*****Official Women's World Cup 2019****

3 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Erin Cuthbert scores, and is then out pulling and kissing a photo (that was posted on another section a few days ago) of her as a wee lassie outside Ibrox.

"Sometimes you do forget how important all this is to them, though. My dad Steve is the most outwardly unemotional man in the world - apparently he didn't even get out of his seat when I scored - but even though he is Northern Irish, I know the big man would have been bursting inside.

Anyway, he was helping me load up my bags in the car and it felt like I was moving out again. He said 'don't leave without saying goodbye' and disappeared back into the house, which I thought was strange. Then he came out and gave me this wee picture, maybe about the size of a bank card, of me when I was a kid outside Ibrox with a Rangers 'trackie' on. He said to me, 'I know how much you say you do it for us, but you have to do it for yourself' and he had written on the back of this picture 'Do it for this wee girl who had a dream and practised and practised until it came true'. It had two Xs and two Os on it - he's never sent me an X on a text in my whole life!"