Sign in to follow this  
Rangers_no1

***** Official Q1/Q2 Europa League Draw*****

7 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Should we make Q3, atm Partizan Belgrade would be the ideal draw.

No chance, dangerous side. Legia Warsaw would be the best draw for Q3, then Malmo, Stauea Bucharest and Sparta Prague in that order.

2 hours ago, Klos' Glove said:

No chance, dangerous side. Legia Warsaw would be the best draw for Q3, then Malmo, Stauea Bucharest and Sparta Prague in that order.

I meant to post Sparta Prague.That being said Partizan would be better draw than Malmo.

Malmo knocked out Besitkas and gave chelsea a game for a game and a half this season. Besitkas knocked Partizan out this season btw and Malmo beat them home and away.

All beatable but Malmo most dangerous from all 5. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I meant to post Sparta Prague.That being said Partizan would be better draw than Malmo.

Malmo knocked out Besitkas and gave chelsea a game for a game and a half this season. Besitkas knocked Partizan out this season btw and Malmo beat them home and away.

All beatable but Malmo most dangerous from all 5. 

You're probably right - was it Malmo who had that wonderkid striker, and do they still have him. Definitely I'd take Legia first pick, but these are the 5 most bearable of the teams that would make us seeded for Q4.

Rangers_no1 likes this

5 minutes ago, Klos' Glove said:

You're probably right - was it Malmo who had that wonderkid striker, and do they still have him. Definitely I'd take Legia first pick, but these are the 5 most bearable of the teams that would make us seeded for Q4.

Pretty sure Rosenborg is still their best striker and he's like 35 now.

Rangers would benefit in the Europa League from celtic lifting the Scottish Cup at the end of this month.

Gers have already secured their place in the competition after taking second spot from Aberdeen.

Steven Gerrard's side would play their first qualifying match on July 11 as things stand.

However, should rivals celtic beat Heart on Saturday at Hampden, the Ibrox club would then go in at the second qualifying round.

Fourth spot would take the additional Euro place, leaving Gers as the highest ranked Scottish side entering the competition.

This would leave Gerrard's side an extra two weeks to prepare with their first match then taking place on July 25.

Rangers are currently ranked 206th in Uefa's coefficient rankings with a points tally of 5.25 after picking up 5.00 this season.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4241651/Rangers-could-benefit-in-europa-league-from-celtic-lifting-scottish-cup-and-securing-treble-treble/

According to the sun we will be going in at the second qualifying round like Aberdeen done last year. Can anyone confirm if this is true or false?

8 minutes ago, McK55 said:

Rangers would benefit in the Europa League from celtic lifting the Scottish Cup at the end of this month.

Gers have already secured their place in the competition after taking second spot from Aberdeen.

Steven Gerrard's side would play their first qualifying match on July 11 as things stand.

However, should rivals celtic beat Heart on Saturday at Hampden, the Ibrox club would then go in at the second qualifying round.

Fourth spot would take the additional Euro place, leaving Gers as the highest ranked Scottish side entering the competition.

This would leave Gerrard's side an extra two weeks to prepare with their first match then taking place on July 25.

Rangers are currently ranked 206th in Uefa's coefficient rankings with a points tally of 5.25 after picking up 5.00 this season.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4241651/Rangers-could-benefit-in-europa-league-from-celtic-lifting-scottish-cup-and-securing-treble-treble/

According to the sun we will be going in at the second qualifying round like Aberdeen done last year. Can anyone confirm if this is true or false?

Its false

Let me explain how this works.

Our seeding is based on our performance over the last 5 years, including the season immediately past. Since we were not in Europe 3 of those years we have 0 for those, 0.25 for 2017-18 (1st round exit), and 5 last season (win and 3 draws in group stage).

What round we enter at is based on where Scottish teams as a whole ranked performance wise in the 5 seasons up to the season before last. Last season doesn't count as it needs to be clear at the beginning of a season how many teams from each country start in which round. Season before last Scotland were ranked 20th based on the 5 seasons up to 16-17, which meant 1 team in Q2 and 2 teams in Q1. Hence last season the sheep got straight into Q2. However last season Scotland's rank was down to 26th based on the 5 seasons to 17-18, hence all 3 teams start Q1.

