Rick Roberts - Troublesome tribalism: does it matter who asks the questions?

Bad Robot

4 minutes ago, VentyFour said:

Did Partick have a full scale paedophile ring that they covered up for decades, allowing the rape of dozens of children? How many people connected with Partick have been convicted for destroying children's lives by raping them? Did Partick pay off parents to stop them going to the police? Did Partick rehire child abusers, where the abuse happened at their club? Did Partick go into business with convicted paedophiles? Did Partick have links to notorious paedophiles at other clubs in the UK? Did Partick have links to the UKs most infamous paedophile jimmy saville? Did Partick organise fake football tournaments where the purpose of it was to abuse children?

In no way shape or form does what happened at Partick compare to what happened in the East End of Glasgow.

They did cover up allegations of abuse by their physio and only reported it to police some 20 years later.

They did continue to do business with that physio after he was sacked by the club, and they paid tribute to him in their programme after his death.

They may well have had links with other abusers. No thorough cross-border investigation has been completed as far as I know.

Not sure why any of that means they shouldn't also be punished mind you.

3 hours ago, Rambo1872 said:

Hoping a media crowdfunder comes along and we can contribute to a documentary laying bare all the dirt, interviews with the victims and their families. There is the sister of one of the celtic fc victims on twitter who constantly gets abuse because she wants someone to be held responsible for her brother. Think her and the guys mum runs it. Think he may have commited suicide over it all.

If your taking about Michelle Gray and her mum they do get a lot of abuse; however Andrew didn't take his own life, it was a tragic accident while he was on holiday.  

1 hour ago, VentyFour said:

Nobody has said they shouldn't be punished, in fact from what I'm reading the general consensus is that every club should be investigated and punished if found to be guilty, including us. I don't know why you're trying to deflect away from the biggest paedophile ring in football history, or trying to make it a Rangers/celtic problem. Obviously we should be using the biggest case to bring light to the whole situation. The victims deserve it. 

I think that most of the ‘point scoring’ brigade don’t seem to realise that we want any club punished if their inactions, omissions and any cover up put additional children at risk, including us.

I think hibs acted criminally when they knew about Neely but did not inform the police and no cunt else especially us.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So no sporting sanctions or 'shutting them down', old bean?

If we were to be found guilty of the crimes the other club across the city has then I would fully expect us to be dealt with in the harshest terms, whether that's closed down, demoted whatever and I wouldn't be against that either

1 hour ago, VentyFour said:

Nobody has said they shouldn't be punished, in fact from what I'm reading the general consensus is that every club should be investigated and punished if found to be guilty, including us. I don't know why you're trying to deflect away from the biggest paedophile ring in football history, or trying to make it a Rangers/celtic problem. Obviously we should be using the biggest case to bring light to the whole situation. The victims deserve it. 

Interesting. I'm sure then that I'll find many threads on here highlighting it at Partick. And Hibs. And Falkirk. And Hutchie Vale. And christ knows where else within Scottish football - never mind within Britain.

Is it the 'biggest paedophile ring in football history'? Despite the FA's protestations otherwise, it looks as though there may have been an even bigger one down south (which celtic and former Rangers employees have been linked to).

Just now, rabc10000 said:

If we were to be found guilty of the crimes the other club across the city has then I would fully expect us to be dealt with in the harshest terms, whether that's closed down, demoted whatever and I wouldn't be against that either

What about those at Partick and Hibs?

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So no sporting sanctions or 'shutting them down', old bean?

That would be up to the enquiry. 

But yes they should face sporting sanctions. I’ve said one league demotion, million pound fine to go to child abuse charities and 4 transfer window ban would be justice. 

Far more level headed punishment than they gave us for disputing a tax bill. 

35 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I think that most of the ‘point scoring’ brigade don’t seem to realise that we want any club punished if their inactions, omissions and any cover up put additional children at risk, including us.

I think hibs acted criminally when they knew about Neely but did not inform the police and no cunt else especially us.

And that is the problem for the whataboutery brigade. 

Of which we seem to have unearthed a few from our ranks which is saddening to say the least. 

8 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You would think that Rangers had no supporters anywhere in any senior position reading that blog - only them, and every other team supporting them as a default of not supporting us, has any influence. Utter non-sense.

Basically another paranoid posting pandering to the blue paranoia that is growing in our support. 

