Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rabc10000

Lee Wallace testimonial

Recommended Posts


Here's my thoughts. Lee wallace is a legend and he deserves all the praise he gets. 

Does he deserve a testimonial... No.

If he deserves a testimonial, why wouldn't say Lee McCulloch? Because we chose to release him prior to the season in the spl? Could argue Wallace has done nothing in Europe and jig was part of a team that got us to a European final.

jintybear likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Here's my thoughts. Lee wallace is a legend and he deserves all the praise he gets. 

Does he deserve a testimonial... No.

If he deserves a testimonial, why wouldn't say Lee McCulloch? Because we chose to release him prior to the season in the spl? Could argue Wallace has done nothing in Europe and jig was part of a team that got us to a European final.

Coz jig was McCoist’s mate and was getting a fortune playing against boys off the nightshift that no other manager or club would even remotely considered giving him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Coz jig was McCoist’s mate and was getting a fortune playing against boys off the nightshift that no other manager or club would even remotely considered giving him

Wallace was also getting paid a fortune too and has had 2/3 good seasons for us. 

Jig had some good moments with us too and wanted to stay to help us get up. He stayed when others left. Same as Wallace. 

The point is testimonials are about service, not ability and jig gave just as much to this club as Wallace.

Bottom line is neither deserves a testimonial. They should be commended for staying (Can't criticise folk for walking out and at the same time criticise those that stay 😂) but that's it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Wallace was also getting paid a fortune too and has had 2/3 good seasons for us. 

Jig had some good moments with us too and wanted to stay to help us get up. He stayed when others left. Same as Wallace. 

The point is testimonials are about service, not ability and jig gave just as much to this club as Wallace.

Bottom line is neither deserves a testimonial. They should be commended for staying (Can't criticise folk for walking out and at the same time criticise those that stay 😂) but that's it.

 

Wallace could have gon on to better jig couldn’t that’s the difference 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Wallace could have gon on to better jig couldn’t that’s the difference 

Wallace at one point was linked with Nottingham forest. Remember jig being linked with a move to the bundesliga. 

Where they could have went is irrelevant. They wanted to be here so they stayed. They were loyal. Still doesn't mean either should get a testimonial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably as good an example of a thread not going the way am op anticipated it going as you will see. 

Then it became a failed attempt at backtacking about his original comments.

In summary- Op had a mare. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm one of the first to be brutal about players that let us down but trying to demonise Lee Wallace's character is utter madness whether you agree with the testimonial talk or not 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Wallace and McCulloch weren’t perfect players but the way people still make snide little digs about them is something I just don’t get. They stayed when a lot of other players fucked off and to me that’s admirable.

I wonder if fans of clubs like Fiorentina and Juventus constantly make petty little comments about how much money the likes of Di Livio or Del Piero were making when they decided to stay and help their clubs back after their club’s respective relegations or if just they respect and admire them for their loyalty and dedication?

Sometimes I just don’t understand the way we talk about our own.

They constantly go on about Buffon and Del Piero’s mrs’ telling them they can’t go and how no other team would pay their wages etc imo

Bobby Hume likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They constantly go on about Buffon and Del Piero’s mrs’ telling them they can’t go and how no other team would pay their wages etc imo

:mutley:

Both their wives had Scottish grannies too mate .... I'm reliably informed .... so your post is dead accurate .... :p:

:UK:

ForeverAndEver likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

It's a no from me as he hasn't been with us 10 years but I love how the OP is dead against it yet has a link to the petition giving it a lot more hits 😂

Thats the thing, I don't think he should have one but I won't stop anyone signing or agreeing he should have one. 

We all have our own opinions and rightly we should so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TheCutch said:

This is probably as good an example of a thread not going the way am op anticipated it going as you will see. 

Then it became a failed attempt at backtacking about his original comments.

In summary- Op had a mare. 👍I never had a mare. I stand by my initial post however I know what I meant but I forget in this day and age how easily words can bu used against someone. No big deal at all

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...