Jamie Murphy

Del

29 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The boy is maturing all the time.

He certainly set the heather on fire with his loan club and will have done him no end of good.

We can build on that and give him the opportunity.

With the EL qualifiers and if we make it to the group stage, then we will need every player available to rotate that squad or we will fuck up in the league with players dying on their feet and mentally with the number of games we need to play.

You're an absolute fucking mongo no offence

33 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The boy is maturing all the time.

He certainly set the heather on fire with his loan club and will have done him no end of good.

We can build on that and give him the opportunity.

With the EL qualifiers and if we make it to the group stage, then we will need every player available to rotate that squad or we will fuck up in the league with players dying on their feet and mentally with the number of games we need to play.

What gear are you on??

23 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Murphy, Docherty, it's all the fucking same to me.

I've done it previously as well!

It's them fucking pills and the dodgey names! Fucking away with it. My obsession with taigs has clearly got the better of me.

:mutley:  :digging:

? Is that because you're taig?

He’s getting better and better the longer he is out.

Hes a decent player nothing more, yes he can contribute next season but he shouldn’t be a starter he was completely ineffective against decent sides he gained most of his goals and assists against the diddy teams.

If you were to ask this board at the end of last season if he should be a first choice Wide man you would have been laughed at people wanted rid of him.

Hes a better squad option than the likes of Candeias and Grezda but shouldn’t be a starter if we want to win trophies.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Played out of position, he is not a wide player. 

Would give him a chance to see what he can do in a narrow front 3. 

He is and always has been a wide player...mostly played as a left attacking midfielder or a left forward, his career appearances since 2012 are as follows:

Season 2012-2013 (Motherwell and Sheffield Utd)

In 29 games for Motherwell - 24(LW), 4(CF), 1(RW)

In 21 games for Sheffield Utd - 13(LM/LW), 6(CF), 2(RW)

Season 2013-2014 (Sheffield Utd)

In 42 games for Sheffield Utd - 33(LM/LW), 7(CF), 2(RW)

Season 2014-2015 (Sheffield Utd)

In 58 games for Sheffield Utd - 46(LM/LW), 7(CF), 5(RW)

Season 2015-2016 (Brighton)

In 39 games for Brighton - 32(LM/LW), 4(RW), 3(CF)

Season 2016-2017 (Brighton)

In 40 games for Brighton - 25(LM/LW), 8(RW), 7(CF)

Season 2017-2018 (Brighton and Rangers)

In 7 games for Brighton - 3(LW), 3(CF),1(RW)

In 19 games for Rangers - 17(LW), 2(RW)

The position he played for us is where he has played pretty much his whole career!

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

On paper a return of 5 goals, 9 assists in 22 games is a good return but it's a bit skewed when you look deeper at it.

2 assists were in that crazy end of season game at Hibs

3 assists and a goal against Hamilton in one game 

3 goals and 4 assists in games against Ayr, Dundee and St Mirren. 

Practically productive in 7 games and mainly against weaker sides. He's a decent squad player but he's not good enough to be first choice IMO. That being said I think he would provide a better return than Kent or Candeias.

Also what u need to remember was he was playing in a side that you could argue was one of our worst in the world top flight for many a year coupled with all the shit that was going about with the manager at the time so when you compare that to Ryan Kent who has been playing in a pretty decent team it actually makes good reading. The last 3 old firm games aside what has Kent really contributed all season? A few goals and a few assists outwith them. 

So yeah I think Murphy could be a surprise next season but I also think Jones could surprise a few as well

55 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

He’s getting better and better the longer he is out.

Hes a decent player nothing more, yes he can contribute next season but he shouldn’t be a starter he was completely ineffective against decent sides he gained most of his goals and assists against the diddy teams.

If you were to ask this board at the end of last season if he should be a first choice Wide man you would have been laughed at people wanted rid of him.

Hes a better squad option than the likes of Candeias and Grezda but shouldn’t be a starter if we want to win trophies.

Nonsense!

But you are right about the assists being against "diddy teams", who needs them, Its not as if we dropped points against the like of Livingston, Dundee, Hibs, St Johnstone etc. or its not likely that dropping points against those "diddy teams" is going to cost us league titles...

As for people wanting him to be sold, people wanted rid of the entire team but the lack of a proper manager cant be overlooked! Just look at the difference in Morelos, he was one of the players most complained about and arguably the most valuable/best player in the team.

