Gerrard Talks About Tav

10 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

“Tav could potentially get to the level of the top full-backs in England.

“If you analyse it, he’s got the body to do it. He’s robust enough to do it and he’s got the technical ability to do it.

"His quality from the side, in terms of crossing and assists, it doesn’t matter what league you play in.

“If you’re putting that in, people will finish it off.

“He’s improved defensively but can still get better. It’s no surprise that he’s been on the agenda for most of this season.

“Whenever a transfer window opens, there’s interest in Tav.

“He has been so consistent and, for me as a manager, he’s been there for every game and every training session.

“It’s been me who’s pulled him away from it at times. If I didn’t he’d have played in every game.

“He’s got the body and capacity for any league out there.

“In saying all of that, I want him in this league and in my team.

“There have been calls about Tav with clubs interested. I am sure there still is.

“We’ve got a fantastic captain/manager relationship. We know his agent very well and, as with any player, I’m open to these chats at any time.

“The reality is, and I probably shouldn’t be saying this, but every player has his price.

“Every manager up and down the UK has the same issues.

“But I can’t be any clearer, I want my best players to stay at Rangers and Tav certainly comes into that bracket.

“When I looked at appointing a captain, I did a lot of due diligence and asked a lot of questions about the dressing room.

“Looking from afar, Tav was always one of the most consistent Rangers players I’d seen on the eye.

“Then after chatting to him and knowing he wanted to stay, that was a big help.

“I didn’t want to bring a new player in as captain.

“I did a lot of homework on it but it could have been another few because we have good leaders in here.”

Tavernier takes flack at times and rightly so but in the same breath has contributed immensely in this Rangers team. Think its a case of we won't realise how much a miss he is until he actually leaves. Can't take his goals and assists out of our team and expect to replace that easily. I believe we will get another season out of him then he could be off down south. Vital for 55.

3 hours ago, wully said:

The amount of replays of forrest's goal against us over the last few days, Joe Worrall wanted to kill him. 

And rightly so.

Funny that cause I’m pretty sure Tav like myself and lots of others has felt the same about Worrall lots of times 

I don't know if Steven is doing reverse psychology or not, but I don't think Tav will be going anywhere this season. I'll be very surprised. He is improving and his stats speak for themselves as to how much work he puts into us. Plus, I think he wants trophies before he goes anywhere and this season will get him this if they work hard for it. 

I think they all know now how stupid they have been to throw away the chances they did to stupid games.  

Sounds to me like he's preparing us for him going . If he does , I hope it's for decent money . 

We need to watch out here that we don't rip the heart out of what we're trying to achieve . If you were to pick five of our best performers last season Kent , Morelos and Tav would be three of them , and if all were to go it would be a big ask to replace them . 

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

10mill for Tav 15mill for Mo. 

Rebuild the team with another 20mill from the board 

45mill should win us 55. 

If we sell both we won't win the league. I know I've said I want Morelos to go if the money is right but to sell Tav as well would be suicide for Gerrard and the board. That's upwards of 50 goals ýou take out of that team,no amount of money replaces that. 

3 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Tavernier takes flack at times and rightly so but in the same breath has contributed immensely in this Rangers team. Think its a case of we won't realise how much a miss he is until he actually leaves. Can't take his goals and assists out of our team and expect to replace that easily. I believe we will get another season out of him then he could be off down south. Vital for 55.

I hope he stays, he can be frustrating a lot of the time, but his workmate, goals and assists speak for themselves

We used to get raped down our right side. Opposition said they targeted him / it ie playing Stokes that side in the cup final. It WAS a weakness. Cant say that these days, it's not a key weakness, and collectively we're not losing that many goals either.

He's now competent defensively, Gerrard sees him as a captain so fair enough, he excels as an attacking full back. Nutshell.

1 hour ago, Sket said:

If we sell both we won't win the league. I know I've said I want Morelos to go if the money is right but to sell Tav as well would be suicide for Gerrard and the board. That's upwards of 50 goals ýou take out of that team,no amount of money replaces that. 

Double edged sword with the money they would bring in. 

I agree both should stay if we want to win the league, but for the right money it gives Stevie good options.