Sign in to follow this  
Rangers_no1

***** Official Q1/Q2 Europa League Draw*****

10 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Christ the third qualifier will be a tough one if we get there.

Need to hope for a good draw like last year. A Malmo or Steaua would be idea, winnable tie that most likely would result in being seeds in the playoff round. 

So much can change by Q3 though.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Need to hope for a good draw like last year. A Malmo or Steaua would be idea, winnable tie that most likely would result in being seeds in the playoff round. 

Some much can change by Q3 though.

IRRC we were a bawhair away from drawing Atalanta before Ufa in the playoff last year.

Aberdeen and Rangers receive Europa League boost with seeding confirmation

Derek McInnes and Steven Gerrard’s sides would avoid the likes of Wolves in the second qualifying round.

The sheep were left sweating on the result at Hampden after Kilmarnockpipped them to third place in the Premiership.

But now Derek McInnes’ side, along with Rangers and Killie, will enter the first qualifying round of the Europa League.

And all three Scottish clubs will be seeded at this stage.

But results around Europe mean Rangers received a further boost ahead of UEFA’s second tier competition.

The Ibrox club and their North-East rivals will also be seeded in the second qualifying round, meaning they will avoid a number of dangerous opponents should they progress from the opening round.

Although Killie are unseeded at this stage, Aberdeen and Rangers should have an easer path to QR3 after they avoided the likes of Premier League side Wolves, Israeli threat Hapeol Beer-Sheva and Dutch outfit Alkmaar.

The Pittodrie club have a co-efficient of 5.500 while Gerrard’s side are on 5.250 after reaching the group stage in the season just ended.

The Scottish duo, however, could meet the likes of Wolves, Feyenoord and Espanyol in the third qualifying round as they are unseeded at this stage.

The first qualifying round for the Europa League begins on July 12, with the return leg seven days later.

Updated the list of potential opponents, which can be seen below. Nothing to be scared off although a few long trips we would prefer to avoid!

Qualifying 1 potential opponents

Levadia Tallinn(Estonia)¬†Universitatea Craiova(Romania)¬†DAC Dunajska Streda(Slovakia)¬†MFK Ruzomberok(Slovakia)¬†B36 Torshavn(Faroes)¬†Chikhura Sachkhere(Georgia)¬†Mura Murska Sobota(Slovenia)¬†DVSC Debrecen(Hungary)¬†Torpedo Kutaisi(Georgia)¬†Milsami Orhei(Moldova)¬†Honv√©d Budapest(Hungary)¬†Flora Tallinn(Estonia)¬†FK Liepaja(Latvia)¬†Hibernians FC(Malta)¬†KR Reykjavik(Iceland)¬†Balzan FC(Malta)¬†Shamrock Rovers(Ireland)¬†Siroki Brijeg(Bosnia)¬†Connah's Quay(Wales)¬†Banants Yerevan(Aremina)¬†St. Patrick's Athletic(Ireland)¬†Akademija Pandev(Macedonia)¬†Petrocub H√ģncesti(Moldova)¬†Speran»õa Nisporeni(Moldova)¬†Inter Turku(Finland)¬†RoPS Rovaniemi(Finland)¬†KuPS Kuopio(Finland)¬†Breidablik(Iceland)¬†Stumbras Kaunas(Lithuania)¬†RFS Riga(Latvia)¬†Lori Vanadzor(Armenia)¬†Gzira United(Malta)¬†Trans Narva(Estonia)¬†Zeta Golubovci(Montenegro)

7 of the following 14 sides from P1(two to be confirmed tonight) will also be potential opponents La Fiorita(San Marino) Cliftonville(N.I) Europa FC(Gilbraltar) NSI Runavik(F.I) KI Klaksvik(F.I) FC Prishtina(Kosovo) Sant Julià(Andorra) Jeunesse Esch(Lux) Tre Fiori(San Marino) Barry Town(Wales) Cardiff MU(Wales) Ballymena United(N.I) 

Qualifying 2 potential opponents

As the draw takes place on the same day as Q1 theoretically at the moment we can draw all sides from P1, all unseeded sides from Q1 and the following;

Zrinjski Mostar(Bosnia) Kairat Almaty(Kaz) AEL Limassol(Cyprus) Alashkert FC(Armenia) Radnicki Nis(Serbia) Cukaricki Belgrade(Serbia) Shakhtior Saligorsk(Belarus) FC Vitebsk(Belarus) NK Domzale(Slovenia) Crusaders Belfast(N.I) FK Ventspils(Latvia) Stjarnan FC(Iceland) IFK Norrköping(Sweden) FK Haugesund(Norway) SK Brann Bergen(Norway) Viitorul Constanta(Romania) FC Vaduz(Lie) CS Fola Esch(Lux) Tobol Kustanai(Kaz) Ordabasy Shymkent(Kaz) Cracovia Kraków(Poland) Lechia Gdansk(Poland) Neftchi Baku(Aze) Sabail FK(Aze) Olimpija Ljubljana(Slovenia) Cork City(Ireland) Dinamo Tbilisi(Georgia) Maccabi Haifa(Israel) CSKA Sofia(Bulgaria) Zeljeznicar Sarajevo(Bosnia) Lokomotiv Plovdiv(Bulgaria) FK Trakai(Lithuania)

32 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Updated the list of potential opponents, which can be seen below. Nothing to be scared off although a few long trips we would prefer to avoid!

