PFA POTY Awards

38 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Good goal, not watched the rest but surely there’s got to have been a better on than that over the season?

My thoughts exactly, I remember when it went in and thought it was tidy but never once crossed my mind it would even be a contender. Oh well, well done Alfredo 👏 

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

Gerrard.   Piloted Rangers to an excellent European run and made a big contribution to improving the visibility and quality of Scottish football.   Rebuilt Rangers to produce a solid title challenge.   Brought exciting players to Rangers for Scottish football to see - Kent for instance.   

What has Clarke done other than coach a side that sets out to play negative football designed not to lose and to accumulate safety points. 

Europe means nothing, if you count Europe you include the cups which were embarrassing.

A solid title challenge? It’s effectively been over since January/February.

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

Gerrard.   Piloted Rangers to an excellent European run and made a big contribution to improving the visibility and quality of Scottish football.   Rebuilt Rangers to produce a solid title challenge.   Brought exciting players to Rangers for Scottish football to see - Kent for instance.   

What has Clarke done other than coach a side that sets out to play negative football designed not to lose and to accumulate safety points. 

I'm no fan of him but in the 12 months between 2018 until 1st Jan 2019, his shite team had more points than us and the filth.

Quite an achievement.

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

A Rangers manager who ends the season trophyless shouldn't even be in consideration let alone winning the award.

We haven't had a solid title challenge :lol: 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Europe means nothing, if you count Europe you include the cups which were embarrassing.

A solid title challenge? It’s effectively been over since January/February.

Fair points.  I'm simply trying to put some points where our manager has sought to make a positive contribution to Scottish football - contrasted with Clarke who sets out to avoid defeat as a primary objective.    I think Gerrard has contributed a lot more than Clarke to Scottish football this season.  A matter of opinions of course.  

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

A Rangers manager who ends the season trophyless shouldn't even be in consideration let alone winning the award.

We haven't had a solid title challenge :lol: 

I see where you are coming from and fair enough.   2nd is progress is it not (noting that so many in this forum think that progress has been made so why not seek to have it recognised).    2nd is solid enough if folk go along with the 'progress' line.   All I'm really saying is compared to Clarke I think Gerrard has done a better job by very wide margin.   

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

I see where you are coming from and fair enough.   2nd is progress is it not (noting that so many in this forum think that progress has been made so why not seek to have it recognised).    2nd is solid enough if folk go along with the 'progress' line.   All I'm really saying is compared to Clarke I think Gerrard has done a better job by very wide margin.   

Clarke has massively over achieved, Gerrard has arguably under achieved 

Is that Halkett in toty? would maybe be a good option as backup, especially given he would qualify as a homegrown player for the Europa league and we don’t seem to have any centre backs in the youths that are close to their he first team (although maybe someone who’s more knowledgeable on the youths can correct me on that)

2 minutes ago, Teddybear123 said:

Is that Halkett in toty? would maybe be a good option as backup, especially given he would qualify as a homegrown player for the Europa league and we don’t seem to have any centre backs in the youths that are close to their he first team (although maybe someone who’s more knowledgeable on the youths can correct me on that)

We should offer Hearts 6 million.

3 minutes ago, Teddybear123 said:

He signed for Everton on a pre contract.