Glenn Middleton Joining Doncaster Rovers On Loan

Bronzy

On 13/06/2019 at 12:59, Courtyard Bear said:

No I was right enough, you haven’t a clue. 

Someone that said Glen Middleton will be a top class number 10 telling someone else they haven’t a clue , up there with the best banter I’ve seen on here 👍🏻👌🏻😂

5 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Someone that said Glen Middleton will be a top class number 10 telling someone else they haven’t a clue , up there with the best banter I’ve seen on here 👍🏻👌🏻😂

You always this late to a conversation. 

Way to make a fool of yourself, and I must’ve missed that Middletons career is over. 

Plenty of time for the lad to make it at ibrox.

Would like to see him move down south on loan for the season but that doesn't mean he can't come back up the road and win a place in the Rangers side in the future.

He's got lots still to learn but I'm a fan of him.....especially his directness.

17 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Gerrard promoted him to the first team squad a season/or two too early. 

That didn’t help his development. Hopefully he can kick on from now 

I wouldnt agree with that, seeing him play against celtic in the cup final, he was a class above the rest, playing in europe and domestic football, would help any kids development, he has his first first team season behind him now, so yeah hopefully he kicks on.

I think he was promoted to the first team last summer as much for the exposure to that type of environment than anything else, but with the intention to still play him in a lot of development teams.

Think the injury to Murphy and Grezda not working out meant he was thrown into  first team action more than SG would have liked to have given him so quickly.

For the most part though he didn't look out of place (especially in Europe) and I personally think a season out on loan now will see him come back to us a much more rounded player and ready to be much more involved in the quest for #56. 

5 hours ago, Fergie_6 said:

I wouldnt agree with that, seeing him play against celtic in the cup final, he was a class above the rest, playing in europe and domestic football, would help any kids development, he has his first first team season behind him now, so yeah hopefully he kicks on.

What cup final?

Except for the very talented 17/18yr olds - playing games, making mistakes, improving consistency and learning day to day about tactics is what the development squad is for 

Not sitting on a bench watching or getting the odd sub appearance here and there. He’s a few things to work on but not at the behest of first team squad football. 

The loan will do him good if he plays every week and hopefully we will see him return a more consistent player 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

What cup final?

Except for the very talented 17/18yr olds - playing games, making mistakes, improving consistency and learning day to day about tactics is what the development squad is for 

Not sitting on a bench watching or getting the odd sub appearance here and there. He’s a few things to work on but not at the behest of first team squad football. 

The loan will do him good if he plays every week and hopefully we will see him return a more consistent player 

Youth cup final, when he wasnt in the first team squad, he was playing games with the development team, consistently is what need from him.

9 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

Youth cup final, when he wasnt in the first team squad, he was playing games with the development team, consistency is what we need from him.

👍

On the money mate ......  Along with the rest of the team .... its  lack of .... was what fucked us up last season .... big time.

:UK:

1 hour ago, Fergie_6 said:

Youth cup final, when he wasnt in the first team squad, he was playing games with the development team, consistently is what need from him.

Erm. I’m pretty sure he didn’t play in the youth cup final against that lot. 

I agree consistency is what we need from him   The loan will do him good

44 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Erm. I’m pretty sure he didn’t play in the youth cup final against that lot. 

I agree consistency is what we need from him   The loan will do him good

Then you clearly didn't watch the final.