Anyone know this cunt?

GOAT

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Lucky for us then the Tories are managing to make it even worse.

Why would anyone shout their mouth off about their political views at the fitba? I've never once sat at a game and thought I should launch into a lengthy monologue about my views on the legal prohibition of medicinal cannabis or the rights of terminally ill people to choose to end their own life. Can't say I've ever seen anyone decide to get on their soap box and try to convince those sitting around him why there should be a cut in VAT either. Why would someone do it about Scottish independence?

lol

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, The Dude said:

Sorry, I've been at the game this afternoon so only just going through my replies.

Lots of ways. Many religious organisations hold fairly set political beliefs as well. Would we say the RC church is apolitical because it is a religious organisation? And as such, as we claiming the OO hold no political opinions? They have no stance on say, the break up of the union or a united Ireland?

:lol:

OK.  

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Lucky for us then the Tories are managing to make it even worse.

Why would anyone shout their mouth off about their political views at the fitba? I've never once sat at a game and thought I should launch into a lengthy monologue about my views on the legal prohibition of medicinal cannabis or the rights of terminally ill people to choose to end their own life. Can't say I've ever seen anyone decide to get on their soap box and try to convince those sitting around him why there should be a cut in VAT either. Why would someone do it about Scottish independence?

Hmm the subject of unionism and republicanism may have popped up at the odd OF game. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I must have a doppelganger then because I could swear that's me standing on the left of that photo waiting to interview Murty.  image.thumb.png.8c65d7f59caa34ffb6e499fdbf35718a.png

That's no you. Where's your snorkel?

1 minute ago, Heshootshescores said:

Hmm the subject of unionism and republicanism may have popped up at the odd OF game. 

So do you regularly feel the urge to 'shout your mouth off' at public events when things are mentioned that you disagree with?

55 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

In theory I get that obviously. But they must feel at odds with the prevalent viewpoint among our support, especially in a social setting.

And - whilst folk can hold whatever opinion they want - its hard for many Bears not to feel disappointed/let down by fans who support a party/movement/agenda that is so clearly antagonistic towards our club and traditional values. Or maybe thy are just blind to the obvious?

I feel quite ostracized from the majority of the older membership but from my experience within the youth, it's a much more open and less hostile to the idea of leaving the Union. I genuinely think a huge reason for this is the increasing popularity of atheism (just my opinion though)

41 minutes ago, King Jela said:

A month after we went into admin as well. Merely rubbing our noses in it. Arseholes.

It doesn't have anything to do with us

14 hours ago, PortyBelly said:

Judging by a 2018 Panelbase survey, the former I would think. I'm sure I remember a Daily Record one couple of years ago finding similar numbers (30-35%) of Gers fans supporting independence. 

More interesting question is.. if this is true, what's the reason we don't hear much about them?

A. Surveys are all pish

B. They're all Tim's in disguise kidding on to wind us up

C. They are real Gers fans who don't like being called "cunts" and "scum" by their own kind

DSEH3l1WkAEnMQe.jpeg

Depends what you want to believe I suppose . Some sources say there was 160,000 at the march on Saturday , others , including the police , say it was nearer 30 - 35,000 . 

5 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Ah so you're not there as a paying fan. Just to get the hits for your articles. 

Got you:) 

Well no. Not even close. I'd have got the same hits on my articles if I'd just lifted stuff from Twitter and quotes from the club. Wouldn't have had to even leave my office. Instead, I thought I'd go along and cover it, get some quotes from it and produce some original content for my many readers.

And I paid my auld man in since he gave me a lift down. 😂

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well no. Not even close. I'd have got the same hits on my articles if I'd just lifted stuff from Twitter and quotes from the club. Wouldn't have had to even leave my office. Instead, I thought I'd go along and cover it, get some quotes from it and produce some original content for my many readers.

And I paid my auld man in since he gave me a lift down. 😂

So you’re not a normal journo......you don’t lift stuff from Twitter, quotes from the club and never leave the office.

I thought thats’s how journos were schooled these days :mutley:

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

So you’re not a normal journo......you don’t lift stuff from Twitter, quotes from the club and never leave the office.

I thought thats’s how journos were schooled these days :mutley:

Genuinely wouldn't know. I didn't bother going to college or uni to learn anything about how to do this.  My 'education' has largely been me trying shit out and seeing what happens.😂

Just now, The Dude said:

Genuinely wouldn't know. I didn't bother going to college or uni to learn anything about how to do this.  My 'education' has largely been me trying shit out and seeing what happens.😂

Well done never the less, I note you seem to be the only journo there waiting to get an interview, the posh hacks will probably just lift stuff from you I guess. :lol:

Archived