Glenn Middleton Joining Doncaster Rovers On Loan

Unfortunately I think this could be the end for Glenn , let’s be honest he’s been keeping his head above water the full second half of the season with goals for the reserves , constant first team football in my opinion (hope I’m wrong ) will find him out more than help him , I’d predict he won’t be getting a game for Doncaster by the end of October 

1 hour ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Don’t get these loans to lower league English clubs.

Get him at Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs in the league where we actually play and can see if he’s good enough for it.

Would also help take points off the tarriers as well as not being able to play against us.

Rangers have employees who’s job is to watch the loan players so Gerrard will be fully aware of his progress , agree with your second point although I don’t think Glenn would be the lad to do it 

Sorry to see him go on loan. He loves Rangers and playing for Rangers. End of the season he was playing 3 games a week for our various teams and banging goals in by the shitload.

Think he was good enough to be a back up first team squad member. Great at beating defenders. Excellent crosses. Precise corners.

In the gaffer we trust though.

9 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I think he'd have the same problem there as he would here - at Doncaster I would imagine he's got a better chance at first team football. 

Yeah I don't see him getting a run of games at a championship level team. 

He needs to be playing regular and I think Doncaster will give him that. 

1 hour ago, middli said:

I would rather have Middleton than Jordon Jones tbh

Watched the NI game lastnight,Jones had another good game,can beat FBs and crosses wi either foot,he's good at holding the ball up if needs be and tracked back to make a couple of cracking defensive tackles.

The negative comments about his loan move are ridiculous. He's only just turned 19 and still developing, from the appearances he made last season most can quite easily see there's talent there. Wouldn't be like our support to slaughter our youngsters and not be patient with them eh 🤦‍♂️

I get the comments about him maybe playing at an spl team but standard is similar and it's a good move. 

2 hours ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

I'm a fan of Middleton. He was the only winger we had last season that would be able to beat a full back with his pace and get a ball in from the bye line. He was something a bit different to the other wingers we have, who all tended to cut inside and play everything in front of the opposition defence. Think he's a brilliant wee player with so much potential.

After finding out that he was going out on loan, I was hoping a higher calibre of club would come in for him than Doncaster Rovers though. Bit underwhelmed by that. Was hoping for English Championship level or staying at a club here in the SPL to help take points off our enemies. Anyway, it'll be what it'll be for now and I hope he does well.

If he was capable of walking into an English championship side I doubt we'd be loaning him out. He's still raw but there's potential there to be a right good winger or no 10.

16 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Unfortunately I think this could be the end for Glenn , let’s be honest he’s been keeping his head above water the full second half of the season with goals for the reserves , constant first team football in my opinion (hope I’m wrong ) will find him out more than help him , I’d predict he won’t be getting a game for Doncaster by the end of October 

What a load of shite, he’s only 19 and you’ve already totally written him off 😂

16 hours ago, Cedrick said:

He'll be too good for that league. The boy has pace to burn and an eye for goal. Just needs to vary his game a bit but he'll do well at some club in the future and it would be good if it was us

29 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

We’ll see 

Daniel James went on loan to Shrewsbury and couldnt get a game. Fast forward 2 years and hes gone to Man U for 15 million. Silly to write a player off so quickly when he has so much in his locker, he needs regular games and experience before he can be a regular with us and its pointless him kicking about in the unders, he left norwich for first team football anyway.

Just now, stevemac said:

Daniel James went on loan to Shrewsbury and couldnt get a game. Fast forward 2 years and hes gone to Man U for 15 million. Silly to write a player off so quickly when he has so much in his locker, he needs regular games and experience before he can be a regular with us and its pointless him kicking about in the unders, he left norwich for first team football anyway.

What’s he got in his locker ? 

Just now, Cedrick said:

What’s he got in his locker ? 

he is absolutely rapid. He is a well balanced player that can beat a man and he has an alright finish for a winger. Regular gametime can improve his all round game and hopefully playing in a more open league rather than compact, 10 men behind the ball type defences. Hopefully he can be utilised in a no.10 role during his loan so we can see if he develops for us to use him there.