Rangers Provide Scotland Support With More Fans Than celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts

28 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

From about 4 year old I supported Holland over everyone at national level, I remember being hounded for it during the playoff about 15 year ago when I celebrated Scotland getting pumped.

Started being more bothered about Scotland as I got older then a few years ago realised the child version of me actually chose correctly and I had been an idiot moving away from that. 

I wish every disappointment possible on Steve Clarke, his squad full of rancid players and a fan base who’ll happily boo their own player because he plays for my team or hound out a manager before he’s started because he managed my team over a decade ago.

Same here, I have loved Holland for years, since I was a kid. Growing up Van Basten, Rijkard, Gullit and Koeman (the good 1, not the shit 1) were my favourite players. I even supported AC Milan also coz 3 of them played for them.

4 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

Same here, I have loved Holland for years, since I was a kid. Growing up Van Basten, Rijkard, Gullit and Koeman (the good 1, not the shit 1) were my favourite players. I even supported AC Milan also coz 3 of them played for them.

I liked Holland and AC Milan for the same reasons, but 'supported'? Fuck me.

Depressing state of affairs when some sad cunt cheers another country over his own (I realise that was the guy you're quoting not you).

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Depressing state of affairs when some sad cunt cheers another country over his own (I realise that was the guy you're quoting not you).

I was drawn to them as a kid when we had all the Dutch players at Rangers, Van Bronckhorst was my favourite player here and all my favourite players abroad seemed to be Dutch. Orange kit probably helped as well.

I’d never have wanted anything but success for Scotland before though, these days I’d find it hard to wish them anything but embarrassment hopefully a return to the days of getting turned over by the Faroes.

8 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

Not a lot of data supporting this that i can see.

Maybe owing to our much larger overall support numbers. But i would have thought less than 50% our fans care - still a big number.

It's the Supporters Club data, they ask the question what team you follow when you register

6 hours ago, Dickie said:

I honestly don’t know a single Rangers fan that goes to scotland games. Maybe cunts are just registering as Rangers fans to try and embarrass us.

Loads of us go - half the group I go with are Ibrox season ticket holders 

15 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I was drawn to them as a kid when we had all the Dutch players at Rangers, Van Bronckhorst was my favourite player here and all my favourite players abroad seemed to be Dutch. Orange kit probably helped as well.

I’d never have wanted anything but success for Scotland before though, these days I’d find it hard to wish them anything but embarrassment hopefully a return to the days of getting turned over by the Faroes.

Fair enough, my comment was probably a bit harsh there.

26 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I watch England instead of N.Ireland now, as I've said countless times

I think if they played eachother I'd be completely indifferent though. Choosing to literally support a random European country is mad though aye 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

I think if they played eachother I'd be completely indifferent though. Choosing to literally support a random European country is mad though aye 

Interesting, I'm Scottish, but have no interest in the national team, your post, what's gone wrong?

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

I've read that from you but I can't relate. 

In some sense I support all the home nations in that I'd want us all to qualify for every tournament, and I was wanting England to win against Croatia last summer though not sure I'd have wanted them to win the final. But I'd want any of NI, Scotland or Wales to hammer England. 

I hear the argument about the SFA or finding it difficult to support celtic players in any capacity etc., but it's unthinkable to me than someone Scottish could support England fervently and over Scotland.

1 minute ago, 2nd Flute said:

Interesting, I'm Scottish, but have no interest in the national team, your post, what's gone wrong?

I used to be quite passionate about supporting N.Ireland but genuinely when shit hit the fan with Rangers in 2012 I didn't find myself caring about anything else footballing wise mate. 

I began to resent anything and anyone that was seen to be harming the club and that included the captain of N.Ireland and the useless big cunt that played up front. Those two along with the likes of McGinn being in the team have completely drove me away from it and I don't know if it'll recover at any stage. 

I realise recently they've found their way back to Rangers and I'll cheer them on while they're here, but the moment they leave again they will return to being nothing to me.

Quite enjoy backing England in major tournaments recently 

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I've read that from you but I can't relate. 

In some sense I support all the home nations in that I'd want us all to qualify for every tournament, and I was wanting England to win against Croatia last summer though not sure I'd have wanted them to win the final. But I'd want any of NI, Scotland or Wales to hammer England. 

I hear the argument about the SFA or finding it difficult to support celtic players in any capacity etc., but it's unthinkable to me than someone Scottish could support England fervently and over Scotland.

Each to their own mate, I just can't get on board with supporting players that have harmed the club or clearly hate it

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I used to be quite passionate about supporting N.Ireland but genuinely when shit hit the fan with Rangers in 2012 I didn't find myself caring about anything else footballing wise mate. 

I began to resent anything and anyone that was seen to be harming the club and that included the captain of N.Ireland and the useless big cunt that played up front. Those two along with the likes of McGinn being in the team have completely drove me away from it and I don't know if it'll recover at any stage. 

I realise recently they've found their way back to Rangers and I'll cheer them on while they're here, but the moment they leave again they will return to being nothing to me.

Quite enjoy backing England in major tournaments recently 

Same mate, however, I cheer when Northern Ireland win, it's mad mate