Rangers statement r.e. Flanagan Citation

grant_rfc

5 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Yeah. Which is why I say abolish the re-Reffing and instead get professional full time referees preferably with VAR. 

I agree on that, but watch the Scum fight that idea to the death. 

We also have the problem of just who is sitting in front of the VAR system, I would like to see it covered by people from outside of Scotland. 

12 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We also have the problem of just who is sitting in front of the VAR system, I would like to see it covered by people from outside of Scotland. 

I’m outside Scotland mate. I’d be willing to sit and judge. 

29 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Nobody jumped mate. Flannigan caught him a good one and should have been sent off.  No point in saying otherwise  

The issue is retrospective action yet again and simunovic’s assault on Defoe to show fair refereeing 

A fuckin dull one.hope the bastard is having flashbacks in to his middle ages. 

17 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Preferably Outer Mongolia,and they've never seen ra hoops.

6 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Jeff Winter would be a good choice.

I didn't realise he was a Rangers fan tbh. But nah, I genuinely wish it would be someone who couldn't give a shit about any Scottish clubs, us or them. And preferably a notable figure in refereeing who won't sit back and be told what decisions he should take. 

35 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Yeah. Which is why I say abolish the re-Reffing and instead get professional full time referees preferably with VAR. 

Have you seen the English referees in action... or even VAR, both a waste of money, football is about controversy, take that away and kill the essence of competition.

1 minute ago, backup said:

Have you seen the English referees in action... or even VAR, both a waste of money, football is about controversy, take that away and kill the essence of competition.

Football is about putting the ball in the net more than the opposition. 

Controversy has got nothing to do with it. 

1 minute ago, Malvern said:

You know full well what CB was saying, no need to be obtuse now is there.

Strictly Presbyterian for generations my good chap, since the Reformation and before God left Govan.

17 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Genuine question on this...

Has anyone seen any footage that shows that JF definitely caught him in the face? I haven't which doesn't mean to say it doesn't exist. This is important as the ref stated to the mutant that he didn't show a red because he didn't think he caught him on the face (or head) which is deemed a straight red. Forget the fact that the mutant went down holding his face, he did that when Morelos hit him in the chest too.  They showed about 6 angles on Sportscene but none that I saw were crystal clear that he hit his face. 

Funnily enough they only have 2 angles of the one on Defoe but you can clearly see that his elbow hits his face/head. Same when he wasn't cited when he felled the Hibs player in Feb with a horrendous blow to the head.

Remember this is the same process that downgraded the Kilmarnock keeper's red card when the video from the Main Stand was crystal clear showing him deliberately elbow Kamara in the face.

Curious or corrupt - you choose.

As many others have said, Lego wouldn’t have been up so quick if he had been caught in the face, the force of him running into Flanagan would have left a mark, Defoe was different in that they were both running in the same direction so no real force although he was intentionally elbowed.

2 hours ago, stevemac said:

The compliance officer needs to be a complete neutral. Dare I say an ex pro referee from outside of the SPL, a Mark Clattenburg or someone of similar ilk who is known for being a consummate professional and has absolutely no bias. 

There's an article somewhere from the original EPL compliance officer. It was originally one guy and he was utterly swamped with work, accusations of bias etc. Now they have a compliance team, can't remember the number 15-20 people. 

One individual doing this job is clearly not working. 

15 minutes ago, backup said:

Simple answer no. 

If such a piece of footage existed I am certain it would be getting played in slo-mo til the tape wore out to prove he hit his face.

Rangers should lawyer up and ask to see the video that clearly shows contact with the head/face. If none exists then the case should be dismissed through lack of evidence. Then produce the video of the hit on Defoe, explain that it clearly shows deliberate and premeditated contact to the head and demand a clear explanation of why this was not punished. 

The days of doing nothing when faced with blatant cheating via the CO need to end now. We are good enough to beat them on the pitch now but they have a massive advantage off the pitch which we must fight to eliminate as vigorously as we fought to overcome them on the pitch. This is worth points to them and they know it.

A classic example of this is the opening 3 games of last season (17/18)

week 1 both win

week 2 celtic beat Thistle 1-0 with Thistle denied a stone wall pen in injury time for a draw. Rangers 0-0 with Hearts with perfectly good goal chopped off for offside (morelos from Wallace assist)

week3 we lose 2-3 to Hibs in the worst display of refereeing witnessed in a long time. Should have been 1 up v 10 men (Stokes on Tav) but ended up playing most of the game with 10 for a ridiculous red on Jack later rescinded.

Result tims on 9 us on 4 - 5 behind when it could/should have been us on 9 then on 7 ................ a 7 point swing in 3 games and we are playing catch up with confidence hammered

11 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

There's an article somewhere from the original EPL compliance officer. It was originally one guy and he was utterly swamped with work, accusations of bias etc. Now they have a compliance team, can't remember the number 15-20 people. 

One individual doing this job is clearly not working. 

Really in any job that involves important decisions that could or can affect final outcomes that could cost compa ies millions it should be a minimum 5 man squad I think. Why should 1 person be allowed to hold so much power and use it to their own personal advantage? 

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

Really in any job that involves important decisions that could or can affect final outcomes that could cost compa ies millions it should be a minimum 5 man squad I think. Why should 1 person be allowed to hold so much power and use it to their own personal advantage? 

Yeah it's a good point that the Scottish game can't afford a team of 20. But as you say why not 5 people? 

Utterly baffling its one celtic supporting person with absolutely no prior relevant experience. 

2 hours ago, backup said:

Duting the man City game on Sunday I recall them talking about var being introduced next season and the commentators mentioned that, what I assume is their equivalent to out compliance officer stated that cases referred shown that the referee was correct in 98.2%. So while I think football should embrace var and any technology available the fact is if we had it Flanagan would have been shown a red card while Simunovic would still have no repurcussions either during the game or afterwards

1 minute ago, Gman36 said:

Yeah it's a good point that the Scottish game can't afford a team of 20. But as you say why not 5 people? 

Utterly baffling its one celtic supporting person with absolutely no prior relevant experience. 

It would only be a part time job tbh with a few hours on a Sunday evening once all games are finished and even then flash points etc are pretty minimal. I'm sure the sfa could afford to hire a few ex pro refs or similar to give their own verdict?

8 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Duting the man City game on Sunday I recall them talking about var being introduced next season and the commentators mentioned that, what I assume is their equivalent to out compliance officer stated that cases referred shown that the referee was correct in 98.2%. So while I think football should embrace var and any technology available the fact is if we had it Flanagan would have been shown a red card while Simunovic would still have no repurcussions either during the game or afterwards

Says it all, a yellow when the world could see it was clear red !

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, backup said:

I love how uncontroversial it is when a perfectly good goal is chopped off.

Wouldn’t be with goal line technology so no controversy. 

Wouldnt be with VAR on offside decisions. 

Correct decisions or do you prefer wrong decisions and getting beat