Jon Flanagan

hammer93

49 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Rangers star Jon Flanagan is facing a possible Old Firm charge.

SunSport understands SFA compliance officer Clare Whyte has spent the last 24 hours considering his apparent elbow on celtic skipper Scott Brown – captured by TV cameras – in the second half of Gers’ 2-0 win.

Ref Kevin Clancy chose to book the full-back, but Hoops interim boss Neil Lennon slammed Clancy for not giving a straight red card.

It’s believed Whyte is likely to decide today what action, if any, she will take, while also considering several other incidents from Sunday’s clash.

She cant take any action can she? Ref deemed it a yellow and gave his reasoning. Her mailbox was probably jammed with crayon scrawled letters "at wiz a pyoor H** so he wus"

There's something in rules I'm sure about them reviewing it if theres a significant part of an incident he missed. In this case, it'll be that the fact that the scum would get beat and would need a scapegoat. 

The more I watch the Brown incident, the more convinced I am that he was coming in to instigate contact to go down no matter how much or little was made.

His left arm goes round Flanagans back which demonstrates he's getting that close in, which isnt natural when you've got a run on a standing defender at a corner.

Yep, he was looking to create that incident and this time failed, only likely because the officials didnt see his full theatrics properly.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The more I watch the Brown incident, the more convinced I am that he was coming in to instigate contact to go down no matter how much or little was made.

His left arm goes round Flanagans back which demonstrates he's getting that close in, which isnt natural when you've got a run on a standing defender at a corner.

Yep, he was looking to create that incident and this time failed, only likely because the officials didnt see his full theatrics properly.

Same mate. To clock someone with an elbow your arm moves directly backwards, like Morelos did. Flanagan moves his arm more to the side and catches him in the neck with his forearm. 

Just now, MrMckee said:

Thanks for posting mate. 

Looked like an elbow to me. If it was on of our players the media would be crucifying us. 

It was an elbow and it is shocking but not surprising that nothing has been made of that. 

On the eater of lego he got a taste of his own medicine now get it fucking up you ya thug prick. 

19 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

I thought if the incident was seen by the ref, and the player was booked it was impossible to take it further. Or is that just another case of one rule for us and another for everyone else? 

There's been a couple where that's not been the case, and the incident retrospectively reviewed despite yellow card issued.

Darnell Johnson of Hivs was yellow carded against the scum and retrospectively got a 2 game ban. From the game where Brown and Simunovic got off with shocking challenges.

35 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Thanks for posting mate. 

Looked like an elbow to me. If it was on of our players the media would be crucifying us. 

Yeah it's an elbow and not one report from the media on it. 

Complaince officer is supposedly in place to catch incidents like this. But I'm not holding my breath. 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There's been a couple where that's not been the case, and the incident retrospectively reviewed despite yellow card issued.

Darnell Johnson of Hivs was yellow carded against the scum and retrospectively got a 2 game ban. From the game where Brown and Simunovic got off with shocking challenges.

The claim was that the ref didn't have a clear view of that incident with Johnson, so they could upgrade him to a Red. 

Flanagan the ref can clearly see it and issued a yellow. If they upgrade to a red it's a joke.

Complaince officer being used to re referee games instead of catching off the ball incidents missed, which was the whole point initially of the role being created. 

47 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Ths claim was that the ref didn't have a clear view of that incident with Johnson, so they could upgrade him to a Red. 

Flanagan the ref can clearly see it and issued a yellow. If they upgrade to a red it's a joke.

Complaince officer being used to re referee games instead of catching off the ball incidents missed, which was the whole point initially of the role being created. 

Bobby madden clearly saw the McGregor Ferguson incident. Didnt stop him giving a different version of events to suit the compliance officer version and outcome.

As much as I enjoyed it, and as unpopular it's going to make me in this thread, the elbow is the type of incident which could have seen a red card and us going down to 10 men. Although we were all over them at that point it was 1-0 and it could have given the scum the impetus to go on and get a goal.

We were lucky the ref didn't see it properly, and if he did and it was a red then they'd be a hell of a lot of moaning and calling this guy a wanker etc for his indiscipline. 

It's the type of thing we have to completely remove from our game because as what has already said - suspensions have gone a long way to cost us the league.

Like I said, I enjoyed the knuckledragger hitting the dirt but we have to try and eliminate this.

5 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

As much as I enjoyed it, and as unpopular it's going to make me in this thread, the elbow is the type of incident which could have seen a red card and us going down to 10 men. Although we were all over them at that point it was 1-0 and it could have given the scum the impetus to go on and get a goal.

We were lucky the ref didn't see it properly, and if he did and it was a red then they'd be a hell of a lot of moaning and calling this guy a wanker etc for his indiscipline. 

It's the type of thing we have to completely remove from our game because as what has already said - suspensions have gone a long way to cost us the league.

Like I said, I enjoyed the knuckledragger hitting the dirt but we have to try and eliminate this.

Yup. If we lost that game and Flanagan got sent off we'd be calling him for all sorts. Need to be smarter than that next season. 

Don't mind players giving cunts like a brown a taste of their own medicine but to do it in the 1st half hour when 1 up is mental. 

Madden seen the Mcgregor incident but was told he hadn't. It came out at the time that Collum was absolutely raging with that fat fenian cunt Whyte and her mob because he admitted to them he would not have given a 2nd yellow and red to Candeias if he had actually seen it. They then said he had seen the incident and it stood.

Add in the fact it didn't matter the ref seen and dealt with that hibs foul earlier against them, that was also re-reffed to their standards.

Flanagan will be banned, Jozo wont be reviewed and the club will take it up the arse for the millionth time.