Top 15 Europa League Goals - Dan Candeias v Spartak In

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Morelos away to Aberdeen for me I think but I’m sure I’m forgetting others

That first touch, turn and finish was much harder to achieve than Morelos' one for me.

10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

That first touch, turn and finish was much harder to achieve than Morelos' one for me.

Sublime goal but the quick-thinking and technique involved in Morelos’ finish just pips it for me. There’s a camera angle somewhere showing just how difficult the angle was and he made it effortlessly.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

We fucked them in Moscow but Goldson and Flanagan picked the worst games to have 2 absolute shockers 

And Morelos was miles onside for his disallowed goal. Cunts

On topic: Candeias' goal was class

Nope. The worst player that night was Katic.

I was going through some of our season highlights on the SPFL YouTube a few days ago.  It's really noticeable how often chances come from Candeias pressing opposition defenders.  This combined with his assists and goals makes him a really valuable asset to this team.

Kent and Candeias work really hard in terms of pressing high up the pitch and chasing back to help out their full-backs.  That was absolutely key to making this high intensity 4-3-3 pressing system a success.

Ojo might come in and be better on the ball but will he press with the intensity Candeias does?  I doubt it.  Will Ojo chase back and cover Tavernier as often as Candeias does?  I doubt it.  

I agree we need an alternative to Candeias in the form of a inside forward and Hastie or Ojo will give us that.  But, what Candeias contributes to this team shouldn't be underestimated.  The guy leaves nothing on the pitch and would run through brick walls for us. 

2 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Can’t believe we failed to get out the group. Spartak and Rapid looked no better than a mid table SPL side.

13 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The goal which was wrongly chopped off in Moscow was the best one foe me. Candeias ball was world class.

moscow4.gif

moscow5.gif