LICENCE PROBE SFA to make decision on Rangers 2011 Uefa licence

Smile

IAN MAXWELL has revealed the SFA could make a decision soon on whether to pursue Rangers over alleged irregularities in the club's application for a Uefa licence in 2011.

It is two years since the ruling body asked its compliance officer to investigate the affair, which centres on the club having had an unpaid tax liability at the time they submitted their application.

Had it been disclosed at the time, celtic rather than Rangers would have been entered into the Champions League qualifying rounds by the SFA for the following season.

Rangers claimed that the Five-Way agreement signed in 2012 by the SFA, the SPL, the SFL, the old Rangers and the Newco formed by Charles Green meant that the SFA had no jurisdiction in this matter.

Last July the SFA’s judicial panel agreed that it must be referred to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Switzerland if they intended to punish the club.

And yesterday SFA chief exec Maxwell said: “I would expect that to come back to the board in the not too distant future.

“It [going to CAS] is still under consideration. We’ll come back on that in due course.

"I wouldn’t want to put a timescale on it . . . but I don’t think we would let it go for ever.”

KC_IBROX_STADIUM_GVs__002JPG-JS362747971