Rangers_no1

***** Official Q1/Q2 Europa League Draw*****

18 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Connah's Quay Nomads would be good, always fancied a trip to North Wales.

Great for me 10 minutes down the road馃槂馃槂

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

As do I! Means I can see Rangers in my home country again!

Exactly. I imagine you will have many Rangers fans stay in your house. Do you have a local team you are fan of?

44 minutes ago, denya said:

Exactly. I imagine you will have many Rangers fans stay in your house. Do you have a local team you are fan of?

I am originally from a place called Fuglafjordur (Fuglafj酶r冒ur).. my local team would be IF Fuglafjordur. I stay in Torshavn, however. I would certainly open my doors聽for the Rangers fans 馃槈

Bobby Hume likes this

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

I am originally from a place called Fuglafjordur (Fuglafj酶r冒ur).. my local team would be IF Fuglafjordur. I stay in Torshavn, however. I would certainly open my doors聽for the Rangers fans 馃槈

What鈥檚 your story mate, how you a Rangers fan from the Faroes?

Do we have to go through Q1 this time? Thought we started a round later for finishing 2nd. Apologies if that is a monumentally stupid question.

1 minute ago, djwyc14 said:

Do we have to go through Q1 this time? Thought we started a round later for finishing 2nd. Apologies if that is a monumentally stupid question.

Last year Aberdeen got a bye as the Tarriers won the cup but we start from the first round either way.

6 minutes ago, djwyc14 said:

So theres no benefit in finishing 2nd聽over 3rd in terms of European progression?

Not really it would seem, plus when the new UEFA third club competition (UEL2) is set up in the not to distant future - all of Scotland's qualified teams will be lumped into that third tier competition indefinitely, no doubt requiring QF rounds as well.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/newsid=2585829.html

It's like a prototype European league in the making.

47 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I first saw Rangers play in the Faroes, actually. My uncle was in central defence that day for GI Gota聽:lol:

I moved to Glasgow to study in 2002 and lived there for about 12 years.聽馃檪

Janus Rasmussen or聽Agnar H酶jgaard?聽:pipe:

1 hour ago, djwyc14 said:

So theres no benefit in finishing 2nd聽over 3rd in terms of European progression?

This season all 3 Scottish teams start in Q1 because Scotland are down to 26th in the rankings. Due to this season's performance, Scotland are again up to 20th, meaning next season 1 club gets a bye to Q2 again. That will be the cup winners, or if the cup winners are already in the CL then it goes to 2nd in the league.

Rangers_no1 likes this

46 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Janus Rasmussen or聽Agnar H酶jgaard?聽:pipe:

Sorry, was at Ibrox - j贸an petur 馃槈聽.. he seems to be listed as a midfielder but he was a central defender.聽

Bronzy likes this

9 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Sorry, was at Ibrox - j贸an petur 馃槈聽.. he seems to be listed as a midfielder but he was a central defender.聽

Played against Raith Rovers as well I see!