Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
G.E.C.

Dorrans attacked

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yes they have and am no a cunt. 

ūüėā Largs¬†

I lived in Largs at the time Rangers and the Scotland team came down and they were always welcomed.  It was great business for the town,  I got autographs from several players when the were walking around down town.  Even the Jinky Johnstone boating incident was was a great source of amusement to all never mind your what team you supported.   

Bobby Hume likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Because people keep taking issue with my posts, mainly. Where anyone is is always relevant to what happens.

You're implying this couldn't or wouldn't have happened if he was out for a drink on a quiet Greek island. Most people are rightly pointing out that it could happen anywhere and it's actually more likely to happen to him in Glasgow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

You're implying this couldn't or wouldn't have happened if he was out for a drink on a quiet Greek island. Most people are rightly pointing out that it could happen anywhere and it's actually more likely to happen to him in Glasgow. 

Nope, never once implied that. I've pointedly said the opposite.

 'Less likely'. 'Minimise'. 'Can happen anywhere, but it's possible to minimise risks'. I've actually said those things repeatedly. It's getting a bit boring having folk ignore what I've said and greet about what I haven't.

Are you saying it's not less likely on a sleepy Greek island than San Antonio? What about than Santa Ponsa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFS, I've been gone and back from lunch and the usual appeaser still gobbing shite trying to justify his ludicrous position and flawed logic, as it does.

What if the poor guy was in a coma or worse as a result of the attack, which could quite easily have happened?

Oh, he should have known better? 

Then it starts with the scumdee hivs patter. Not taig to try and deflect and defend it's untenable position. Ok then, so our players need to work out where every fucking fan base in the land go on holiday? Fucking lunatic.

Someone has just lost it's carer.

Anyone found them holiday brochures with the taig alerts, or should I say alerts for scumdee hivs, scum fc, spoonburners, hertz, sheep shaggers and so on? Should be a fucking great read. Thought not.

Now where the fuck is that carer?!

:rofl:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cstamomusa said:

Perhaps it would have been better if you had a least mentioned that you hoped he would be alright and how awful it was.   Instead your first comment on the situation was about the location not the fact that a player was attacked for the crime of just being a Rangers player.  

Pretty much goes without saying, doesn't it? 

You're right. Must remember the sensitivities of RM forum users. If your first comment isn't a show of sympathy, then folk will assume you're not sympathetic. Deciding that that goes without saying and that you want to say something that maybe isn't about to be said by 100 odd people and that isn't pretty obvious anyway, isn't on. Are people really so tender that they need that initial reassurance before anything else is said? Looks like it tbf.

Marky. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

FFS, I've been gone and back from lunch and the usual appeaser still gobbing shite trying to justify his ludicrous position and flawed logic, as it does.

What if the poor guy was in a coma or worse as a result of the attack, which could quite easily have happened?

Oh, he should have known better? 

Then it starts with the scumdee hivs patter. Not taig to try and deflect and defend it's untenable position. Ok then, so our players need to work out where every fucking fan base in the land go on holiday? Fucking lunatic.

Someone has just lost it's carer.

Anyone found them holiday brochures with the taig alerts, or should I say alerts for scumdee hivs, scum fc, spoonburners, hertz, sheep shaggers and so on? Should be a fucking great read. Thought not.

Now where the fuck is that carer?!

:rofl:

 

And breathe. Rambling mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Nope, never once implied that. I've pointedly said the opposite.

 'Less likely'. 'Minimise'. 'Can happen anywhere, but it's possible to minimise risks'. I've actually said those things repeatedly. It's getting a bit boring having folk ignore what I've said and greet about what I haven't.

Are you saying it's not less likely on a sleepy Greek island than San Antonio? What about than Santa Ponsa?

Jeez. Grim. I was in Santa Ponsa a few years back and was applauded walking to the pool with my Rangers towel for bravery. Was a family from Northern Ireland who were also bears. They said to me all they could manage was blue swimwear :lol:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Fucking stupid comment. If he wants to go and party with friends or whoever he is with after a long season out injured then good on him. These players are only human like us and shouldn't have to fear going places because of tarrier scum. 

Grasping at fucking straws mer like!

As I said previously, how the fuck would you know where the fuck taigs go, or should I now say scumdee hivs(apparently not taig according to one :confused:) Then what about all the other fan bases they would need to avoid?

