Lee Wallace testimonial

rabc10000

Doesn’t deserve a testimonial but shouldn’t be hounded 

He stayed with us when we went down fair enough but I’ve always thought it was because he’s a bang average player who didn’t have any better offers and realised he could get this strange legend status just by staying until we were back at the top. Outside of about 6 months under Warburton he was never really good.

Decent servant, thank him for his efforts but no testimonial or big send off required 

26 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Mental how much discussion a guy who’s contributed less than Carlos Pena over last 2 seasons gets. 

He stuck with us, which was great at the time, but also suited him based on his family situation. It wasn’t quite as heroic as is being made out. 

He’s been permainjured for the last few years, and even when he’s been fit he’s looked like a square sausage with arms and legs.

Could have left / loaned but stayed given his hefty wage despite contributing nothing, which again is fine - he has a contract. 

Wouldnt be doing a testimonial though. Taken enough from us. 

I dont think he should have a testimonial but the rest of the post is a shambles mate...

He was injured for at the start of the 2017/2018 season, I think it might have been September/October, this is a guy who played 30+ games in the previous 6 seasons, so hes not exactly injury prone, but after the Murty incident it was clear that he wasnt going to be allowed to play again. 

I also dont agree with the, "suited him based on his family situation", the guy should be praised for wanting to stay with us, not doubted because folk think he hung around as it was less hassle or to earn easy money. He could easily have went down south and made just as much money, if not more, than he was at Rangers. Lets not forget, he wasnt on Lee McCulloch money when he decided to transfer and I think there is something to be said about his character wanting to stay and be the man that guided Rangers back to the top. For someone who cares about the club, thats worth more money than any sum of moneym, and before people start going on about him being a hearts fans etc. you just need to speak to him or his family for a few monents to see how much they care about Rangers. Even look at his wifes stuff on instagram! Its probably the same reason Brown didnt leave celtic, a chance to become part of history that wont be seen again.

Noone really knows what happened with Murty etc. but if it is agreed, at least thats what I believe, that Wallace and Miller spoke out against Murty after the defeat to celtic for whatever reason they done it, it was because they werent happy about the result. If I was Lee Wallace and I felt strongly enough about it, then I would have stuck to my guns as well. The fact that Gerrard has been quoted a number of times saying that a fit Lee Wallace is a big boost to this team, but still not played him, shows that there is more going on than meets the eye.

It will all come out one day but to say he has "taken enough from us" is too far for me!

4 minutes ago, backup said:

Behave, he’s had enough holiday pay from us, our very own Darren “sick note” Anderton !

You behave, the guy was with us from 2011-2019 (8 seasons) and all but the last 2 he has played over 30 games in each!

He did have a problem with the injury in September and was out for longer than it was hoped, but its unfair to accuse him of being a sick note!

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Hasn’t been here long enough for a testimonial. 

What is the criteria for a testimonial?

As far as I can see, there isnt a length of service requirement for one?

2 minutes ago, Del said:

The fact that Gerrard has been quoted a number of times saying that a fit Lee Wallace is a big boost to this team, but still not played him, shows that there is more going on than meets the eye.

It will all come out one day but to say he has "taken enough from us" is too far for me!

Did Gerrard not say this season that he was fit , there was no internal problems etc stopping him being picked but there was a few ppl in front of him in the squad 

20 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Why? Because I don't share the same opinion as you? Please explain the reasoning behind your outburst 

Why? Maybe because you're calling someone who has played for the club for 8 years, the majority of which as captain, and who until an incident with an interim manager, after what was one of the most embarrassing matches/results in the clubs history, had an exemplary record and had done nothing but good for this club.

Then he is punished for speaking out, but not allowed to tell us what was said, was then found innocent of any wrong doing and given the fine back but for whatever reason hasnt been allowed/deemed worthy of playing any more matches for us. This despite the manager saying on a number of occasions that a fit Lee Wallace would be an important part of the squad...

This is someone you think is a "cunt" who "should be hounded"?! 

4 minutes ago, Del said:

Why? Maybe because you're calling someone who has played for the club for 8 years, the majority of which as captain, and who until an incident with an interim manager, after what was one of the most embarrassing matches/results in the clubs history, had an exemplary record and had done nothing but good for this club.