This season Scotland are back up to 20th, meaning next season there will again be 1 team starting in Q2. As always this will be the cup winners, or, if they already qualify for the CL it goes to 2nd in the league. So odds are next season the tims start in EL Q2. We would still be in Q1 for the CL next season as Scotland's ranking needs to get to 17 for the CL team to get into Q2, and needs to get to 15 to get 2 teams in the CL.

Hope that helps everyone with questions. Those who think it's a big Europe wide taig conspiracy sound as taigy as the taigs complaining that they keep starting in CLQ1 last few seasons, which has been for exactly the same reasons.

Brubear likes this

For what it's worth, UEFA changing the team coefficient system last season benefits us. A Q1 exit is now worth 1 point, Q2 is 1.5, Q3 is 2 and Q4 is 2.5. Group stage you get 2 for a win and 1 for a draw as always, and get a minimum of 3 for participating.

So given we have no points to defend next 3 seasons, and only 0.25 to defend the 22-23 season, our coefficient in Europe is guaranteed to keep rising until summer 2023 provided we qualify for even Q1 every year.

TheCutch and bigblueyonder like this

3 hours ago, Klos' Glove said:

Let me explain how this works.

Our seeding is based on our performance over the last 5 years, including the season immediately past. Since we were not in Europe 3 of those years we have 0 for those, 0.25 for 2017-18 (1st round exit), and 5 last season (win and 3 draws in group stage).

What round we enter at is based on where Scottish teams as a whole ranked performance wise in the 5 seasons up to the season before last. Last season doesn't count as it needs to be clear at the beginning of a season how many teams from each country start in which round. Season before last Scotland were ranked 20th based on the 5 seasons up to 16-17, which meant 1 team in Q2 and 2 teams in Q1. Hence last season the sheep got straight into Q2. However last season Scotland's rank was down to 26th based on the 5 seasons to 17-18, hence all 3 teams start Q1.

This season Scotland are back up to 20th, meaning next season there will again be 1 team starting in Q2. As always this will be the cup winners, or, if they already qualify for the CL it goes to 2nd in the league. So odds are next season the tims start in EL Q2. We would still be in Q1 for the CL next season as Scotland's ranking needs to get to 17 for the CL team to get into Q2, and needs to get to 15 to get 2 teams in the CL.

Hope that helps everyone with questions. Those who think it's a big Europe wide taig conspiracy sound as taigy as the taigs complaining that they keep starting in CLQ1 last few seasons, which has been for exactly the same reasons.

Thanks for clarifying. Just to confirm not once did I complain. I seen an article that said different to what has been said here and asked a question. I didn't realise that asking questions was now considered as being a taig

15 minutes ago, McK55 said:

Thanks for clarifying. Just to confirm not once did I complain. I seen an article that said different to what has been said here and asked a question. I didn't realise that asking questions was now considered as being a taig

I know you didn't, I wasn't referring to you  sorry if that wasn't clear mate.

McK55 likes this

12 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Pretty sure Rosenborg is still their best striker and he's like 35 now.

It was Erling Haland I was thinking of - he was at Molde last season, not Malmo - they sold him to Salzburg.

Just seen he scored 9 goals tonight at the U20 world cup - pretty impressive!

Preliminary draw was today.

Progrès (LUX) v Cardiff MU (WAL)
La Fiorita (SMR) v Engordany (AND)
Sant Julià (AND) v Europa (GIB)
Ballymena (NIR) v NS√ć (FRO)
Prishtina (KOS) v St Joseph's (GIB)
Tre Fiori (SMR) v K√ć Klaksv√≠k (FRO)
Barry Town (WAL) v Cliftonville (NIR)

Wouldn't mind drawing Barry Town/Cliftonville in Q1, an easy tie and a short journey!

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Potentially less than a week to sort travel etc if we get a preliminary qualifying team with the first leg away

Boo bloody hoo

Greetin-faced wanker