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

On paper a return of 5 goals, 9 assists in 22 games is a good return but it's a bit skewed when you look deeper at it.

2 assists were in that crazy end of season game at Hibs

3 assists and a goal against Hamilton in one game 

3 goals and 4 assists in games against Ayr, Dundee and St Mirren. 

Practically productive in 7 games and mainly against weaker sides. He's a decent squad player but he's not good enough to be first choice IMO. That being said I think he would provide a better return than Kent or Candeias.

You can do that with most players though...

Ryan Kent - 42 games - 6 goals - 9 assits

Goals - Dundee (W4-0), Hearts (W3-1), Hamilton (W4-1), Livingston (W3-0), St Mirren (W4-0), celtic (L2-1)

Assits - Maribor, Kilmarnock, celtic, Aberdeen 2 (same match), Hamilton 2(Same Match), Kilmarnock, Aberdeen

Regardless of what teams they are against, they dont count double against top 6 teams...if anything its the points dropped against the so called lesser teams that have cost us this season!

1 minute ago, Del said:

Goals - Dundee (W4-0), Hearts (W3-1), Hamilton (W4-1), Livingston (W3-0), St Mirren (W4-0), celtic (L2-1)

Assits - Maribor, Kilmarnock, celtic, Aberdeen 2 (same match), Hamilton 2(Same Match), Kilmarnock, Aberdeen

Regardless of what teams they are against, they dont count double against top 6 teams...if anything its the points dropped against the so called lesser teams that have cost us this season!

Also factor in the teams from last season to this season and it makes Murphy stats look even better. 

As much as I like Kent as a player and would love him to stay i genuinely think most of us are going way ott about him

Said it before but this time next year u watch Jones and Stewart get pelters if they have similar stats

59 minutes ago, Del said:

He is and always has been a wide player...mostly played as a left attacking midfielder or a left forward, his career appearances since 2012 are as follows:

Season 2012-2013 (Motherwell and Sheffield Utd)

In 29 games for Motherwell - 24(LW), 4(CF), 1(RW)

In 21 games for Sheffield Utd - 13(LM/LW), 6(CF), 2(RW)

Season 2013-2014 (Sheffield Utd)

In 42 games for Sheffield Utd - 33(LM/LW), 7(CF), 2(RW)

Season 2014-2015 (Sheffield Utd)

In 58 games for Sheffield Utd - 46(LM/LW), 7(CF), 5(RW)

Season 2015-2016 (Brighton)

In 39 games for Brighton - 32(LM/LW), 4(RW), 3(CF)

Season 2016-2017 (Brighton)

In 40 games for Brighton - 25(LM/LW), 8(RW), 7(CF)

Season 2017-2018 (Brighton and Rangers)

In 7 games for Brighton - 3(LW), 3(CF),1(RW)

In 19 games for Rangers - 17(LW), 2(RW)

The position he played for us is where he has played pretty much his whole career!

I don’t care what stats you put up. 

He is not a winger and that’s where we played him. Strangely enough he looked at his best when he came inside closer to the main striker. He’s wasted being played wide  

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I think hed been decent before his injury.

Agreed, was hoping he would get some game time at the end of the season but wasn’t to be. Injuries & suspensions don’t help at all with consistency 

Really looking forward to seeing how he has recovered from his injury ..... I have always liked him as a player (even when he was in opposition to us) .... I think he is talented and has a good football brain .... along with a certain amount of flair ..... all which are important when you consider he is not the fastest .... not to mention his goal threat ..... all considered he will be an asset going into the new season  along side better players than he previously played with.

Oh! .... and he's also a good Bluenose as well .... It really does help .... :p:

I hope he has a good pre season ... and gives the manager a headache when it comes to choosing the team.

:UK:

He's far too slow played out wide. Beats his man with ease but lost count of the number of times he did that then get caught.

Physique is also shocking for a modern professional footballer.

But, he can score and set up players well and rarely gives the ball away so he'll definitely be an asset assuming this injury hasn't taken anything away from him.

44 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I don’t care what stats you put up. 

He is not a winger and that’s where we played him. Strangely enough he looked at his best when he came inside closer to the main striker. He’s wasted being played wide  

Almost like an SS, somewhere between and out and out winger and a cf but not a free role to an extent. Similar to the way arfield has been deployed recently

1 hour ago, Del said:

If we had taken full points from Kilmarnock instead of a pathetic 2 out of 10 we would have won the league.