The Best Thing About This Summer

"surely can’t be anybody who questions whether we have made progress under Gerrard now?"

i'm sure some bawbag will come crawling out their cave soon enough. 

group stages of europe. 2 wins at home vs the scum. currently 6 points behind with 1 game to go. at worst we finish 9 points behind them. that's better than the last season we were in the premiership before relegated even after ignoring the 10 points we were deducted.

next season there are no more excuses we should be winning the league. if we can just stop drawing/losing stupid games then it's ours for the taking.

29 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Is that we don’t need a massive overhaul. We only require tinkering and adding from an already solid base which is such a change from the past three seasons where it’s been a completely new team lining up for the first game of the season.

Things are absolutely looking up for us now and there surely can’t be anybody who questions whether we have made progress under Gerrard now?

He’s got a particular type of player he wants, and he’s just got to the point where he knows who they are and it’s clicking. We’re coming out all guns blazing from the very first game next season.

The progress he’s made in one season, while rebuilding, has been phenomenal.

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Our biggest signing this summer could be the tarriers keeping lennon. That happens we win the league, never been as sure in my life.

No way will they keep him after that, they’ll go out and spend big again. Every chance they’ll still fuck up the appointment though.

The only thing missing from us is consistency, which will be helped hopefully by fewer suspensions of our big players and adding to a solid base as you say.

We've proven this season we're on their level. It's just these fine margins, you consider these last min goals vs the sheep, Motherwell at the start of the season, Hibs throughout the season. We'd be champions if not for them.

8 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Our biggest signing this summer could be the tarriers keeping lennon. That happens we win the league, never been as sure in my life.

That was me that started the "Lennon must stay" chant in the Broomie 😂

It depends who leaves.  Morelos and Tavernier could potentially be sold and Kent might return to Liverpool.  The positive for me is that, even if we lose players like Morelos and Tavernier, we’ll get big money for them to reinvest in the squad.  If we do get big money for Morelos then I hope we look to bring Kent here permanently because that’s celtic defense is scared of him and he’s only going to get better.

10 minutes ago, Boyd9her said:

We need at least 6 players that are better than what we have.

That's shite tbh.

When we can dominate and win against the champions twice at home, and dominate a large chunk against them at their place then it shows we're competitive enough.

Weve lacked consistency, discipline and that bit of quality in the final 3rd. That's not a 6 players needed case at all if we can keep those we want to keep, though it would be welcomed. We dont need 6 signings though.

29 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Unfortunately they won’t keep Lennon, today makes sure if that,  but bringing in a new manager always has risks and I think they are there for the taking no matter who they get.