Anyone know this cunt?

GOAT

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Football hack/Pretend Rangers fan. Either or...it would appeal to your wider range of followers if you're "good" at your job :hmmm:

I still don't particularly think either would be a particularly enthralling read. Me going for a pint is hardly the most exciting event. I'll probably go for one tonight though so keep your eyes peeled for it being breaking news on sky just incase.

Just now, Jeffrey said:

Sorry, I've been at the game this afternoon so only just going through my replies.

Lots of ways. Many religious organisations hold fairly set political beliefs as well. Would we say the RC church is apolitical because it is a religious organisation? And as such, as we claiming the OO hold no political opinions? They have no stance on say, the break up of the union or a united Ireland?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Sorry, I've been at the game this afternoon so only just going through my replies.

Lots of ways. Many religious organisations hold fairly set political beliefs as well. Would we say the RC church is apolitical because it is a religious organisation? And as such, as we claiming the OO hold no political opinions? They have no stance on say, the break up of the union or a united Ireland?

I'm sure there are plenty of different political opinions in the RC church and I know there are many in the OO.

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I'm sure there are plenty of different political opinions in the RC church and I know there are many in the OO.

Does the church itself as an organisation hold any political views or are they apolitical?

What about the OO?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Does the church itself as an organisation hold any political views or are they apolitical?

What about the OO?

Couldn't tell you.

The OO obviously has an extremely large majority(if not 100%) of unionist/loyalist members but it isn't a political organisation, you can't compare attending one of their events to someone attending an independence march which is a purely political event.

A Brexit rally(for or against) would be a comparable example.

Just now, Jeffrey said:

Couldn't tell you.

The OO obviously has an extremely large majority(if not 100%) of unionist/loyalist members but it isn't a political organisation, you can't compare attending one of their events to someone attending an independence march which is a purely political event.

A Brexit rally(for or against) would be a comparable example.

So it's only bad if you wear it to events that are purely political? It's cool if you wear it to a religious event though?

Just now, Jeffrey said:

I never actually said that, I'm only pointing out your ridiculous comparison.

I'm just trying to figure out where the line is for where it's acceptable to wear a football shirt to events.

5 minutes ago, PortyBelly said:

Probably the same line where it's acceptable for thousands of people wearing football shirts to sing political songs about SNP / unionism / republicanism...

So it's cool to wear a football shirt and sing about politics at a football game or to wear one at a religious event but if you wear it at a political event you're attaching your political beliefs to the club and that is forbidden?

7 minutes ago, PortyBelly said:

Probably the same line where it's acceptable for thousands of people wearing football shirts to sing political songs about SNP / unionism / republicanism...

Our fans don't tend to wear football shirts to matches tbh

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So it's cool to wear a football shirt and sing about politics at a football game or to wear one at a religious event but if you wear it at a political event you're attaching your political beliefs to the club and that is forbidden?

17 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Our fans don't tend to wear football shirts to matches tbh

I was making the same point as you Dude.. ironic that many complained about wearing that top as it was "politics" but cant see that's just what they're (and Them over the road) are doing at the match

Just now, PortyBelly said:

I was making the same point as you Dude.. ironic that many complained about Mr C wearing that top as it was "politics" but cant see that's just what they're (and Them over the road) are doing at the match

I know, I'm just stretching it out a bit to emphasise a bit more how ridiculous the idea that it can be worn to some but not others is. 

15 minutes ago, PortyBelly said:

I was making the same point as you Dude.. ironic that many complained about Mr C wearing that top as it was "politics" but cant see that's just what they're (and Them over the road) are doing at the match

I think the issue is what his political views are, not that it's 'politics'...

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I think the issue is what his political views are, not that it's 'politics'...

So does being a Rangers fan mean we must all subscribe to the same political opinions? Who's making the call on which smaller policy we're allowed to like/dislike? Have we reached a consensus on what a Rangers fan should think about testing of Primary one pupils or Brexit?

More importantly, given that I imagine most of us started supporting Rangers at a fairly young age. Did politics have any part in the reason many of us support the club to start with? I must admit that at three or four years old I wasn't particularly clued up on the nuances of the Scottish independence debate - but I did know that I fucking loved watching Rangers. Does holding a particular political view 20, 30 or 40 years later the suddenly disqualify me from being allowed to support Rangers?

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So does being a Rangers fan mean we must all subscribe to the same political opinions? Who's making the call on which smaller policy we're allowed to like/dislike? Have we reached a consensus on what a Rangers fan should think about testing of Primary one pupils or Brexit?

More importantly, given that I imagine most of us started supporting Rangers at a fairly young age. Did politics have any part in the reason many of us support the club to start with? I must admit that at three or four years old I wasn't particularly clued up on the nuances of the Scottish independence debate - but I did know that I fucking loved watching Rangers. Does holding a particular political view 20, 30 or 40 years later the suddenly disqualify me from being allowed to support Rangers?

Yes. Me. Wit. Yes. Yes.

4 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Yes. Me. Wit. Yes. Yes.

Cool.

Fair enough.

Surely we have a collective view on a wide range of political issues and not simply one or two big issues. Looks like it's up to you to decide the position we're taking. 

Archived