Ricksen uses oxygen 10 hours a day

RFC55

I met him in benidorm in 2014 at ibrox bar. Tell you one thing the guy was an absolute gent that evening. His wife and wee daughter were there too. Keep fighting Fernando, an utterly horrific illness. You wouldn't wish on your worst enemy. My heart sinks each time I see updated pictures of him. To go from an all action midfielder to what it makes him now. Heartbreaking for him and his family. Keep fighting this cunt of an illness. 

44 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

My mate has same illness and it’s a nightmare watching him decline so rapidly , Fernando is a fighter and is getting all the right help in his battle. Let’s hope him and my mate are around for a long time 

I watched a few guys with it post Gulf.  The degeneration of the sufferers is absolutely horrendous.  It hurts like hell to see anyone with it.  The guy in the link was a guy I served with and was running around with us in the deserts of Iraq.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1382719/Gulf-war-syndrome-activist-dies-at-44.html

No Surrender Fernando

12 hours ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

Keep fighting wee man, don’t know him personally but often see big Doddie Weir frightening how it looks to be affecting him as well now absolute bastard of a disease 

Seen him in the SECC a few months ago, went up to shake his hand but noticed last minute he was being interviewed so didn't want to interrupt. He, like Ricksen, has been incredibly brave in taking the illness head on and trying to be positive. True inspirations.

1 hour ago, kirkiebear said:

Seen him in the SECC a few months ago, went up to shake his hand but noticed last minute he was being interviewed so didn't want to interrupt. He, like Ricksen, has been incredibly brave in taking the illness head on and trying to be positive. True inspirations.

Both their charity work on the matter has been unbelievable like you say inspirations