54 is plenty enough.

16 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The amount of people on here deleting the word 'tarrier' right now after reading.

Great achievement btw.

By far the best event I've been involved in, the camaraderie and people generally going out their way to make you succeed is phenomenal. 

9 minutes ago, DerekJohnstone said:

Always looking for Volunteers and participants 🤔😁

Take me a real good while in training mate to get fit for that mate.Look fit, nae real stamina anymore. Still a stunner at half a hunner btw. 😀

I would be wanting a flask of soup and pieces half way just driving 54 miles. 😉

1 minute ago, SonOfLuther said:

Take me a real good while in training mate to get fit for that mate.Look fit, nae real stamina anymore. Still a stunner at half a hunner btw. 😀

I would be wanting a flask of soup and pieces half way just driving 54 miles. 😉

Something to train for? I'm 53 and can still compete with the youngsters, more mental than physical imo. They do a haggis supper near the 30 mile mark 😉

8 minutes ago, DerekJohnstone said:

Something to train for? I'm 53 and can still compete with the youngsters, more mental than physical imo. They do a haggis supper near the 30 mile mark 😉

I agree mate, mostly in the mind.

I currently have an arm out it's socket and getting injections.

Injuries elsewhere through my lifetime would defo see me in training for a while.

When I'm on a more sound financial footing again, I can contribute better financially.

Time being, it's small donations I'm afraid at sporadic intervals.

That is the best I can do mate, for now  😎 :UK:

4 minutes ago, SonOfLuther said:

I agree mate, mostly in the mind.

I currently have an arm out it's socket and getting injections.

Injuries elsewhere through my lifetime would defo see me in training for a while.

When I'm on a more sound financial footing again, I can contribute better financially.

Time being, it's small donations I'm afraid at sporadic intervals.

That is the best I can do mate, for now  😎 :UK:

Sometimes it isn't all about the money, better getting people involved and spreading the word has a much bigger effect. Thank you for your support. 😎

1 minute ago, DerekJohnstone said:

Sometimes it isn't all about the money, better getting people involved and spreading the word has a much bigger effect. Thank you for your support. 😎

100% agree about creating awareness.

Those familiar with my posts elsewhere will agree.👍

I will share your endeavours with many mate, video will be a must when I do.

You're all outstanding people. 😎

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Got me interested in this, may just have a crack at this next year if I can keep the back in one piece. 

Can do a good 20mile hike at the moment, good steady increase for next year should see me get it done. 

Well if you need any tips or struggling for a team give us a shout. :dance:

2 hours ago, DerekJohnstone said:

As a fellow auld cunt this has piqued my interest and I would be interested in joining in next year if I am able to get over. Looks like great fun although the real pain that will kick in after the event will probably not be so pleasant. 

You should post earlier next year to maybe give people who want to join in a chance to get ready and to remind them about it. 

All the best mate I will send a donation when I get my laptop unpacked (just emigrated) and I get access to my bank :tu:

8 hours ago, DerekJohnstone said:

2017: ........My daughter popping by for support, 36 mile checkpoint starving, “what they got for food“…”it’s alright dad, we’ve eaten”.    

Due to the click bait, I’ll donate, but not on your behalf but yer daughter’s 😀