The Best Thing About This Summer

17 minutes ago, Boyd9her said:

We need at least 6 players that are better than what we have.

That would depend on players leaving. What we need is 3 possibly 4 players in key positions that are a massive upgrade on what we have 

23 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Consistency now and consistency when the pressure is on is still a different matter 

This, some of these players still have to show they can show up when we badly need the points

Build around guys like arfield, kamara, goldson and katic and we'll have that soon enough 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Is that we don’t need a massive overhaul. We only require tinkering and adding from an already solid base which is such a change from the past three seasons where it’s been a completely new team lining up for the first game of the season.

Things are absolutely looking up for us now and there surely can’t be anybody who questions whether we have made progress under Gerrard now?

So true and we can hold our heads up in work tomorrow with a wicked grin on our faces .

I think we still need a minimum of 3 starting positions improved and that before we lose possibly Kent, Tav and Morelos. That's possibly 6 and although it might not be a total overhaul it's alot to bring into a starting 11. 

The squads a different story altogether though. We could still see a shit load of movement in and out this summer, 15 to 20 maybe. 

1 minute ago, KBOO72 said:

I think we still need a minimum of 3 starting positions improved and that before we lose possibly Kent, Tav and Morelos. That's possibly 6 and although it might not be a total overhaul it's alot to bring into a starting 11. 

The squads a different story altogether though. We could still see a shit load of movement in and out this summer, 15 to 20 maybe. 

Tavs going nowhere. 

Realistically we need Barasic to step and be the player we all know he can be. 

We need Ryan Kent to sign a permanent deal and we need a replacement for Kyle Lafferty and Morelos. 

That would be enough for us to win it next year 

1 minute ago, KBOO72 said:

Money talks. 

I hope you're right but with every good performance the interest in him will only increase. 

He has been doing it for us since he arrived. He is our captain and one of the most effective players in the league. It would take serious cash to coax him away and I don’t think anyone is going to do that unless we win the league. Plus. I don’t know where he goes? He isn’t going to a top 6 English club and why would he go to mid or bottom table mediocrity. 

We turned down 10m for Morelos I don’t think we would accept less for Tav. 

1 hour ago, The Monk said:

They are going to have a big turnover this summer with loans expiring, players wanting out etc. If they don’t get their recruitment spot on then 5ey are there for the taking. We are only getting stronger this summer.

That's why brenda bottled it !!

19 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Money talks. 

I hope you're right but with every good performance the interest in him will only increase. 

He’s probably one if not our highest paid player and captain. At a guess I’d say 30k a week. He’d be lucky to get another 10 on top of that at a EPL team if he wasn’t a guaranteed starter. 

He’ll stay I think. I actually think he might just finish his career here

The continuity of having a manager over the summer is huge.

We are genuinely now in poll position to win the league next season.

As the op said we don’t need huge changes.

A couple of quality signings we’ll be fine and players like Candeias and McCrorie will make great squad players which we’ve lacked the last few seasons.

3 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Our biggest signing this summer could be the tarriers keeping lennon. That happens we win the league, never been as sure in my life.

I THINK AFTER TODAY they will be thinking about a new manager and not lennon  a bit like when we beat them in 2016 and they got rodgers dont be surprised if moyes is on their list  like you i am praying they keep lennon

3 hours ago, Boyd9her said:

We were brilliant today, but anyone that thinks we don’t need a massive overhaul is kidding themselves 

just read this post and your others on here  you talk a lot of shit  are you a gers fan or just a imposter

11 minutes ago, billscott said:

I THINK AFTER TODAY they will be thinking about a new manager and not lennon  a bit like when we beat them in 2016 and they got rodgers dont be surprised if moyes is on their list  like you i am praying they keep lennon

Hope so, Moyes is a shite manager, too defensive, and like Warburton, no Plan B (was lucky at Everton but found out at Utd)