***Official Rangers v Tarriers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

We battered them today. It could have been more. We looked far better than them and our team is about a 3rd of their wage budget. Oh aye and did they give us a guard of honour at the end after that pumping? Because they fuvking should have 😂

:UK:

7 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

The gap will finish 6 points. Considering how inconsistent we have been you would imagine it would be higher but it is proof that it's very much doable to win the league. Strengthen the squad and start very strong. 

We WILL win it next season unless they do something remarkable.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

IMO there is no longer a gap, there are no more excuses. Anything other than the title is no longer acceptable.

I dont think it is a case of not winning it being unacceptable.

If we play to our potential, we can win it. If they have a great season though, they can win it.

As long as we improve on this season, then ill be satisfied. We are moving in the right direction.

They still have a financial advantage over us, and allot of our fate will be decided by how well they appoint in the summer.

Just had a laugh at BBC's home page - went there and saw the headline "Rangers Dominate to Beat celtic" - for all of two seconds before it disappeared. Had to search for it then - it had been buried deep and replaced with "Rangers Secure Derby Win Over celtic".

Surprise surprise.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I dont think it is a case of not winning it being unacceptable.

If we play to our potential, we can win it. If they have a great season though, they can win it.

As long as we improve on this season, then ill be satisfied. We are moving in the right direction.

They still have a financial advantage over us, and allot of our fate will be decided by how well they appoint in the summer.

I get what you're saying and maybe I am getting caught up in this however if we beat them at parkhead which we really could have done, we'd be top. 

The only way we can improve on that is by winning the league.

If we didn't win the league and it was like Liverpool Man City this season, then that's just awful luck but I think the chat of 'getting better', 'improving' 'closing the gap' is gone now. Mentally we have to go into the season truly believing we are winning this.

Right now, player for player we are just as good as them IMO. Obviously a lot can change between now and next season though.

9 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Their team that finished who was missing, nae neck and the left back (who's always injured anyway)? They will make signings no doubt but half their squad are loans or out of contract. They have a big rebuild job on.

What they do shouldn't matter though. We have an incredible opportunity to kick on now. We have to look after ourselves. Do this correctly and this time next season we'll be celebrating 55! 

Lustig chickened out again,injured my arse,he fears Kent:UK:

Hard to pick a MOTM. So many candidates for once (against them). 
Arfield, Kamara, Davis, all ran their socks off and kept the ball so well. They all found their men with forward passes, and broke up virtually every move.

Kent was busy as usual and a threat, but I don't think he was on top form. Defoe made a lot of unselfish runs, and THAT dummy...WOW! 

Flannagan made two outstanding challenges and was rarely out of position.

Tav....great showing. Stunning goal. Goldson too....very commanding and led the line well.

MOTM for me though was Katic. Big man was outstanding in the air, he's just so commanding, and doesn't just win the header.....he clears it well too. Him and Goldson protected Fod really well. 

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

Hard to pick a MOTM. So many candidates for once (against them). 
Arfield, Kamara, Davis, all ran their socks off and kept the ball so well. They all found their men with forward passes, and broke up virtually every move.

Kent was busy as usual and a threat, but I don't think he was on top form. Defoe made a lot of unselfish runs, and THAT dummy...WOW! 

Flannagan made two outstanding challenges and was rarely out of position.

Tav....great showing. Stunning goal. Goldson too....very commanding and led the line well.

MOTM for me though was Katic. Big man was outstanding in the air, he's just so commanding, and doesn't just win the header.....he clears it well too. Him and Goldson protected Fod really well. 

Katic had a great game, but Goldson for me was even better.

Archived