Left back

stewaj3

A must signing for me next season.

I'd sell Barisic for whatever we can get, (I'd swap him for a twix, packet of skips and a can or irn bru.)

Wallace - is off, legend but performances haven't been up to the level required for a long time.

Halliday - squad player at best, as the seasons gone on, I think he's probably behind Flanagan as back up lb imo.

Who would you sign? Ive had a look and couldn't find many who we might sign..

From who I know, I'd pick Greg Taylor. My one concern is Killie play such a rigid formation and we play much more fluidly - would he fit in. I feel if he can maintain his performances he'd be better than what we haveĀ 

Max Lowe is an option, I like him, but I'm not sure if he's better than what we have.

Olsson has just been released by Swansea, but is getting on a bit.

Erik Durm at Huddersfield has a decent pedigree and is a German international and again is out of contract.

Alberto Moreno out of contract at Liverpool, surely paid too much to be an option.

Reece James at Sunderland is a decent left back but has had injury problems.

I feel it's a position we badly need to improve and other than Lowe, we've not really been linked to signing anyone. Hopefully it's on our radar and our scouting network can pick out better names than the names above šŸ˜‚

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LB, CM, RW on top of what we already have.Ā 

Then replacements for Kent, Morelos, Tavernier if they aren't here next season.

It might end up being a tough summer. If these key players go we're going to have to make some great signings and the players we've already made moves on are not filling me with confidence at all.Ā 

We were linked with the Liverpool youth captain who is a LB. Ā Apparently heā€™s very highly rated and can get up and down the pitch.

Greg Taylor looks okay defensively I wouldnā€™t mind him either.

The young LB from Liverpool is Adam Lewis. Ā We enquiredĀ about him before he signed his new contract with Liverpool. Ā Gerrardā€™s on record saying heā€™s a big fan. Ā Always a chance of getting him on loan.

24 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Real problem area as I don't trust any of the three over a season as first choice.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Good point

Flanagan, started ok, fell apart, bombed completely from the squad, decent since coming back in. Love that he's no nonsense.

Barisic, looked world class against us, bar a couple of decent crosses hasn't done anything for us.

Halliday probably the most consistent. Concerned that when he played DM for us he looked decent for a while then looked completely lost.... Is he doing the same thing but just in another position?

Ā 

Greg Taylor is the best option forĀ me, with Martin Olsson as somebody else whoā€™s maybe worth looking at.

Taylor would be the perfect counterbalance to Tav as heā€™s a bit more defensively minded. Heā€™s also aĀ bearĀ too and is young enough to improve further.

We need to start trying to buy as many of our playersĀ as we can. Loans are fine to an extent but as we are seeing with Kent if they do well itā€™s incredibly difficult to get them permanently.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

The young LB from Liverpool is Adam Lewis. Ā We enquiredĀ about him before he signed his new contract with Liverpool. Ā Gerrardā€™s on record saying heā€™s a big fan. Ā Always a chance of getting him on loan.

Never heard of him, but not adverse to a loan deal.Ā 

33 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

RB is a worry as well should Tav leave --- saw today how much he's missed going forward - creates so much + where's the yank?

Spot on saidĀ  Tav was the biggest miss today - can't believe the shit he gets

Just now, King Jela said:

It is. Even more depressing is that people are actually happy with our squad right now to go for a title challenge. Madness.Ā 

If no one was leaving then I could see the positive. But we are losing Mo, Kent probably our 2 best players this season. If Tav goes we lose his forward play and assists.Ā 

Honestly mate, this summer is on a knife edge and it could go either way. We should be in a position of just tweaking that starting 11 not looking for probably 6 or 7 brand new starting 11 players.Ā 

10 minutes ago, King Jela said:

It is. Even more depressing is that people are actually happy with our squad right now to go for a title challenge. Madness.Ā 

I havenā€™t heard anybody saying that tbh.Ā Everybody to a man or woman that Iā€™ve seen posting on hereĀ has said we need to add more quality.