Absolute fucking metalist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marky. said:

Jeez. Grim. I was in Santa Ponsa a few years back and was applauded walking to the pool with my Rangers towel for bravery. Was a family from Northern Ireland who were also bears. They said to me all they could manage was blue swimwear :lol:.

Yeah. Dingy sellic hovel.

Rangers players should go sample it but. Wouldn't be inadvisable at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we all agree the players, and you and I for that matter should be able to holiday anywhere, walk any street and frequent any pub we wish. The reality is that's not always possible.

These guys are in the public eye and are obvious targets no matter where they go.  If I was them I would avoid certain areas and avoid drinking too much in case things kicked off. I don't think it's snobby to think that very rich guys would go to a more exclusive resort to reduce chances of coming to harm.

It's not their fault they were attacked but knowing what we know about certain people in this country why take the risk?

 

Inigo and Bad Robot like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Nope, never once implied that. I've pointedly said the opposite.

 'Less likely'. 'Minimise'. 'Can happen anywhere, but it's possible to minimise risks'. I've actually said those things repeatedly. It's getting a bit boring having folk ignore what I've said and greet about what I haven't.

Are you saying it's not less likely on a sleepy Greek island than San Antonio? What about than Santa Ponsa?

No, it's not though, that's the part you're struggling with i think.

I'm not saying it's less likely on a sleepy Greek island or anywhere else.

As soon as he's outside Glasgow, i would say he's less likely to be attacked based on the team he plays for, but there's still chance he'll get attacked from a random drunken arsehole, including sleepy Greek islands, San Antonio and Santa Ponsa. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Inigo said:

Why the fuck, as a famous footballer, would you ho to Ibiza, never mind San Antonio?

I'd be going to some quiet wee Greek resort or something.

It’s absolutely shocking what’s happened and players shouldn’t have to hide away but I did think when Jacks mrs was tweeting about them being there that it could bring attention to them that they don’t want.

Bad Robot likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

No, it's not though, that's the part you're struggling with i think.

I'm not saying it's less likely on a sleepy Greek island or anywhere else.

As soon as he's outside Glasgow, i would say he's less likely to be attacked based on the team he plays for, but there's still chance he'll get attacked from a random drunken arsehole, including sleepy Greek islands, San Antonio and Santa Ponsa. 

 

Yeah, this is head in the sand stuff. Of course he's less likely to get bother in a sleepy Greek island than Santa Ponsa ūüėā (or San Antonio).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah. Dingy sellic hovel.

Rangers players should go sample it but. Wouldn't be inadvisable at all.

Right round the corner from Magaluf as well, where loads of kind-hearted ladies and gentlemen visit for a quiet break. I’m sure they could sample the local beverages round there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the players aren't safe to go on holiday then surely the supporters aren't either.

And just FYI, am no a fucken millionaire that can just holiday on a private island in the med.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Nope, never once implied that. I've pointedly said the opposite.

 'Less likely'. 'Minimise'. 'Can happen anywhere, but it's possible to minimise risks'. I've actually said those things repeatedly. It's getting a bit boring having folk ignore what I've said and greet about what I haven't.

Are you saying it's not less likely on a sleepy Greek island than San Antonio? What about than Santa Ponsa?

The minimising the risk is the part that some seem to be ignoring.

Go to some sleepy Greek island then there’s maybe a 1 in 10 chance some jealous drunk/ ned will try involve you into a situation which can easily escalate to an assault.

Tweet that you’re going to the Highlander bar, 50 handed and there’s maybe a 4 in 10 chance or higher that some jealous drunk/ ned will try involve involve you into a situation.

I don’t understand why so many are failing to grasp the above. 

richles1872 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, this is head in the sand stuff. Of course he's less likely to get bother in a sleepy Greek island than Santa Ponsa ūüėā (or San Antonio).

Think you should re-read my post tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

Think you should re-read my post tbh.

I did. 'I'm not saying it's less likely on a Greek island or anywhere else'. That combined with the last paragraph suggests you see no difference between Greek island and Santa Ponsa, risk wise.

Two straight question then. Do you think a Rangers player would be more likely to get grief in Santa Ponsa than a sleepy Greek island? Do you think a Rangers player would be well advised to avoid Santa Ponsa?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...