LICENCE PROBE SFA to make decision on Rangers 2011 Uefa licence

Smile

5 hours ago, the cry was no said:

I, for one, would like to see him asked (preferably by Police Scotland)

" are you aware of any payments made to parents of victims of child sex abuse as part of an NDA between celtic FC (on behalf of celtic Boys Club) and in relation to a criminal offence that occurred in the USA in the early 90s when you were Financial Controller at CFC during your first spell at there? Further were you aware of several large payments made to The Trophy Centre during your first period at CFC and did the goods received for these payments legitimately match and justify the amounts paid to TTC?"

In simple terms - "were you aware of/part of a cover up of child sex abuse? were you aware of/ involved in a money laundering scheme?"

He may well be innocent but then again he may be in deeper than is thought.

Was Liewell the Cellic Financial Controller when they installed their EBT and phantom Film Company schemes and why was this never investigated by HMRC?...............as if we didn't know🤮

Just now, Blumhoilann said:

Was Liewell the Cellic Financial Controller when they installed their EBT and phantom Film Company schemes and why was this never investigated by HMRC?...............as if we didn't know🤮

No. He was chief executive. 

EBT (Juninho) was investigated and they paid the amount HMRC said was due.

Film companies were investigated and tax bills issued. That's all HMRC are interested in. They got what they wanted so no interest in investigating further

34 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I’m talking about the thread topic re the licence probe 

It doesn't fall if it is at the sports court it continues until they put an end to it, personally I would tell the sfa we are applying to the CoS for a ruling on this...and the conduct of the SFA, uefa would rip the sfa a new one. 

6 minutes ago, backup said:

It doesn't fall if it is at the sports court it continues until they put an end to it, personally I would tell the sfa we are applying to the CoS for a ruling on this...and the conduct of the SFA, uefa would rip the sfa a new one. 

I would imagine the time they’ve pondered on it would see them criticised regardless of the content 

16 hours ago, The Dude said:

Regardless of the reasons, the sanctions imposed were later withdrawn.

Although it's not quite as simple as 'due process not being followed'. Some were waived as a result of Penn State's "progress" in dealing with the aftermath while others were lifted - to quote the NCAA - to "maintain Athletic integrity. "

Either way, many of the sanctions listed by our resident crackpot were lifted. And she's been told this repeatedly. 

Ive not been told anything repeatedly  and calling me names weakens your counter argument with LiverpoolBlue. Can you answer my question now.........

16 hours ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

Only because 'Due process' hadn't been followed ...

Agreed. :tu:

5 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Ive not been told anything repeatedly  and calling me names weakens your counter argument with LiverpoolBlue. Can you answer my question now.........

Agreed. :tu:

You have been. Every tine you mention Penn State you're told their sanctions were lifted yet you insist on bringing them. The very next paragraph of the wiki article you copy and pasted also has the same information. 

Not sure why you agree with Liverpool blue about it being down to due process not being followed when it's a matter kd public record that it isnt the case. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Not sure why you agree with Liverpool blue about it being down to due process not being followed when it's a matter kd public record that it isnt the case. 

Depends on how someone who knows little of 'legal jargon' views the term, but DUE PROCESS was the term used in the quoted link.  

However looking at various other websites, what I get from why the titles were reinstated, one big reason was so the $60M fine could be  used for  "ending litigation that had held up distribution of the university's $60 million fine to fund child abuse-prevention programs."https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/ncaa/joe-paterno-again-winningest-coach-penn-states-112-wins-restored

But the prison sentences for both the perpetrators and the 'administrators' who 'never lifted the phone' were upheld .."They ignored the opportunity to put an end to his crimes when they had a chance to do so," Judge John Boccabella said as he lambasted the three defendants and the Hall of Fame coach over a delay that prosecutors say enabled Sandusky to molest four more boys.https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/penn-state-nittany-lions/3-ex-penn-state-officials-sent-jail-jerry-sandusky-scandal

AND as the say, the mud has stuck.

19 hours ago, The Dude said:

You have been. Every tine you mention Penn State you're told their sanctions were lifted yet you insist on bringing them. The very next paragraph of the wiki article you copy and pasted also has the same information. 

I agree with Liverpool Blue that due process hadn't been followed, which is why the sanctions were overturned.  .

In my humble opinion, the NCAA didn't follow procedure, instead of going through the normal channels. the police, courts, compensation scheme, then NCAA probe and sanctions. 

The NCAA president decided to capitalised on the situation by leading a probe with some other executives who dished out sanctions which were unprecedented at the time. By doing this it put Penn State in a position that blocked them from defending themselves with the NCAA. Rangers were treated in this way when the SPL/SFA sanctioned the club for the tax case before any court had given a ruling.

The celtic abuse scandal mirrors that of Penn State but it's for the courts to deal with the perpetrators and those who aided and abetted by covering up the crime. It's also the judge that will enforce that celtic take responsibility and set up compensation scheme for their victims. Only then should the SPFL/SFA do a probe and give out sanctions.