Hodson and others

Saw on news tonight that he returns from St Mirren to Rangers after his loan spell. This reminded me that we have a host like him - Holt, Dodoo, Coulibaly, Herrera, Alnwick etc that will very probably never play for us again.

Have any of the above been quietly released or moved on? Over half a team there.

15 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Saw on news tonight that he returns from St Mirren to Rangers after his loan spell. This reminded me that we have a host like him - Holt, Dodoo, Coulibaly, Herrera, Alnwick etc that will very probably never play for us again.

Have any of the above been quietly released or moved on? Over half a team there.

Theres a couple out of contract but still loads contracted til next summer.

News stories re the ones quoted:

Hodson - Wanted by St Midden, told to find new club.

Holt - Fleetwood want him permanently, told to find new club.

Dodoo - Blackpool manager mentioned wants him on loan again.

Herrera - Story that we were trying to cancel his contract, seen him quoted on a much higher wage than I’d expected.

Alnwick - Been good there, might keep him with Foderingham supposedly leaving but supposedly doesn’t want to sit on the bench again.

Coulibaly - End of loan, unlikely to be interested.

Ryan Hardie, Rossiter, Barjonas and several youth team also returning - fuck knows what will happen with them.

6 hours ago, BEE said:

News stories re the ones quoted:

Hodson - Wanted by St Midden, told to find new club.

Holt - Fleetwood want him permanently, told to find new club.

Dodoo - Blackpool manager mentioned wants him on loan again.

Herrera - Story that we were trying to cancel his contract, seen him quoted on a much higher wage than I’d expected.

Alnwick - Been good there, might keep him with Foderingham supposedly leaving but supposedly doesn’t want to sit on the bench again.

Coulibaly - End of loan, unlikely to be interested.

Ryan Hardie, Rossiter, Barjonas and several youth team also returning - fuck knows what will happen with them.

We also have Greg Docherty coming back, so it will be very interesting to see what we do with him and Rossiter. I think with those two it will give us around 14-15 midfielders on our books, and that doesn't include Barjonas, Stephen Kelly, Cammy Palmer. who have been getting big raps lately. I wouldn't be surprised if Hardie, Barjonas, Rudden, Docherty, and Rossiter could be loaned out again.

25 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

We also have Greg Docherty coming back, so it will be very interesting to see what we do with him and Rossiter. I think with those two it will give us around 14-15 midfielders on our books, and that doesn't include Barjonas, Stephen Kelly, Cammy Palmer. who have been getting big raps lately. I wouldn't be surprised if Hardie, Barjonas, Rudden, Docherty, and Rossiter could be loaned out again.

Hardie is out of contract so he would need a new deal the rest I could see going out on loan again though. 

5 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Hardie is out of contract so he would need a new deal the rest I could see going out on loan again though. 

I am sure he has a deal until January 2020 with us, so it wouldn't surprise me to see Livingston try to grab him on a full transfer before the season starts if the price is right, or get him on loan if we extend his contract soon.

26 minutes ago, LoyalRanger86 said:

Barjonas is away 

Where did this information come from, and where has he gone to? because according to both the club site, and Wiki, he's still at Rangers.

4 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I didn’t include Docherty as it’s looking pretty clear he’ll be in the squad next season.

I think it’s last chance for Rossiter, been good at Bury so don’t see harm in looking over him pre-season then deciding on selling/keeping.

3 minutes ago, BEE said:

I didn’t include Docherty as it’s looking pretty clear he’ll be in the squad next season.

I think it’s last chance for Rossiter, been good at Bury so don’t see harm in looking over him pre-season then deciding on selling/keeping.

I will agree with all that,Bee; The thing in Rossiter's favour is that Gerrard clearly thinks highly of the lad, so another loan to an English club in a higher division might be a good thing for young Jordan.

5 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I will agree with all that,Bee; The thing in Rossiter's favour is that Gerrard clearly thinks highly of the lad, so another loan to an English club in a higher division might be a good thing for young Jordan.

His wage is supposedly (relatively) massive - I don’t think that’s sustainable as Bury were only picking up something daft like 20%.

1 hour ago, BEE said:

His wage is supposedly (relatively) massive - I don’t think that’s sustainable as Bury were only picking up something daft like 20%.

If that is the case, then Gerrard will have to put a good argument to the board as to why he isn't put on the transfer list. I would rather we try to sell him now and recoup something back instead of him leaving on a free when his contract runs out in May 2020. I definitely think there's a player there, but we can't afford the luxury of waiting 5 years to find out.

57 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Mind he had one semi decent game against the taigs in the league cup 

18 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

If that is the case, then Gerrard will have to put a good argument to the board as to why he isn't put on the transfer list. I would rather we try to sell him now and recoup something back instead of him leaving on a free when his contract runs out in May 2020. I definitely think there's a player there, but we can't afford the luxury of waiting 5 years to find out.

Agree with both, want him to be the player I think he might be - but he doesn’t get ahead of what we have in the squad.

2 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

thought saw he (Barjonas) played recently for youths vs bead rattlers

I have no idea where LoyalRanger86 got the information from that Barjonas was gone, because as far as I know, he is still on our payroll.

It’s insane that after a year of Gerrard being in charge that we are still stuck with so much deadwood. Just shows how much of a mess we were in under Warburton and Caixinha, although saying that that the likes of Barasic, Grezda, Lafferty & Polster were all signed by Gerrard but have offered next to nothing and now just a drain on resources.

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

It’s insane that after a year of Gerrard being in charge that we are still stuck with so much deadwood. Just shows how much of a mess we were in under Warburton and Caixinha, although saying that that the likes of Barasic, Grezda, Lafferty & Polster were all signed by Gerrard but have offered next to nothing and now just a drain on resources.

Perhaps a bit harsh on Polster he is cover for the best right back in the league and shouldn't be expected to play much. 

The rest I agree with though Barasic has been a huge disappointment to be honest