Rangers statement r.e. Flanagan Citation

grant_rfc

43 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Justice done. Now an explanation needs to be given on why Flanagan was citied in the first place and why Simunovic wasn’t banned. This can’t just be brushed away because of the outcome. An explanation on the whole process needs to be given. 

Yep, keep the pressure on them. Eventually they will stop citing us like their smelly mates over in  the east end.

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Nonsense process has come to the correct decision in the end. Both him and Simunovic deserving of a yellow and that's the way it's ended. Shame about the guff in between.

You don't think it was a red? Why?

52 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Haha. Just shows how bad the refereeing and panel are in Scotland.

Take the blinders off and be honest. It's a red card.

Delighted with the result but. 

It's not a red though, he didn't swing anything. I also hate how everyone is calling it an elbow. Was a forearm.

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Spot on 

If we just fought it a little harder

Maybe we would even get rid of the Comp officer

While we are on a roll😊

That wreck definitely has to go. Should never have been allowed to take it this far. She's completely incompetent in her role. 

14 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Nope. Fend off forearm, not much force, Lego made it look worse than it was with some dramatics.

16 minutes ago, chris182 said:

It's not a red though, he didn't swing anything. I also hate how everyone is calling it an elbow. Was a forearm.

Fair points. If it was against a Rangers player would you say the same? Not a pisstake,, genuinely asking.

"a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct."

For me that statement makes it a red. Regardless of elbow or arm.

Like i said, glad we beat still

9 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Fair points. If it was against a Rangers player would you say the same? Not a pisstake,, genuinely asking.

"a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct."

I don't think it was a 'deliberate' strike to the head. Players use arms to jostle for position at the corner, Brown came running over and Flannigan pushed him away. I don't think it was red, Ref got it spot on, was yellow and would have been penalty if ball was in play.

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Also don't think it's the face. Also, one pic shows quite well that Lego is crouched slightly, making it seem higher than it was. If there was contact with the face, it wasn't intentional and wasn't reckless as to whether contact would be made with the face. And force was very little. He was clearly trying to fend the chest, as most do at corners.

I'd make the case for a tim too. Have with Simunovic, against the general opinion.