Rangers statement r.e. Flanagan Citation

grant_rfc

If it wasn't seen then why was he booked? What could the referee or assistant possibly have seen other than the incident. Flannigan elbowed him, I can't see what else it could it have been seen as.

I mean he should have been sent off, we really couldn't complain if he had, but for me the referee seen and dealt with it.

The SFA do seem to make it up as they go along. I said earlier in the season, this re-referreeing of games is a slippery slope, and it realy doesn't sit right with me a panel over ruling referees decisions.

We are 6 points from the filth and we have the worst disciplinary record in the league that's not even mentioning the decisions which have went against us in games. They need called out and highlighted it's been going on to long now. 

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Shock and awe for a change from the club. 

Now follow through with this and nail the cunts to the floor. 

This and 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

But will they?  All too often we get ‘the statement’ then absolutely nothing to back it up.

This. 

We will just have to hope that this time they do carry it through. I'll be amazed if they do. 

5 hours ago, grant_rfc said:

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/seething-Rangers-issue-stinging-sfa-15842346

A club spokesperson said:

‘Once again, there seems intent to change the decision of a Referee in a match involving Rangers. There seems to be a steady erosion of respect for Scotland’s Referees and the authority they are meant to enjoy under Rule 5 of the Laws of the Game. The decisions of Referees regarding facts connected with play are meant to be final but Referees are now routinely invited to change their decisions after a game has finished.

It is particularly shocking that another Rangers’ player has been singled out for retrospective action and issued with a notice of complaint while Jozo Simunovic, the celtic player who used an elbow to fell Jermain Defoe, has escaped any kind of censure. Why did one incident escape punishment while the other is now deemed worthy of a red card? We cannot understand how these two incidents could be studied yet only one be considered worthy of punishment. It seems as if Rangers’ players are being held to a different code of conduct from players at other clubs. We shall vigorously defend Mr Flanagan and have also asked for full transparency on what matters are brought forward for retrospective action. Are those decisions being made even-handedly?’

Good statement.

I would like to know who is making the decisions to cite our players, as the CO has no involvement in football decisions as stated at the time of her employment. 

The last 3 CO's have all been bheggar fans and have used this position to cite us far too many times for it to be coincidence.
That is what the board should concentrate on.
How the fuck can she be impartial,when they need something to deflect from separate entity fc and the daily news about the paedophile ring.
You have to admit they sure know how to deflect shite.
We complain and are made to look like the problem.
If we don't say GTF this time,the tramps will sail to 10 of this I have absolutely no doubt.
You can see the ugly bastard sitting across from lawell and nodding her thick fuckin head.
Unless the board tell them to GTF,we as fans will have to sook it up.

Sportscene fawned over the Flanagan incident for about 5 minutes and looked at it 6 or 7 times but the simunovic incident didn't even merit a mention....here lies the biggest problem...it is most definitely trial by sportscene...I have said it countless times now this season  but they genuinely aren't even hiding the bias now.

It’s a decent enough statement and we definitely need to fight back over this massive inequality. It’s just unfortunate that in this particular case it was an absolute stonewall red card. 

The Compliance Officer position should be abolished. It’s fucking bollocks. 

Rather than hiring a complete amateur to review amateur refereeing decisions why not just employ professional referees

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

It’s a decent enough statement and we definitely need to fight back over this massive inequality. It’s just unfortunate that in this particular case it was an absolute stonewall red card. 

Rather than hiring a complete amateur to review amateur refereeing decisions why not just employ professional referees

Its not whether it was a red card (the referee deemed it a yellow card offence) its the lack of parity, Simunovic was equally as guilty and hasn't been cited.

As was stated earlier in the thread its a 3 taig panel that makes it up as they go along. I think the CO refers incidents, hence no referral of their thugs.

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

They do, the 3 man panel she sends any complaint to are ex professional Refs. 

24 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They do, the 3 man panel she sends any complaint to are ex professional Refs. 

