Double Standards

4 minutes ago, islanderbear84 said:

I already told you, sportscene has an almost weekly section where bug eyes and him with the transparent eyelashes get stuck in to our fan base. You already said you don't watch it so you will have to accept my word for it. I therefore graciously accept your offer of conceding the point.

I highly doubt it

27 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No it isn’t 

It is. Neither are sectarian.

I would say most don't give a fuck what they sing. It's all about double standards.

For balanced reporting, one just needs to view Sportscene. 

The there is the print media. The last big rammy in the Merchant City was taig on taig, but the initial story inferred that it was us, then no retraction forthcoming when it is found out it isn't, as per.

As it is with most street rammies, it's find a blue jersey at all costs.

None of it is whataboutary, or obsessions, just a demand that after our years of sleeping in our dignified silence, appeasement and apathy in taking it up the erse from allcomers,  we simply want to be judged to the same standard as everyone else.

Not much to ask in a democracy, but sadly we live in a police state run by taigs for taigs.

I must don my ski mask and cheer the next republican paramilitary "we haven't gone away march" and cheer them on, right?!

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

I would say most don't give a fuck what they sing. It's all about double standards.

The there is the print media. The last big rammy in the Merchant City was taig on taig, but the initial story inferred that it was us, then no retraction forthcoming when it is found out it isn't, as per.

None of it is whataboutary, or obsessions, just a demand that after our years of sleeping in our dignified silence, appeasement and apathy in taking it up the erse from allcomers,  we simply want to be judged to the same standard as everyone else.

Not much to ask in a democracy, but sadly we live in a police state run by taigs for taigs.

I must don my ski mask and cheer the next republican paramilitary "we haven't gone away march" and cheer them on, right?!

I never said they were sectarian, I said they were sung every week.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Don't make me laugh. As soon as the wee krankie and her sex pest old boss got their claws into the nation it has become as bent and corrupt as zimbabwe.

11 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

How about everybody stop being perma offended snowflakes and let’s just get back to singing and saying whatever we want 👍🏻

Gladly. They dont offend me when they sing. I am offended by the 1 sided treatment of singing of songs however.

But snowflake I am not.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Super Rangers and the Billy Boys are sung week in week out.

And imo neither is even remotely sectarian. I think your opinions are fairly balanced, see things without the blue tinted specs on and agree, some are obsessed with the beasts from the east, but the point the op is making is the media portray Rangers, Rangers fans etc in as bad a light as possible without highlighting  every other clubs, fans, community in the same way. I couldn’t give a fuck what others say , sing about us as long as it’s a balanced, neutral response reported by the media.

6 minutes ago, murzo said:

And imo neither is even remotely sectarian. I think your opinions are fairly balanced, see things without the blue tinted specs on and agree, some are obsessed with the beasts from the east, but the point the op is making is the media portray Rangers, Rangers fans etc in as bad a light as possible without highlighting  every other clubs, fans, community in the same way. I couldn’t give a fuck what others say , sing about us as long as it’s a balanced, neutral response reported by the media.

They aren't, I haven't said they are. If the media wanted to complain about songs with fenians in it then they could, every game if they really wanted to, that's my point. Apart from the Clark debacle, and I'm sure there were complaints about the Lisbon Lions and Leigh Griffiths song a couple of weeks ago, there haven't many complaints that I can remember, even with other 'bad' songs being sung all season.

3 hours ago, islanderbear84 said:

Watching the playoff just now and Dundee Utd fans in anger that beaton hasn't given a decision their way, start chanting 'you're just a H** with a whistle'.

No outcry about the disgusting songbook from todays game I bet. Why has it been allowed that a seemingly derogatory term that offends scum fans gets us highlighted as disgusting for using it, yet anyone who calls protestants 'H***' (an equally offensive term) are never criticised.

We really have to rise up and stop allowing ourselves to slowly slide into becoming lower class citizens with no rights!! Hard in this cesspit country but we really must try!

Not being funny, but have you heard our songbook?