Price of Football

Ace

The interesting part is our wage to turnover % sitting at 70odd% which is not great, of course based on turnover in our last accounts & not our improved T/O this year.

However, conversely there is also this report ..

Not going to quite the OP as it’s too long, but we only ensure our ‘fitness’ by having King, Park and others underwrite our losses.

We need to ensure that we win the league this season and again try and make the group stages of the Europa League, as it is not sustainable to continue in the manner we are going without sustained European football.

43 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Wonder how the jungle jims would manage that wage bill without champions league dosh?

Also if they made a profit of £15m but sold dembelle for £20m then without that they would be running at a loss also. They can’t keep selling cunts every season the miss out on CL. 

4 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I remember reading a stat once, as much I hate Scottish fucking football, that said Scottish football actually has the highest attendances per capita than any country in the world. 

Money brought in by fans is a drop in the ocean when compared to the TV money other countries get.  We really are being shafted up here.  

50 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I remember reading a stat once, as much I hate Scottish fucking football, that said Scottish football actually has the highest attendances per capita than any country in the world. 

Also heard that .it was a few years ago but don't really see that change much .

I think 4 games against the tarriers skew the figures though .4 times a season 1pc of the total population are at the game 

That's the equivalent of half a million people going to a single EPL game 

29 minutes ago, TMB said:

Money brought in by fans is a drop on the oceans when compared to the TV money other countries get.  We really are being shafted up here.  

The product is shit though.

It's only worth something if there's sufficient demand for it. Plastic pitches, long ball & strong arm tactics, diabolical refs, empty stadiums bar 2 teams etc etc

1 hour ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Eh? Please explain

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah Scotland was highest for years.

I think Iceland and the Faroes are too now?

Quite possibly mate, what Iceland are doing for with their national team is pretty remarkable. Population of just over 300,000 I believe. The suits from the SFA need to be taking a visit and sucking in everything they do, but that would probably make too much sense. 

4 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Also if they made a profit of £15m but sold dembelle for £20m then without that they would be running at a loss also. They can’t keep selling cunts every season the miss out on CL. 

Would that transfer be included? Hope it is, right enough.

2 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Quite possibly mate, what Iceland are doing for with their national team is pretty remarkable. Population of just over 300,000 I believe. The suits from the SFA need to be taking a visit and sucking in everything they do, but that would probably make too much sense. 

Not much to see that we don't know already, all of the Icelandic national team squad are dispersed across Europe so very little tactical discussion. The Icelandic and Scandinavians are big on community clubs and getting the general population involved with fitness and running the clubs. Scotland, with its terrible national obesity rates - it's not the SFA that need to go but the government.

2 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

That with a touch of what the Netherlands do is the way forward. It needs to start at a young age, with football clubs all having full time academies with schools. Plastic pitches banned from the top division is a must too. Obviously I'm talking about improving the quality of the the product as a whole, so a massive problem to overcome would be that parents probably wouldn't trust celtic to have their children for most of the year. 

Football is part of Scottish culture, more so than the likes of bagpipes and crap like that so until the authorities take appropriate action against celtic for their crimes then we will be stuck where we are right now. 

On 29/05/2019 at 16:15, 1690tamRFC said:

If they hadn't sold Dembele they probably wouldn't have spent around £10m on that other Frenchie in the same window. 

Weirdly after a few of us were discussing this last week, stumbled across these figures today about attendances in Scotland. The following graphics shows Scotland IS actually the highest attended country for football in Europe per capita.

Even on head count alone it’s still seventh in the rankings even though there are 23 countries with a higher population. 

1B63D033-70CE-4DC0-BCE0-D68C3507ADEC.jpeg

9F72DB5B-3BF3-4952-9ADC-B8DAB594D320.jpeg