I get that. But a. There are no full time professional referees in Scotland they are part timers. and b. I mean on the field instead of refereeing after the fact. 

8 hours ago, BlueBeard said:

Just watched the bbc highlights program, after the initial incident, it was shown another five times during the highlights, then another five while sitting discussing the incident afterwards , in contrast the elbow on Defoe was shown only once after the initial incident, and not even mentioned afterwards.

Trial by the bbc is certainly working,.

Thats what we need clarified as to how the compliance officer becomes aware of incidents ,and then make sure we are treated evenly and fairly ,theres plenty of examples of Browns elbowing and stamping ,also Craig Gordon has several examples of kung fu kicks.These tend to be airbrushed over , with at worst a 'not for me' comment from an embittered biased pundit .

I thought the uses stated if you hot booked during the game like Flanagan then that was the end of the matter regardless.

Have the rules now changed? If Flanagan was not booked then they could hand him a 2 game ban no quibbles butbthe fact the ref saw it and booked him meant they could not touch him.

Shoot me down if I am wrong , but when where these rules changed? And what about the cunt that elbowed Defoe and never even got booked ?    Oh I forgot Defoes head clashed with his elbow so should be a 2 game ban for Defoe then.

As others have said we cannot back down and refuse to honour any tv deal next season by saying the cameras are banned from Ibrox and tell the SFA to forget the Scottish cup also as we will not be taking part,   Watch them come running to sort it out then, and tell them if it ever happens again then we will ban all tv cameras regardless of the tv deal they have.  

1 hour ago, RFC Eagle said:

Its not whether it was a red card (the referee deemed it a yellow card offence) its the lack of parity, Simunovic was equally as guilty and hasn't been cited.

As was stated earlier in the thread its a 3 taig panel that makes it up as they go along. I think the CO refers incidents, hence no referral of their thugs.

I agree. But you can’t make that case while saying “we will defend mr Flanagan”. You can’t defend Flanagan as it is a red card all day long. 

Attack the process. Challenge the process. Seek the clarity of the process and ensure it’s transparency. Even insist the process be abolished. 

But don’t say we will defend Mr Flanagan. It’s a losing battle to defend the indefensible. 

3 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

The last 3 CO's have all been bheggar fans and have used this position to cite us far too many times for it to be coincidence.
That is what the board should concentrate on.
How the fuck can she be impartial,when they need something to deflect from separate entity fc and the daily news about the paedophile ring.
You have to admit they sure know how to deflect shite.
We complain and are made to look like the problem.
If we don't say GTF this time,the tramps will sail to 10 of this I have absolutely no doubt.
You can see the ugly bastard sitting across from lawell and nodding her thick fuckin head.
Unless the board tell them to GTF,we as fans will have to sook it up.

What's even more staggering is that all the teams in the league have been cited on numerous occasions as well while they have never had a single one all season I believe. Something is not right no matter what way you look at it

37 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

I get that. But a. There are no full time professional referees in Scotland they are part timers. and b. I mean on the field instead of refereeing after the fact. 

Good luck with any idea of a full time professional Ref when they are getting their games reReffed every weekend. 

We have lost points this season because of the media/ sfa compliance officer campaign against us. Refs are influenced by it and we are getting refereed in a different perspective from every other team, during and after a game. I would support Rangers going to court of arbitration. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Good luck with any idea of a full time professional Ref when they are getting their games reReffed every weekend. 

Yeah. Which is why I say abolish the re-Reffing and instead get professional full time referees preferably with VAR. 

9 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

There was fuck all in it. Even downy broon didn't make much of it at the time. Simply a badly timed jump.

Anyow, should have broken his jaw.

Good to see our club stand up for what is right. Trial by biased tv video yet again.

Nobody jumped mate. Flannigan caught him a good one and should have been sent off.  No point in saying otherwise  

The issue is retrospective action yet again and simunovic’s assault on Defoe to show fair refereeing