Hide contents

Qualifying 1 potential opponents

Levadia Tallinn(Estonia)¬†Universitatea Craiova(Romania)¬†DAC Dunajska Streda(Slovakia)¬†MFK Ruzomberok(Slovakia)¬†B36 Torshavn(Faroes)¬†Chikhura Sachkhere(Georgia)¬†Mura Murska Sobota(Slovenia)¬†DVSC Debrecen(Hungary)¬†Torpedo Kutaisi(Georgia)¬†Milsami Orhei(Moldova)¬†Honv√©d Budapest(Hungary)¬†Flora Tallinn(Estonia)¬†FK Liepaja(Latvia)¬†Hibernians FC(Malta)¬†KR Reykjavik(Iceland)¬†Balzan FC(Malta)¬†Shamrock Rovers(Ireland)¬†Siroki Brijeg(Bosnia)¬†Connah's Quay(Wales)¬†Banants Yerevan(Aremina)¬†St. Patrick's Athletic(Ireland)¬†Akademija Pandev(Macedonia)¬†Petrocub H√ģncesti(Moldova)¬†Speran»õa Nisporeni(Moldova)¬†Inter Turku(Finland)¬†RoPS Rovaniemi(Finland)¬†KuPS Kuopio(Finland)¬†Breidablik(Iceland)¬†Stumbras Kaunas(Lithuania)¬†RFS Riga(Latvia)¬†Lori Vanadzor(Armenia)¬†Gzira United(Malta)¬†Trans Narva(Estonia)¬†Zeta Golubovci(Montenegro)

7 of the following 14 sides from P1(two to be confirmed tonight) will also be potential opponents La Fiorita(San Marino) Cliftonville(N.I) Europa FC(Gilbraltar) NSI Runavik(F.I) KI Klaksvik(F.I) FC Prishtina(Kosovo) Sant Julià(Andorra) Jeunesse Esch(Lux) Tre Fiori(San Marino) Barry Town(Wales) Cardiff MU(Wales) Ballymena United(N.I) 

Qualifying 2 potential opponents

Hide contents

As the draw takes place on the same day as Q1 theoretically at the moment we can draw all sides from P1, all unseeded sides from Q1 and the following;

Zrinjski Mostar(Bosnia) Kairat Almaty(Kaz) AEL Limassol(Cyprus) Alashkert FC(Armenia) Radnicki Nis(Serbia) Cukaricki Belgrade(Serbia) Shakhtior Saligorsk(Belarus) FC Vitebsk(Belarus) NK Domzale(Slovenia) Crusaders Belfast(N.I) FK Ventspils(Latvia) Stjarnan FC(Iceland) IFK Norrköping(Sweden) FK Haugesund(Norway) SK Brann Bergen(Norway) Viitorul Constanta(Romania) FC Vaduz(Lie) CS Fola Esch(Lux) Tobol Kustanai(Kaz) Ordabasy Shymkent(Kaz) Cracovia Kraków(Poland) Lechia Gdansk(Poland) Neftchi Baku(Aze) Sabail FK(Aze) Olimpija Ljubljana(Slovenia) Cork City(Ireland) Dinamo Tbilisi(Georgia) Maccabi Haifa(Israel) CSKA Sofia(Bulgaria) Zeljeznicar Sarajevo(Bosnia) Lokomotiv Plovdiv(Bulgaria) FK Trakai(Lithuania)

Some.tricky ties that you'd want to avoid but q3 should be a minimum this season  

CoatbridgeBear likes this

5 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Some.tricky ties that you'd want to avoid but q3 should be a minimum this season  

We seeded the 3rd and 4th or do we no find out til later? If so ad expect to get to the groups again, a think we need to for the finances alone again.

4 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

We seeded the 3rd and 4th or do we no find out til later? If so ad expect to get to the groups again, a think we need to for the finances alone again.

Will be unseeded in Q3.

All depends on who we draw in Q3 if we're seeded in the final round.

Rfc52 likes this

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Will be unseeded in Q3.

Aye if we draw a seeded team and beat them we take their seed, like the Maribor game.

15 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Will be unseeded in Q3.

What happens if higher seeded teams get knocked out in Q1&2.I think we just managed to get a seeding so do we have the possibility to move up the rankings. 

8 hours ago, LV said:

What happens if higher seeded teams get knocked out in Q1&2.I think we just managed to get a seeding so do we have the possibility to move up the rankings. 

No because the sides knocking them out in Q2 take their coefficient points.

Terry Hurlock Loyal and LV like this

If a team that would be seeded Q3 (e.g. Legia Warsaw, Malmo, Stauea Bucharest) get knocked out Q1 then other teams that would be unseeded Q3 get moved up. Since we're the lowest ranked seeded team for Q2 that definitely won't be us. If they get knocked out Q2 then the team that beats them takes their seeding, regardless of their own ranking.

Our best chance is to draw one of the above 3 teams in Q3, where we will definitely be unseeded (provided they make it that far) and take their seeding for Q4.

As said above its not us simply because its impossible to be seeded even if every seed above us in Q1 was to be knocked out.

26 seeded teams in Q3.

13 clubs start in Q3 with a higher coefficient. 22 sides with a higher coefficient start in Q2. 

For us to be seeded in Q4 we need to draw a side with a high coefficient. What we don't want is to draw a high seeded team in Q3 and they go out in Q2 as we won't get their coefficient points as a result. 

Can concentrate on that stage later when the permutations are clearer. 

I'll happily take in part in the 1st Qualifying round again as we should (Hopefully) get an easy opponent and would allow the squad a couple of games to Gel and get the match fitness up.

4 hours ago, munrocraig said:

I'll happily take in part in the 1st Qualifying round again as we should (Hopefully) get an easy opponent and would allow the squad a couple of games to Gel and get the match fitness up.

wit