8 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

List them.

tenor.gif

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That would be up to the enquiry. 

But yes they should face sporting sanctions. I’ve said one league demotion, million pound fine to go to child abuse charities and 4 transfer window ban would be justice. 

Far more level headed punishment than they gave us for disputing a tax bill. 

In what way is a registration ban 'justice'? 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

And that is the problem for the whataboutery brigade. 

Of which we seem to have unearthed a few from our ranks which is saddening to say the least. 

I see the dude was answered with the following re Partick but then he’s added hibs to the mix, and then other clubs who arguably are provisional clubs and not one of the biggest in the country and certainly the richest. 

Did Partick have a full scale paedophile ring that they covered up for decades, allowing the rape of dozens of children? How many people connected with Partick have been convicted for destroying children's lives by raping them? Did Partick pay off parents to stop them going to the police? Did Partick rehire child abusers, where the abuse happened at their club? Did Partick go into business with convicted paedophiles? Did Partick have links to notorious paedophiles at other clubs in the UK? Did Partick have links to the UKs most infamous paedophile jimmy saville? Did Partick organise fake football tournaments where the purpose of it was to abuse children?

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why are trying so hard to deflect away from the proven peado ring at Scum FC???  

Biggest in UK sporting history, I’ve yet to see another club have 14 ex coaches or staff implicated in a peado ring so yes I have no worries claiming Scum FC are the biggest scandal in sporting history  

A full enquiry would look at all those clubs you’ve mentioned and dish out appropriate punishment. 

You sound like you would rather just forget about it all, strange stance to take. 

An enquiry wouldnt have any power to punish celtic unless it was done under the auspices of the Scottish FA. 

No idea how wanting EVERY club punished is me just wanting to forget about it all. Youll need to explain that logic. 

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I see the dude was answered with the following re Partick but then he’s added hibs to the mix, and then other clubs who arguably are provisional clubs and not one of the biggest in the country and certainly the richest. 

Did Partick have a full scale paedophile ring that they covered up for decades, allowing the rape of dozens of children? How many people connected with Partick have been convicted for destroying children's lives by raping them? Did Partick pay off parents to stop them going to the police? Did Partick rehire child abusers, where the abuse happened at their club? Did Partick go into business with convicted paedophiles? Did Partick have links to notorious paedophiles at other clubs in the UK? Did Partick have links to the UKs most infamous paedophile jimmy saville? Did Partick organise fake football tournaments where the purpose of it was to abuse children?

Does being a provincial club make child abuse acceptable? Should only the richest be punished for it? Not really justice, is it? 

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why are trying so hard to deflect away from the proven peado ring at Scum FC???  

Biggest in UK sporting history, I’ve yet to see another club have 14 ex coaches or staff implicated in a peado ring so yes I have no worries claiming Scum FC are the biggest scandal in sporting history  

A full enquiry would look at all those clubs you’ve mentioned and dish out appropriate punishment. 

You sound like you would rather just forget about it all, strange stance to take. 

His mask is slipping. We already know he is a man of no integrity by taking the money from the daily record, now we're starting to see why he made that choice.

He's got an awful lot to say for just a "football blogger". Anyone standing in the way of this deserves to be thrown to the fire.

Just now, The Dude said:

Does being a provincial club make chuld abuse acceptable? Should only the richest be punished for it? Not really justice, is it? 

No certainly not and that was an easy but very predictable response.

1 minute ago, VentyFour said:

His mask is slipping. We already know he is a man of no integrity by taking the money from the daily record, now we're starting to see why he made that choice.

He's got an awful lot to say for just a "football blogger". Anyone standing in the way of this deserves to be thrown to the fire.

Well surely as a man of integrity, youll be happy to publish your name and employer. 

You seen surprised that someone paid to have an opinion has an opinion. Odd. 

2 minutes ago, VentyFour said:

@The Dude this fella is doubting your integrity, inty him.

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

An enquiry wouldnt have any power to punish celtic unless it was done under the auspices of the Scottish FA. 

No idea how wanting EVERY club punished is me just wanting to forget about it all. Youll need to explain that logic. 

You come on every thread about this scandal and deflect from the discussion with your whataboutery. 

Pretty simple logic right there. 

Well the Scottish FA has a great track record of over punishing a member club before they are even found guilty or innocent, so punishing a club that is bang to rights shouldn’t be too hard for them.