Welcome Greg Stewart

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Aberdeen were in third when we beat them :lol: By your standard he’ll be shite until he scores a hattrick at the San Giro.

So what if they were 3rd, they were and are fucking honking, stewart came on against young boys last week and look well out of his depth, 

13 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So what if they were 3rd, they were and are fucking honking, stewart came on against young boys last week and look well out of his depth, 

He was on for 20 minutes, most of which was played in our half :lol:

Look mate he's never going to be a regular starter, unless he has a miraculous run of form, but he will come in fixtures that we have struggled in recently and make a difference. The proof in the pudding being the sheep shagger and Hamilton games.

6 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So far he hasn't been a game changer, fucking a shite aberdeen and a shite hamilton at home isnt a game changer

The jury will still be out on him until he can hold down a regular league starting place and performs well in the difficult games, especially the away games 

What if the gaffer doesn't see him as required for away games, is that him failing?  Think based on the above case he'll be deemed a failure by you whilst others, myself included, will deem him a success if he continues doing what he has done in games where defences need unlocked.

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

He was on for 20 minutes, most of which was played in our half :lol:

Look mate he's never going to be a regular starter, unless he has a miraculous run of form, but he will come in fixtures that we have struggled in recently and make a difference. The proof in the pudding being the sheep shagger and Hamilton games.

So when he came on against young boys he didnt change the game? 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What if the gaffer doesn't see him as required for away games, is that him failing?  Think based on the above case he'll be deemed a failure by you whilst others, myself included, will deem him a success if he continues doing what he has done in games where defences need unlocked.

If you are only considered good enough for the home games against garbage teams then you cannot be classed as a game changer, matt polster won posession back twice in advanced areas of the park and never misplaced a pass once, is he a game changer? 

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If you are only considered good enough for the home games against garbage teams then you cannot be classed as a game changer, matt polster won posession back twice in advanced areas of the park and never misplaced a pass once, is he a game changer? 

That last paragraph :lol: fuck me man

source.gif

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I dont care if he's what folk class a game changer. For me its whether he can impact and contribute to wins, home or away, probably where up against a particularly defensive set up . He can only play against the teams he's selected to play against, and if he continues to do what he has done to date I'll be more than happy both with his contribution and classing him as a success.

27 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Deary me 

One of our main issues in recent seasons has been breaking down the lesser teams that put their entire teams behind the ball. If he is coming on and scoring or assisting in games like that then, yes, he is a game changer.

Really strange that you've decided to be negative about a player that's currently doing well for us. Seems like you're laying the groundwork for when he has a bad game and you can come on and spout I told you so pish

31 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We've just spent 7 million quid on a winger who struggled in at least half the games he played in last season home and away :lol:

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Deary me 

One of our main issues in recent seasons has been breaking down the lesser teams that put their entire teams behind the ball. If he is coming on and scoring or assisting in games like that then, yes, he is a game changer.

Really strange that you've decided to be negative about a player that's currently doing well for us. Seems like you're laying the groundwork for when he has a bad game and you can come on and spout I told you so pish

He made a thread last March asking when Gerrard would be sackable :lol:

Totally surprised me. Really surprised at the technical quality he has, I genuinely didn’t think he had the ability to unlock defences the way he done in the last 2 games. 

If he can keep that up we’ll have no problem winning 16 of our 18 home league games if he can score and assist on a consistent basis  against the majority of the league we struggle to beat. 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Totally surprised me. Really surprised at the technical quality he has, I genuinely didn’t think he had the ability to unlock defences the way he done in the last 2 games. 

If he can keep that up we’ll have no problem winning 16 of our 18 home league games if he can score and assist on a consistent basis  against the majority of the league we struggle to beat. 

Guy's got brilliant feet and great in tight situations.  Reads the game well as demonstrated by his shoe-horn pass through to JD.  I think he'll get even better now.

It's hard to knock a player when he plays well and then say it was a shite Aberdeen or Hamilton. He can only play against what's in front of him. When he bombed against East Fife, I feared the worst for him so kudos for rebounding the way he did.  As for Young Boys,  It was the wrong substitution to make at that time.

• 4 months later...

Archived