Then he is punished for speaking out, but not allowed to tell us what was said, was then found innocent of any wrong doing and given the fine back but for whatever reason hasnt been allowed/deemed worthy of playing any more matches for us. This despite the manager saying on a number of occasions that a fit Lee Wallace would be an important part of the squad...

This is someone you think is a "cunt" who "should be hounded"?! 

Yes I do believe Wallace time has came and gone and in all honestly he should have been sold a couple of seasons ago at least. Do I think he took the easy road and sat pocketing a substantial wage yes I do. However as you pounted out the gaffer did say those exact words but the fact he has been fit for large spells and never had a look in despite being arguably our best lb if fit makes me personally question his commitment and desire to play for us 

So with that said I do think he should be shown the door with a thnx for the services but no way should enjoy a testimonial. Feel free to disagree however one thing is if I disagree with anything you say I certainly wouldn't want u to be chased off RM or any other site

4 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Did Gerrard not say this season that he was fit , there was no internal problems etc stopping him being picked but there was a few ppl in front of him in the squad 

Yes he did, but can you honestly say to me that a fully fit Lee Wallace isn't better than Barasic, Halliday or Flanagan at left back?

Ultimately, we will never know how he could have performed in this team/squad, but it doesn't make sense to me , especially during the times we were struggling to fill that position, that he never got a chance!

11 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

He stayed with us when we went down fair enough but I’ve always thought it was because he’s a bang average player who didn’t have any better offers and realised he could get this strange legend status just by staying until we were back at the top. 

Wallace was in the peak of his career and he had commanded a 1.5 million transfer fee less than a year before we had our problems.

Whether you think he was “bang average” or not he could easily have got himself a decent move with a pretty hefty signing on fee for himself in 2012 if he wanted it.

2 minutes ago, Del said:

Yes he did, but can you honestly say to me that a fully fit Lee Wallace isn't better than Barasic, Halliday or Flanagan at left back?

Ultimately, we will never know how he could have performed in this team/squad, but it doesn't make sense to me , especially during the times we were struggling to fill that position, that he never got a chance!

Wallace of maybe 2012 then yeah , he is finished though and that's why he hasn't played 

6 minutes ago, Del said:

I’m not sure he would have been tbh.

Wallace already looked like he was losing a step towards under Caixinha and since then he’s had another serious injury too.

I love Wallace for what he has done for the club but he’s falling into the category of being a player who has got better the less he has played. 

Just now, rabc10000 said:

Yes I do believe Wallace time has came and gone and in all honestly he should have been sold a couple of seasons ago at least. Do I think he took the easy road and sat pocketing a substantial wage yes I do. However as you pounted out the gaffer did say those exact words but the fact he has been fit for large spells and never had a look in despite being arguably our best lb if fit makes me personally question his commitment and desire to play for us 

So with that said I do think he should be shown the door with a thnx for the services but no way should enjoy a testimonial 

A couple of seasons ago? He was our captain and first choice fullback a couple of seasons ago...

He only dropped out the team due to injury and then wasnt fit again until after the incident with Murty, so I dont know how you can say he should have been sold a couple of seasons ago? 

The "substantial wage" is a nonsense as well, he will be on £8-12k a week max! He was linked with a number of Championship clubs and last year it was confirmed that the average Championship salary is around £20k a week, even at Bristol City (who he was linked with again recently) have a number of players all on £15k+, he could easily went elsewhere and earned far more money!

So your conclusion as to why he hasnt been playing isnt the fact that hes not good enough or that hes been told he cant play, its that his commitment and desire to play for us isnt there?

Anyone who stayed after the whistle against celtic could see what it means to the man!

26 minutes ago, Del said:

You behave, the guy was with us from 2011-2019 (8 seasons) and all but the last 2 he has played over 30 games in each!

He did have a problem with the injury in September and was out for longer than it was hoped, but its unfair to accuse him of being a sick note!

Excellent record 👍 

7866CD16-F191-4BA4-9D91-2BD67B5D6609.jpeg

Lee Wallace correctly informed the authorities of a crime, and was widely condemned by the Scottish football community. Now there's a surprise eh? 

Well done Lee Wallace for trying to ensure justice was served for the good of the public and any victims of crimes.