Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rangers_no1

***** Official Q1/Q2 Europa League Draw*****

Recommended Posts


1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Loads of famous names in there. 😂

The mighty Cliftonville could await if they advance from the preliminary round!

Q2 could see us potentially draw a more glamorous tie against Roma/Milan, Wolves, Frankfurt, Espanyol or Spartak/CSKA Moscow should we be unseeded. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The mighty Cliftonville could await if they advance from the preliminary round!

Q2 could see us potentially draw a more glamorous tie against Roma/Milan, Wolves, Frankfurt, Espanyol or Spartak/CSKA Moscow should we be unseeded. 🤔

Would take Spartak again, should have beat them both ties this season.

surfsup2 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shamrock rovers for me. 

Piss poor that our coefficient is lower than the fucking sheep. Remember when we used to have 2 teams in the Champions League? 

Further proof that it was us who gave Scotland a decent seeding. 

Anyone know what the situation is with coefficient points? I know it's an average taken over the last 5 seasons. Further than that, I don't know much else. Bar the obvious of winning games, what do we need to achieve over the next season to at least get our seeding above the bloody sheep? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Shamrock rovers for me. 

Piss poor that our coefficient is lower than the fucking sheep. Remember when we used to have 2 teams in the Champions League? 

Further proof that it was us who gave Scotland a decent seeding. 

Anyone know what the situation is with coefficient points? I know it's an average taken over the last 5 seasons. Further than that, I don't know much else. Bar the obvious of winning games, what do we need to achieve over the next season to at least get our seeding above the bloody sheep? 

It’s cumulative over the 5 seasons. We have 5.25 based on getting 5 points last year and 0.25 for our participation in Q1 the year before. Aberdeen have picked up a point every season, except last season where they picked up 1.5. So they are on 5.5 points.

Last season was the first year UEFA had slightly different coefficient rules. You now get more points based on which round of qualifying you get to. So Aberdeen got 1.5 for getting to Q2, the year before they’d have only gotten 0.5 for that.

A similar result for us this year would see us jump up 100 places - where teams like Alkmaar and Rosenberg currently sit. Simply matching Aberdeen’s performance would see us leapfrog them.

Here’s how you get points: https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/calc.html

Here’s next season’s rankings: https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method5/trank2019.html

Redwhiteandblue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great shout with this thread. Love keeping an eye on Bert Kassies' site, he's been doing it for years!

Never ceases to amaze me how shite the national coefficient has become since we got demoted. You'll never hear that being discussed on the partizan BBC Scotland. A direct result of prioritisng hatred over the national game.

Anyway, hope we can make the bump up to Seeded status for Q2, should we get there which we probably should.

 

LiverpoolBlue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2019.html

 

Seedings updated. We need a few results in leagues/cups to go our way or we'll be unseeded in Rd2 in again 

For some reason they've not added Steaua Bucharest into Q1 and Q2 or updated the coefficient for Slovenia sides. Maribor are in the CL qualifiers so the 18.500 should be removed. 

On the website it shows 8 seeded places left, we know for certain 5 sides have a higher coefficient than us. So that leaves 3 spots available for us to be seeds. 

EL13 * Sco 4.425 - 5.500

CW Rom 4.000 - 12.500 

EL2 * Isr 3.725 - 12.000

EL-Q1 * 3.500 - 27.000

Those are the four that impact this. Aberdeen are likely to take a spot, Beer Sheva as well. So that leaves a single spot remaining. Ludogorets should be in UCL which removes the 27.000. It's likely it will come down to the Romania cup. We require Astra to lose, their opponents finished above them this season and in last two meetings beat them 3-0 and 1-4.

eskbankloyal likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

For some reason they've not added Steaua Bucharest into Q1 and Q2 or updated the coefficient for Slovenia sides. Maribor are in the CL qualifiers so the 18.500 should be removed. 

On the website it shows 8 seeded places left, we know for certain 5 sides have a higher coefficient than us. So that leaves 3 spots available for us to be seeds. 

EL13 * Sco 4.425 - 5.500

CW Rom 4.000 - 12.500 

EL2 * Isr 3.725 - 12.000

EL-Q1 * 3.500 - 27.000

Those are the four that impact this. Aberdeen are likely to take a spot, Beer Sheva as well. So that leaves a single spot remaining. Ludogorets should be in UCL which removes the 27.000. It's likely it will come down to the Romania cup. We require Astra to lose, their opponents finished above them this season and in last two meetings beat them 3-0 and 1-4.

Yeah it's going to be touch & go. Hearts winning the cup would be nice for two reasons now 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

We’re on our way, we’re on our way, oh to Gdańsk we’re on our way................

Killiev fans were singing our song yest with the words changed to Europe 🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...