Transfers explanation..of a sort.

backup

2 hours ago, TMB said:

If we want creativity up top can we not go after Nick Powell.  He’s out of contract.

I can't disagree vehemently enough. He hasn't the character required to be a Rangers player. Only ever done moderately ok at diddy clubs.

Had his chance at a big club and blew it with his attitude. He's found his level and its nowhere near where we need to be.

There were a few on here who thought Allen picked our signings and forced them on SG. Not sure why anyone would think that. The thought of Gerrard running a team chosen by someone else is bizzare.

I am glad the process has been clarified though. Helps put some of the wilder accusations to rest.

10 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If you go on RTV you can see his whole interview in full where he talks about how they decide on what players to approach. 

Kind of blows out the water the folk that got their knickers in a twist about a DoF buying players with the manager not knowing anything about it. 

Nah mate. Backup knows otherwise. Retract your post now.😋

6 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Just the usual from him, with the snidey thread title. 

When Mark Allen makes it blatantly clear how they work together. 

His snidey agenda driven drivel is very tiresome. Can only assume he gets a kick out of vexng people. 

Feel sad for him really. Such an empty life. 

I must have missed the bit where MA said the final decision on any signings is SG’s, only I didn’t, of course one of the ubers will be back to say that is what he meant without saying it...carry on 🤔

9 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Just the usual from him, with the snidey thread title. 

When Mark Allen makes it blatantly clear how they work together. 

Its not snide... MA makes the decisions irrespective as to what his public demeanour says

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Prove it or geez peace. This whole debate is beyond tiresome now.

prove what, that a director of football has the final say on who is signed :thinking:

nah, thinking about it, you are correct, he makes no decisions and lets every other cunt do what they want

state of this fucking place

2 minutes ago, thehost said:

prove what, that a director of football has the final say on who is signed :thinking:

nah, thinking about it, you are correct, he makes no decisions and lets every other cunt do what they want

state of this fucking place

did you know SG wanted Kent and he got Hastie....🤫..

1 minute ago, backup said:

did you know SG wanted Kent and he got Hastie....🤫..

don't forget jones

we must be the only football forum where folk want to argue that a manager, who reports directly into a DOF, has the final say...…

4 minutes ago, thehost said:

don't forget jones

we must be the only football forum where folk want to argue that a manager, who reports directly into a DOF, has the final say...…

I cited Jones further up, the rest will keep for another day and thread.

I have noticed the ubers still haven't found where SG is the final arbiter.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So your claiming the DoF has just lied to everyone in a club lead interview and Stevie isn’t saying anything. 

😂😂 ok then. 

I'm telling you that where there is a hierarchical structure the person at the top has the ultimate decision.

RFC is no different in that regard.

If you want to believe any different then feel free but the DOF has the final say and SG reports directly into the DOF.

Just now, thehost said:

I'm telling you that where there is a hierarchical structure the person at the top has the ultimate decision.

RFC is no different in that regard.

If you want to believe any different then feel free but the DOF has the final say and SG reports directly into the DOF.

So he lied according to you 👍👍

He signs the players and Stevie and his staff have no say. 😂😂 and you actually believe this shite your pedalling. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So he lied according to you 👍👍

He signs the players and Stevie and his staff have no say. 😂😂 and you actually believe this shite your pedalling. 

You appear to have some form of comprehension difficulty. What you have typed bears no relationship to what I have said. Are you on pcp?

It’s clear though the DoF makes transfer decisions.

We signed McGregor and Arfield before Gerrard was here.

But obviously Kent would’ve been Gerard’s idea.

Dunno who’ll claim Sadiq though.

It really doesn’t matter who makes the final decision as long as Gerrard and Allen have a good working relationship.

18 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So your claiming the DoF has just lied to everyone in a club lead interview and Stevie isn’t saying anything. 

😂😂 ok then. 

How do you even respond to that? There’s absolutely no point in wasting any energy on conspiracy loons like him. Crazy.