PFA POTY Awards

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

Suggesting Clarke hasn't had an excellent season is ridiculous. Suggesting Forrest isn't a decent shout for POTY is also ridiculous.

From what I've seen, they'd both be my choices if I wasn't biased.

Jim Goodwin would be my Manager of the Year, to keep Alloa in the championship despite being the only semi-professional team in a ridiculously competitive league is nothing short of miraculous.

6 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

Dick Campbell should have won it! He took over Arbroath in 2016 who were in the relegation places of League two & got them promoted in his first full season & then made the play offs as a newly promoted team last year before then winning the league this year.

By far a bigger achievement than what Clarke has achieved! He got the award because he played the victim card! 

A League 1/2 manager whatever he is was never winning it lets be realistic.

Paranoid head on here .

Morelos is the best in the country by a distance .But they cant give it to him .might increase any transfer fee .

Kent nominated in front of Tav for player of the year .Increases profile .makes his return next season more doubtful due to raised profile 

10 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Paranoid head on here .

Morelos is the best in the country by a distance .But they cant give it to him .might increase any transfer fee .

Kent nominated in front of Tav for player of the year .Increases profile .makes his return next season more doubtful due to raised profile 

I doubt every professional in Scotland banded together and decided on a conspiracy theory like that when they were asked to vote for their player of the year.

20 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I doubt every professional in Scotland banded together and decided on a conspiracy theory like that when they were asked to vote for their player of the year.

The player of the year has been a stitch up for most of this century .

Ricksen had to share it with that big fud Hartson one year .On the back of Hartson scoring 20 odd taps in .

A few years later Boyd scores more .but isnt quoted due to only scoring goals 

Nakamura wins it on the strength of the amount of free kicks he scored in the same season Charlie Adam scored 1 more .

Anything is possible 

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

The player of the year has been a stitch up for most of this century .

Ricksen had to share it with that big fud Hartson one year .On the back of Hartson scoring 20 odd taps in .

A few years later Boyd scores more .but isnt quoted due to only scoring goals 

Nakamura wins it on the strength of the amount of free kicks he scored in the same season Charlie Adam scored 1 more .

Anything is possible 

So the only years it wasn't rigged is when our players have been the sole winners of it?

54 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Did the Morelos goal not win goal of the month? Morelos was never winning POTY. 

I think it did I hate these players of the year awards when our teams been handed second prizes all season. Hope we turn it around next year.

3 hours ago, BF1 said:

So the only years it wasn't rigged is when our players have been the sole winners of it?

just giving examples this century 

didnt say rigged .a stitch up though 13 of last 15 winners have been taigs .

This season Morelos has been clearly the best player in the league .Forrest wins for a couple of bursts of form 

Media hype in the last month or so has pulled names into the frame with the added narrative of Morelos can he win it with his disciplinary record .

Just as in years past when the likes of Boyd was dismissed with the reason .he only scores goals .