Double Standards

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Nah, he doesn't. He gives an opinion then so many people get furious and challenge him it derails things and makes a cunt of the discussion.

Agreed. It's the same as most, you have a different opinion to most and people canny seem to handle it.

7 minutes ago, islanderbear84 said:

Yet to see an opinion from him in isolation. He only gives a countering opinion as a means to go on the attack. That is what gets under EVERYONES skin when it comes to him. If it was a meaningful or thought provoking opinion it would be taken on and discussed. Opinions to say black because others say white, and calling them all pricks for saying white, tends to offend.

Pretty sure he's the one that gets verbally abused first normally. 

So what if he only makes counter opinions? Like I say, ignore it if you hate it. He's entitled to post by taking issue with things he doesn't like if that's how he wants to interact with folk. So it's pretty much down to ignoring him or engaging. 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Agreed. It's the same as most, you have a different opinion to most and people canny seem to handle it.

If that is what you need to tell yourselves it is in order to reconcile being at odds with 99% of the fan base then batter in. The rest of us know it is simply being difficult.

I have people in life I have lots in common with that I don't always agree with them on stuff, but to disagree with their every word would become to look less like an opinion and more being confrontational.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Pretty sure he's the one that gets verbally abused first normally. 

So what if he only makes counter opinions? Like I say, ignore it if you hate it. He's entitled to post by taking issue with things he doesn't like if that's how he wants to interact with folk. So it's pretty much down to ignoring him or engaging. 

Do you ever tell him to ignore the entire rest of the forum? As you say, ignore it if you hate it. As he does, almost everyone on it and everyones opinions. And I didn't even bring him into it. He brought himself. And his opening gambit was to start with insults. Stop trying to defend the undefendable.

1 minute ago, islanderbear84 said:

If that is what you need to tell yourselves it is in order to reconcile being at odds with 99% of the fan base then batter in. The rest of us know it is simply being difficult.

I have people in life I have lots in common with that I don't always agree with them on stuff, but to disagree with their every word would become to look less like an opinion and more being confrontational.

I highly doubt 99% of the fanbase think there's some sort of media conspiracy against us :lol: 

I don't disagree on most things though, just gay stuff like this.

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

ForeverAndEver should have his name changed to bp10 imho 

He is my dad after all 

Do you ever tell him to ignore the entire rest of the forum? As you say, ignore it if you hate it. As he does, almost everyone on it and everyones opinions. And I didn't even bring him into it. He brought himself. And his opening gambit was to start with insults. Stop trying to defend the undefendable.

No. That would be not using the forum, which is harsher than everyone ignoring one guy. He generally doesn't get all upset with folk and start suggesting bans either, he just disagrees in his own unique way, so he clearly doesn't need to be advised to ignore folk. 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I highly doubt 99% of the fanbase think there's some sort of media conspiracy against us :lol: 

I don't disagree on most things though, just gay stuff like this.

Says all I need to know then if you think the very present and obvious media bias against us is 'gay'. I would imagine a large majority of our fan base with eyes, ears, a pulse and more than one braincell would agree it is blatant!

Says all I need to know then if you think the very present and obvious media bias against us is 'gay'. I would imagine a large majority of our fan base with eyes, ears, a pulse and more than one braincell would agree it is blatant!

If you could please refrain from insulting my intelligence with the one brain cell remark, that would be nice. Otherwise you would find yourself reported.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

No. That would be not using the forum, which is harsher than everyone ignoring one guy. He generally doesn't get all upset with folk and start suggesting bans either, he just disagrees in his own unique way, so he clearly doesn't need to be advised to ignore folk. 

So if hes not upset, why are you doing so much to try and encourage others to ignore him and for us to deal with it? If hes not bothered nor should you be and therefore just leave us to thinking the guys a tarrier supporting sleeper cell in the forum.

Just now, islanderbear84 said:

So if hes not upset, why are you doing so much to try and encourage others to ignore him and for us to deal with it? If hes not bothered nor should you be and therefore just leave us to thinking the guys a tarrier supporting sleeper cell in the forum.

Because you were suggesting banning him. That's how this started. I'm sure he'd be bothered about being banned. If you suggest banning folk and I think that's unfair, I'm entitled to say so and to say why i think that and to offer an alternative to the folk that get to the point of suggesting ban. 

6 minutes ago, islanderbear84 said:

I asked how has he never been banned. Didnt say 'someone ban this cunt'. Again, if hes big enough and tough enough to dish it he shouldn't need a bodyguard on here to back him up.

Meh. Politician's distinction, that. You asked why he had never been turfed off as if you agreed with the idea.

He's not big enough to stop bans, seeing as he has no ability to stop that process if it's decided. So seeing as folk, your fine self in this instance, seem to drop, or reinforce, the suggestion quite frequently, it's only fair for those that disagreed to say so and defend him. And to suggest other folk ignore him if he upsets them.

Anyway, it's late and isn't my intention to be on here going toe to toe with other fans so apologies for it.😒

Sleep well upon whatever island you dwell.

7 hours ago, islanderbear84 said:

Yet to see an opinion from him in isolation. He only gives a countering opinion as a means to go on the attack. That is what gets under EVERYONES skin when it comes to him. If it was a meaningful or thought provoking opinion it would be taken on and discussed. Opinions to say black because others say white, and calling them all pricks for saying white, tends to offend.

Err I very seldom use abuse! Please see if you can find any time I’ve cslled anyone a prick? I’ve been on the forum 12 years or so - I’ll wait. 

The tactic of name calling is one used against me all the time! But that seems to be ok to many on here - it usually happens when folk don’t have a contra argument to my point - so they trot out the ‘he’s no one of us, snp bad, must be a taig’  Stuff along with a few expletives - and the funny thing is they then get all offended by someone singing about guns at a game that didn’t involve us! 😂

7 hours ago, Inigo said:

Nah, he doesn't. He gives an opinion then so many people get furious and challenge him it derails things and makes a cunt of the discussion.

Opinion 😂😂😂

He sticks his fingers in his ears and goes La la la la la, when once again it’s pointed out he is being a twat and missing the whole point of the thread. 

18 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Err I very seldom use abuse! Please see if you can find any time I’ve cslled anyone a prick? I’ve been on the forum 12 years or so - I’ll wait. 

The tactic of name calling is one used against me all the time! But that seems to be ok to many on here - it usually happens when folk don’t have a contra argument to my point - so they trot out the ‘he’s no one of us, snp bad, must be a taig’  Stuff along with a few expletives - and the funny thing is they then get all offended by someone singing about guns at a game that didn’t involve us! 😂

What a load bollocks. 

The Republican gets the victim card out there’s a shocker, and again missed the whole point of the thread. That must be a record even for a simple minded fool like you  

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Was there any outrage about half of Hampden chanting about being up to their knees in fenian blood on Saturday either?

That's the sort of remark I'd expect to hear from a tarrier in their argument.

Just pointing out like I said I would. 👍