Rangers Provide Scotland Support With More Fans Than celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts

12 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

Disagree with this. I support Scotland and a very high % of my Rangers supporting mates support Scotland. Would say it's far higher than 50% for Scottish Rangers fans. The Louder minority always seems more vast though. Saying that, the percentage has definitely lowered from 2008-now.

But Scotland fans or SSC?

3 minutes ago, bouncy said:

Just you stick to writing for the daily rebel mate 

Em...ok.

I've no idea if this is supposed to be some sort of cutting putdown based on the fact that I make a living from getting paid to watch Rangers, write about Rangers and talk about Rangers.

Also, probably worth mentioning I've not written for the Record in months.

Other than though mate, top marks for effort. 😂

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Em...ok.

I've no idea if this is supposed to be some sort of cutting putdown based on the fact that I make a living from getting paid to watch Rangers, write about Rangers and talk about Rangers.

Also, probably worth mentioning I've not written for the Record in months.

Other than though mate, top marks for effort. 😂

good for you 🙂 

6 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

to be fair I literally know one person in the SSC.

I want Scotland to do well,. but the elephant in the room is the politics which follow Scotland's Tartan Army and SNP brigade

then the thoughts on Rangers as a club.

that last Scotland 2-2 England match I didn't know what side I was in at times

weird experience 

9 minutes ago, bouncy said:

I want Scotland to do well,. but the elephant in the room is the politics which follow Scotland's Tartan Army and SNP brigade

then the thoughts on Rangers as a club.

that last Scotland 2-2 England match I didn't know what side I was in at times

weird experience 

I try my best to ignore the politics. But the last 2 years I've just became less and less concerned.

9 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Like many Bears I used to be quite passionate about Scotland but I have had no interest in them for the last 10 years or so. 

Likewise really, was 5 when they last made a major tournament, the couple of years we had first Smith then Mcleish were the most I have supported the national team, was gutted when we didn't qualify in 2008.

Now I couldn't really care what happens to them.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

As are fans of every club in the country.

Depends what we’re talking about. 

If it’s what club you support, then yes. If it’s what club you hate, then it’s a different story. United by their obsession. 

4 hours ago, Burts91 said:

Disagree with this. I support Scotland and a very high % of my Rangers supporting mates support Scotland. Would say it's far higher than 50% for Scottish Rangers fans. The Louder minority always seems more vast though. Saying that, the percentage has definitely lowered from 2008-now.

Yeah well I don’t support Scotland and virtually every single one of my Rangers supporting friends are the same. Anecdotes mean nothing. 

4 hours ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

If a significant minority of Bears can support the SNP then hardly surprising some support the Scottish national side in spite of the SFA being rank rotten from top to bottom.

Personally, over time, I'd like to see us reclaim both our country and the national team from the republican rheptiles.

Exactly. Lets assume for a moment that most celtic fans will lean towards the republic of ireland. That then leaves our fans along with the rest of scottish teams. We have by a country mile the most fans of the remainder of the teams. As Staunch says, if even a small number follow the national team it could easily be more than other sides. Equally we probably have the highest number of fans that don't care. 

22 minutes ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

Yeah well I don’t support Scotland and virtually every single one of my Rangers supporting friends are the same. Anecdotes mean nothing. 

Same for me mate. One or 2 are keener than the rest but not one of them goes to the games now 

4 hours ago, Burts91 said:

Not in my experience. International football is playing 2nd fiddle to club football all over. Doesn't help the team is full of bead rattlers and cant qualify for any tournaments either.

I don’t really know any Rangers fans who actively support the national team as in go to all the games and travel abroad to watch them etc.

Most of our support in my experience either don’t care, dislike them and like to see them get beat, or at best have a casual interest where they watch them on TV and like to see them winning, but aren’t too disheartened if they don’t. 

5 hours ago, OhW said:

We probably have the highest percentage of fans that don’t care about the national team as well. 

Any so called bear that supports the Scottish team nowadays . Bizarre

Love your Country . Stay away from this shower of bheast lovers

From about 4 year old I supported Holland over everyone at national level, I remember being hounded for it during the playoff about 15 year ago when I celebrated Scotland getting pumped.

Started being more bothered about Scotland as I got older then a few years ago realised the child version of me actually chose correctly and I had been an idiot moving away from that. 

I wish every disappointment possible on Steve Clarke, his squad full of rancid players and a fan base who’ll happily boo their own player because he plays for my team or hound out a manager before he’s started because he managed my team over a decade ago.