Next season...

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

What a strange post. Hazard won 2 premier league trophies with the team built around him, how does that compare to Kamara's best spell for us coming after there's nothing to play for? I can't even understand what you're going for there. 

You asked “what’s he won” when discussing if Kamara’s been playing well. Chelsea won nothing this season. Fucking hell 😂😂

2 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

I watched the SCF yesterday and am sure on their performance we'd have won the game comfortably. Am confident that all things being even,we'll go all the way next season.

Well it won't be even, they will be up to their knees in paedo trials, TLB and with no money to spend, we will have Stevie G and a good start to a solid spine.

I don’t get the confidence on here. We have to be far more consistent than we managed last season. Aberdeen, Dundee, Livingston etc etc showed that our team is capable of turning up for certain matches but not others.

As for TLB, he managed to get them to be consistent after McCoist had a 13 odd point lead and won the title after a good run of wins,  and as far as i’m aware he had a better European record than Brenda.

If our management team go into the next season with the attitude that we are favourites then we are fucked.

We also need better players than we currently have. Finding decent ones we can afford is going to be a challenge, albeit not impossible. I’m just not convinced that our scouting will unearth cheap gems. (Kamara played under our noses so we couldn’t miss him)

I’m looking forward to next season, but I hope Stevie and his team have learned their lessons and aren’t showing any complacency. Recently Mark Allen talked about adding the cherries on the cake (in terms of adding quality players to the team) which has me kind of worried if he is thinking that only a small number of quality players will do the trick....

16 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Really ?they have just won the treble and league at a canter again ,how do u work that out ?

Even a tarrier will tell you they’re in need of a complete revamp this summer. For as start all the following players that have been in and around the team this year will be leaving - Boyata, Benkovic, Lustig, Toljan, Weah, Burke.

Add that to the fact they’ve got some absolute shite ie Brown, Ntcham -technically alright but slower than a week in jail and clearly wants away, Rogic - hasn’t kicked a ball all season, Hendry - shite, Compper - shite, Sinclair - flatters to deceive. There’s your wholesale changes. If you look at our actual 11 it might have three possibly a maximum of four new faces next year. 

13 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Really ?they have just won the treble and league at a canter again ,how do u work that out ?

That was a canter of our own doing though. Had we played like we have when no pressure had been applied, the canter would have been ours easily. The lack of confidence has played a big part through previous management - Pedro being the biggest issue imo. Gerrard being new to this was this season's issue and attitude/discipline from players. 

Just now, Sweettartangirl said:

That was a canter of our own doing though. Had we played like we have when no pressure had been applied, the canter would have been ours easily. The lack of confidence has played a big part through previous management - Pedro being the biggest issue imo. Gerrard being new to this was this season's issue and attitude/discipline from players. 

Doesn’t matter who’s doing it was ,they won the league easy, that’s the facts at the end of the day ,massive summer ahead for us ,can’t afford any mistakes 

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Even a tarrier will tell you they’re in need of a complete revamp this summer. For as start all the following players that have been in and around the team this year will be leaving - Boyata, Benkovic, Lustig, Toljan, Weah, Burke.

Add that to the fact they’ve got some absolute shite ie Brown, Ntcham -technically alright but slower than a week in jail and clearly wants away, Rogic - hasn’t kicked a ball all season, Hendry - shite, Compper - shite, Sinclair - flatters to deceive. There’s your wholesale changes. If you look at our actual 11 it might have three possibly a maximum of four new faces next year. 

Yep, when looking at the twitter time line at a lot of taigs comments, they're less than impressed at Liewells inability to open the coffers up as well as appointing popcorn as their manager. 

All good news for us though. 

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Aye that’s just for our starting 11,our squad is a fucking mess ,we have got as much shite as u names off there ,massive summer for us 

9 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Aye that’s just for our starting 11,our squad is a fucking mess ,we have got as much shite as u names off there ,massive summer for us 

I disagree with that. The list of tarriers I’ve just given you are players that have regularly been in and around their team this year. IMO the only players that have huge question marks over them for us are Grezda, Coulibaly (even he’s not played for ages), Barisic and Lafferty. 

Players like Wallace and McAuley leave having played a tiny part in the season.