Rangers statement r.e. Flanagan Citation

grant_rfc

18 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

The Club needs to continue standing up to the corruption and open bias displayed by those in positions of influence be they on the pitch, in the media or the SFA.  I am not suggesting that JF has not committed an offence, but what is good for the goose is good for the gander.  In any other league  all teams would be treated equally with incorrect refereeing decisions balancing out over a season.  Not in Scotland.  This is what happens when those that despise our club permeate every position of influence possible.   

would i be off the mark suggesting the hatred of our club is actually sectarian 

or is only non catholics that can be sectarian.

9 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

What's even more staggering is that all the teams in the league have been cited on numerous occasions as well while they have never had a single one all season I believe. Something is not right no matter what way you look at it

They have been cited just never anything came of it

8 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Nobody jumped mate. Flannigan caught him a good one and should have been sent off.  No point in saying otherwise  

The issue is retrospective action yet again and simunovic’s assault on Defoe to show fair refereeing 

Broon fell like a sack of potatoes. Was a yellow imo. The baldy inbreed elbows players in the face all the time and gets away with it. 

11 minutes ago, backup said:

The board need to start standing up for players and fans, full stop.

Words are just that, actions speak louder than words.

I think one of the most frustrating things in this whole procedure is when the statement is made that a player does not get cited because the 3 person panel, which advises the CO, has stated that they are not in unanimous agreement therefore no charge can be brought.
Firstly, who are these people and secondly, upon what evidence have they based their decision and thirdly, what is their reasoning?

9 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

The ref on the day didn't think so. His decision should be final. The panel should only take action when the referee misses an incident. They should defend Flanagan as he was cautioned by the referee on the day. That should be an end of the matter. 

He was defending his space at the corner, he didn't catch Lego in the face and the charge is, materially, incorrect. The last is the strongest defence, the referee did see the incident, the charge states he didn't.

I appreciate that might be your opinion. The vast majority agree it’s a red card offence. 

Regarding what the ref saw, we don’t know what he saw because he doesn’t and can’t  tell us. He was positioned directly behind Brown so maybe he thought it was a shoulder barge and another camera angle shows a raised elbow that he didn’t see?

my point remains that we should challenge the double standards, it’s just a shame that the particular case we are challenging in is a red card. I would have spent much more effort on the Candeias red earlier in the season which was outrageous. 

I also still maintain that it’s critical to know if Simunovic, or whatever his name is, was cited because the basis of this institutional bias is the CO and how she determines who gets cited and who doesn’t. 

21 minutes ago, backup said:

"but that sending off offence was not seen by any of the match officials at the time that it was committed"

Clancy saw a yellow card offence, the co referred it to the panel, she must be asked by our board why suminovic was also not referred.

Suminovic was referred to the panel. They were not unanimous in their opinion that he committed an offence, hence case dropped.

15 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

I appreciate that might be your opinion. The vast majority agree it’s a red card offence. 

Regarding what the ref saw, we don’t know what he saw because he doesn’t and can’t  tell us. He was positioned directly behind Brown so maybe he thought it was a shoulder barge and another camera angle shows a raised elbow that he didn’t see?

my point remains that we should challenge the double standards, it’s just a shame that the particular case we are challenging in is a red card. I would have spent much more effort on the Candeias red earlier in the season which was outrageous. 

I also still maintain that it’s critical to know if Simunovic, or whatever his name is, was cited because the basis of this institutional bias is the CO and how she determines who gets cited and who doesn’t. 

The ref will put in his report what he saw to warrant the caution. Its standard practice to take the referees decision as final when he has cautioned a player. If they are going to upgrade red cards then players should be allowed to challenge them.

It doesn't matter what ,'people on here' think, what matters is the integrity of the game and its become a joke in Scotland. If this is the incident the club take a stand on then so be it, it should have happened long before this.

12 minutes ago, backup said:

The way I understand proceedings is that the CO finds and refers possible infractions to a three man panel. If they give unanimous agreement that a Notice of Complaint should be issued then she goes ahead and does so. I don't know how she decides what should be fast-tracked.
It would appear in Sumonivich's case the three-man panel were not unanimous in their verdict hence no Notice of Complaint was issued against him.
I would be interested in who these three-man panels are and would like to see their arguments and reasonings published.

36 minutes ago, 72barca said:

The way I understand proceedings is that the CO finds and refers possible infractions to a three man panel. If they give unanimous agreement that a Notice of Complaint should be issued then she goes ahead and does so. I don't know how she decides what should be fast-tracked.
It would appear in Sumonivich's case the three-man panel were not unanimous in their verdict hence no Notice of Complaint was issued against him.
I would be interested in who these three-man panels are and would like to see their arguments and reasonings published.

He would still need to be cited to be cleared.

1 hour ago, Blumhoilann said:

BTW,Flanagan did NOT use his elbow,if anything it was the side/underside of his forearm.

I agree. Also Broon played for it hoping for a penalty then went down as if he was shot. There was no real force either. My 4 year old lassie could have hurt him more. Never merited a red card and should not have got this far.

Remember the days when the bheasts wanted clarification on everything about referees in Scotland ....

Well strangely enough, having 3 old refs who's identity isn't revealed sitting on panel making vital decisions  , doesn't seem to bother them these days .

They know they have it wrapped up . The moaning after the Old firm games were an absolute curve ball

1 hour ago, backup said:

He would still need to be cited to be cleared.

Nah, im sure the "citing" is when the 3 man panel agree that a red card is missed, then the compliance officer issues the retrospective ban

The issue Rangers should have is her inability to refer other incidents to the panel, but seemingly in this case she did