Anyone know this cunt?

GOAT

51 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Which is the point I was attempting to make yesterday. It is slowly stepping away from our Loyalist/Unionist links which although you agree to it and want to see that as being the case. 

I don't.  

Yesterday you said it was about the club acknowledging the 12th because you thought it was a religious holiday akin to Ramadan and Christmas

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For most Rangers fans, it will not be accepted(even years later) to see a Rangers Fan flaunting the breaking up of the Union because quintessentially, like it or not, we are affiliated with everything that is the Union. We may be in Scotland, but our colours are Red, White and Blue. We sing God Save The Queen, We sing Rule Brittania, We have Rangers songs honouring Our Queen,  We honour our British Soldiers. We have certain traditions the club still keep - thankfully. 

Some of you might disagree with it, in fact there are the select few who do, but it's part of our club foundations. Pretty sure Rangers also wished Our Queen a Happy Birthday recently as well.

Which other Scottish clubs do this?  Personally, I can't think. Maybe Hearts at a push? 

Here below is a little example...

We can all debate, disagree and have opinions, but this much is fact. 

I personally know, off the top of my head, 6 Nationalist Rangers fans. 3 have STs, one used to have and his brother does, two others used to have. All still fans.

There's plenty there but, as others have said, they go for the football. It's a football and family thing, not a PUL thing. They don't give a fuck that most are Unionist and that many disapprove of them, and are not anti Queen. They're not interested in changing anything either.

Folk on here probably only notice them online cause they just want to go to the football, not talk about politics or be abused when they're supposed to be enjoying a game of football :lol:. This is obvious, yet the same 'you never see these guys anywhere that's not the internet' shite comes up every time.

8 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Are there a far greater number of SNP/independence supporters in our support than anyone realises?? Do they sit there with gritted teeth through the vast majority of our songbook and avoid any merchandise with a union flag?

Or are they just a noisy minority who crawl out anonymously from beneath their rocks on the internet?

They go to watch football, then when they're there they sit and watch the football.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

I personally know, off the top of my head, 6 Nationalist Rangers fans. 3 have STs, one used to have and his brother does, two others used to have. All still fans.

There's plenty there but, as others have said, they go for the football. It's a football and family thing, not a PUL thing. They don't give a fuck that most are Unionist and that many disapprove of them, and are not anti Queen. They're not interested in changing anything either. 

Folk on here probably only notice them online cause they just want to go to the football, not talk about politics or be abused when they're supposed to be enjoying a game of football :lol:. This is obvious, yet the same 'you never see these guys anywhere that's not the internet' shite comes up every time.

It's the same as the Fuck the Pope mob. I never see them in most boozers and it's only on here I ever hear folk go on about how they've 'nae taig pals'.

Possibly the issue is that some uber Unionists expect all Nationalists to be as uber and angry as they are. Which isn't the case. Obviously rabid, angry Nationalists probably aren't going yo be at Ibrox.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's the same as the Fuck the Pope mob. I never see them in most boozers and it's only on here I ever hear folk go on about how they've 'nae taig pals'.

I rarely do either.

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

They go to watch football, then when they're there they sit and watch the football.

Well no...one on here has already admitted they would be belting out God Save The Queen so you're talking nonsense right there. 

Very strange though imo. 

Edit: Sorry it was Rule Brittania. Even stranger :lol:

5 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Well no...one on here has already admitted they would be belting out God Save The Queen so you're talking nonsense right there. 

Very strange though imo. 

Nonsense? Really? Do they go to watch the football? Do they sit and watch the football at any point? That's apart from being overly literal in an obtuse attempt to miss the point.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Bottom line is why did this guy try to politicise the club by wearing a Rangers top and his female friend wearing a scarf ?

He has every right to his political views but don’t associate them with our club.

The same reason folk associate the opposite political views with the club. I've never seen anyone chastised for wearing their Rangers shirt to an OO walk. Surely they shouldn't be associating their political views with the club too.

6 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Very strange though imo. 

God save the Queen would be very acceptable to anyone wanting independence. She would still be a sovereign head as per the SNP ‘s independence manifesto. 

So I read anyway 😬

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The same reason folk associate the opposite political views with the club. I've never seen anyone chastised for wearing their Rangers shirt to an OO walk. Surely they shouldn't be associating their political views with the club too.

What political views do the OO have mate?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

The club has an identity with Protestantism and the Union, both are embraced by the OO.

Also I don’t believe the OO is a political organisation 

The club has an identity with Protestantism and the Union, both are embraced by the OO.

Also I don’t believe the OO is a political organisation 

Protestantism and the Union are also embraced by the Tory party. Can I wear my Rangers shirt there?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Who said anything about the OOs political views, I'm talking about the person wearing the shirt. 

What did you mean by this?

'I've never seen anyone chastised for wearing their Rangers shirt to an OO walk. Surely they shouldn't be associating their political views with the club too.'

Just now, The Dude said:

Protestantism and the Union are also embraced by the Tory party. Can I wear my Rangers shirt there?

No, Rangers FC are not a political organisation, probably wouldn’t be allowed in.

Having said that what about that MSP who wore her hoops to the Scottish parliament 

No, Rangers FC are not a political organisation, probably wouldn’t be allowed in.

Having said that what about that MSP who wore her hoops to the Scottish parliament 

She's a twat.

Archived