on its asset.

Chances are he is not affordable for Rangers to buy from Liverpool.  But they may be open to a further loan extension if they don't have any better options open for the player to consider.

So.……...unless there is a far better deal for the player about to unfold at another club or back at Liverpool itself (the latter seems unlikely to me) maybe another loan spell at Rangers is the compromise that suits everybody.  

Either that or Liverpool generously agree a lowish transfer fee and player reverts to Liverpool for a nominal fee at the end of his Rangers contract or Liverpool get a sell-on fee when Rangers sell him on.   Point being we get the benefit of the player but not all (or maybe even much) of the future transfer value benefit.    An extended loan would be simpler and benefit everybody and may prove to be better value than somehow trying to find enough money to buy him.      Presumably the DoF is working on devising and putting suitable deal options that works for everyone.

2 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Maybe this is one of those circumstances where a trade-off of ambitions might happen.  

The player seemingly doesn't want any more loan deals and wants a permanent move somewhere.   But if he gets that even that does not necessarily mean he'd get more first team football in a better quality club in better quality games than he does at Rangers.   

He's already got contractual security until (2022 is it?) with Liverpool so its not as if he's absolutely got to find another club this summer so he can pay his bills going forward.   

He's getting games at Rangers.  Learning as well as excelling as his player of the year nominations demonstrate.   Chances are that under Gerrard and an improving Rangers team he himself will improve as a player...….and improve his future transfer value.    Staying - even on loan for another season - is not really a bad option for the player or for Liverpool unless waiting in the wings unknown to us is the attraction of playing for a bigger club and for more money with Liverpool cashing in on its asset.

Chances are he is not affordable for Rangers to buy from Liverpool.  But they may be open to a further loan extension if they don't have any better options open for the player to consider.

So.……...unless there is a far better deal for the player about to unfold at another club or back at Liverpool itself (the latter seems unlikely to me) maybe another loan spell at Rangers is the compromise that suits everybody.  

Either that or Liverpool generously agree a lowish transfer fee and player reverts to Liverpool for a nominal fee at the end of his Rangers contract or Liverpool get a sell-on fee when Rangers sell him on.   Point being we get the benefit of the player but not all (or maybe even much) of the future transfer value benefit.    An extended loan would be simpler and benefit everybody and may prove to be better value than somehow trying to find enough money to buy him.      Presumably the DoF is working on devising and putting suitable deal options that works for everyone.

If he stays for another season and improves more (which he will), he’ll be worth even more to them. That and he Stevie G connection hopefully mean we’ll get him on loan again

I think also a problem with Kent is he will want big money and Liverpool will want a decent amount for him overall his stats are not great he has 6 goals and 9 assists, Candeias has 7 goals and 12 assists and he regularly gets slated on here for not doing enough. 

8 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

We don’t have £5million to spend on 1 player, unless we’re selling someone for a significant amount this summer 

I think we will invest £10-15m  (based on the previous 2 years) without allowing for player sales.

If we do sell Morelos for big money, £10m+, then we need to be buying 2-3 players of quality...£5m mark quality!

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I think also a problem with Kent is he will want big money and Liverpool will want a decent amount for him overall his stats are not great he has 6 goals and 9 assists, Candeias has 7 goals and 12 assists and he regularly gets slated on here for not doing enough. 

At the start of the season people were calling for him and Ejaria to be sent back but I think hes done enough to show he has quality but whether or not he warrants a £5-7-9m price tag...I think its to much for us!

Unless its a loan deal or a bargain transfer, £2-3m, then I dont think we should be breaking the bank for him.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

That's why I don't understand, the furore about Kent. I get that he is exciting to watch on the ball running past players but the end product isn't there yet.

Personally, I think Candeias is the better team player... how many goals/procession have we gained from his harassing defenders high up the park. 

Kent is a decent player but he is a long way from the finished article and I think another season long loan would be the best option. 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

There is a massive difference between Kent and Candeias and as always the stats don't always tell the whole story. People rattle on about goals and assists like they are the only 2 things to care about.

The difference is when the player gets the ball, Kent gets it and the opposition defence shits itself and we get on our feet, Candeias gets it and tries to find Tav or swing a hopeful ball into the box.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

There is a massive difference between Kent and Candeias and as always the stats don't always tell the whole story. People rattle on about goals and assists like they are the only 2 things to care about.

The difference is when the player gets the ball, Kent gets it and the opposition defence shits itself and we get on our feet, Candeias gets it and tries to find Tav or swing a hopeful ball into the box.

Goals and assist win games that's why they are considered important.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Kent’s pace causes teams to double up on him leaving space for others to exploit so he will have been partly responsible for other goals by just making runs.

29 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

In their stats they don't mention the number of times Kent has put in great balls only for the striker to mess up,ala Jack in the last OF.

44 minutes ago, piperpete said:

Kent’s pace causes teams to double up on him leaving space for others to exploit so he will have been partly responsible for other goals by just making runs.

No doubt about that but I see a frustrating player when I watch him he can be majestic and dogshit in the same game.

Just now, Smile said:

No doubt about that but I see a frustrating player when I watch him he can be majestic and dogshit in the same game.

Davie Cooper used to have the same sort of  games now and again but usually turned up trumps with one bit of magic, Kent is a young kid learning his trade and many forget that, he is head and shoulders above players of his age at our club at 22 he is doing fine

1 hour ago, piperpete said:

Davie Cooper used to have the same sort of  games now and again but usually turned up trumps with one bit of magic, Kent is a young kid learning his trade and many forget that, he is head and shoulders above players of his age at our club at 22 he is doing fine

So how much money would you spend on him?

38 minutes ago, Smile said:

Fair enough.

I don’t get hung up on what a player costs or what wages as I cannot effect any of this.

I get my kill when posters say things like I would give him £8k a week and not a penny more or I would pay 850k or tell them to Bolt.

Many transfers that are done are not nearly as dear as made out or say that celtic player Edwardo or what ever he is called cost the 9m but that’s inclusive of agents fees and wages they never paid 9m for him, during our highs Flo was 12m but again Chelsea never got near 12 million as the whole deal would have been budgeted over 3 seasons with all fees being within the amount.

3 hours ago, Smile said:

TBF mate , that could be said about all of our squad this season .

The " last loan " part of the interview is nothing new though , as Kent said as much in an interview that was in one of the previous matchday programmes so I would imagine that if there is any possibility of a permanent move here , the management will have sounded the various parties out to find out what would be required . It would then remain to be seen if Gerrard is prepared to spend what would be a substantial part of his budget on Kent or if the money is better used strengthening other areas of the squad or more to the point , the starting eleven .

Thinking more about this, if Kent pushes it from his side and Liverpool want £5-6m for him we could easily structure this as something like a £3m loan fee to get him back for next season with an option to buy of £3m next summer. Liverpool get their money, don't really lose out on anything as that money right now isn't going to do anything, continue to support Gerrard and reap all of the PR from that etc.