What a nice gesture from Rangers FC...:/

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not only Christians that celebrate Christmas though eh pal

The clue is in the name.

Officially Christmas is a religious festivalon the callendar in the celebration and worship of the birth of THE Christ. No other religion celebrates that.

Others such as in non Christian may engage in the festivities in the exchange of presents and so on, but NONE of that is in the reverence of the birth of the Christ. All rather hypoctrical by the non Christialn types in the athiests etc among us. Rather amusing to see the athiests among us joining in and putting up Christmas trees and buying presents during the period of a religious festival.

2 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I agree, the club should be acknowledging it, as it should all major religions events.

Im sure they posted something for the light festival too.

I agree with STG that the club should acknowledge the 12th of July too based on many years of fans from northern Ireland traveling over and many fans in Scotland having an association with it whether it be through friends, family etc.

Sadly the society we live in its almost frowned upon to be associated with the orange order which is why the club would never mention it.

Good luck with your fasting.

It's what I tried to say in a poor way, just having a really bad dickhead day. 

Thanks though for knowing what I meant. 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

The clue is in the name.

Officially Christmas is a religious festivalon the callendar in the celebration and worship of the birth of THE Christ. No other religion celebrates that.

Others such as in non Christian may engage in the festivities in the exchange of presents and so on, but NONE of that is in the reverence of the birth of the Christ. All rather hypoctrical by the non Christialn types in the athiests etc among us. Rather amusing to see the athiests among us joining in and putting up Christmas trees and buying presents during the period of a religious festival.

Jesus wasn’t born the 25th of December. 

Well, he doesn’t actually exist.

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Really. Tell me what relevance a battle 320 years ago has over one that took place 100 years ago and involved not only fans of the club but players and staff. 

To be fair, the Boyne is of probably more significance to the history of Britain than the Somme. Only perhaps the Battle of Britain takes equal weight in terms of overall direction of the nation.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Jesus wasn’t born the 25th of December. 

Well, he doesn’t actually exist.

You miss the point as ever. The Christian church decided on the date of the religious festival to celebrate and worship the birth of the Christ.

Enjoy putting up your CHISTmas tree and eating your CHRISTmas dinner an opening your CHRISTmas presens.

:rofl:

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

This is the most important month of the year for followers of the 2nd biggest religion in the world. It's absolutely correct for the club to make a gesture like this to reach out to current and potential fans. If you scroll through the Twitter thread you will see a number of random Africans and Arabs commenting. That kind of PR for the club can only be a good thing. 

Happy Ramadan mate, but the gloves are off when the 5 ODIs start 😂😂😂

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

To be fair, the Boyne is of probably more significance to the history of Britain than the Somme. Only perhaps the Battle of Britain takes equal weight in terms of overall direction of the nation.

To the history of the country, probably, to the fanbase of the club? I'm not so sure. While there's more of an almost romanticised link through PUL, there's arguably more of a direct sentimental link to the club and fanbase with more modern battles given our close links with the Armed Forces, veteran's charities etc and the direct involvement of fans, players and staff. 

Although I'd argue that if the club was to acknowledge anything directly linked to Protestantism it should be more related to the Scottish Reformation and the Protestant Martyrs rather than the Boyne or anything related to the Williamite war.

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You miss the point as ever. The Christian church decided on the date of the religious festival to celebrate and worship the birth of the Christ.

Enjoy putting up your CHISTmas tree and eating your CHRISTmas dinner an opening your CHRISTmas presens.

:rofl:

I don’t put up a CHRISTmas tree, I just eat meat and chips as a CHRISTmas dinner so a regular Sunday, and I just open presents. 1-0 me, as usual.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

To the history of the country, probably, to the fanbase of the club? I'm not so sure. While there's more of an almost romanticised link through PUL, there's arguably more of a direct sentimental link to the club and fanbase with more modern battles given our close links with the Armed Forces, veteran's charities etc and the direct involvement of fans, players and staff. 

Although I'd argue that if the club was to acknowledge anything directly linked to Protestantism it should be more related to the Scottish Reformation and the Protestant Martyrs rather than the Boyne or anything related to the Williamite war.

The links to the armed forces were probably enhanced through the troubles in northern Ireland due to the fact the republicans hate them. Id say if it wasn't for that then there wouldn't be such a significant link, not like hearts for example which had the McRae's Battalion.

Just now, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

The links to the armed forces were probably enhanced through the troubles in northern Ireland due to the fact the republicans hate them. Id say if it wasn't for that then there wouldn't be such a significant link, not like hearts for example which had the McRae's Battalion.

Quite possibly tbf. I always think that's why we have more of a 'general' link rather to a particular battalion/regiment. I think had we had a group of guys all served in the Argylls or whoever together we'd have a lot some songs referencing that.