Welcome Greg Stewart

22 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Tough crowd for him on here but I reckon he'll do well for us.

I had exactly this feeling for Kamara and he’s done not too bad so far, fingers crossed...

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

getting a bad feeling about this summer 

Terrible start. From possibly getting Kent back to signing Greg fucking Stewart. If the tims decide to splash the cash we’re fucked. The thought of Lennon sealing 9IAR is a scary one. 

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Terrible start. From possibly getting Kent back to signing Greg fucking Stewart. If the tims decide to splash the cash we’re fucked. The thought of Lennon sealing 9IAR is a scary one. 

calm down. This transfer happened months ago.

40 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

getting a bad feeling about this summer 

Im happy to have him as a squad player, I reckon he could do ok. But ive got to agree, the complete lack of even any speculation with regards to spending actual money on people who will make the starting 11 better is worrying. Early days and hope im wrong but not looking good. Could be a case of maybe getting Kent and the centre half from Oldham and going with that. And that will not be good enough unfortunately.

I have seen very little of Stewart and can understand why many are not exactly happy with this signing, but we have to hope that Stevie knows what he is doing on this one. 

As long as the 3 or 4 much better quality players that we need are brought in then I can go with this one without much problem. 

Welcome and prove many of us wrong Greg.

1 hour ago, Blue Viking said:

Been waiting everyday to hear the news of a new player coming in to Rangers- this didn't put a smile on my face

Worth it just for some of the GIFs on this thread

:lol:

He'll surprise a few who aren't impressed. Maybe not the quality we are hoping for but the window's got a long way to go yet.

Cant lie and say I've seen much of the boy but will give him the benefit of the doubt. At his age this will be his last big move so he better fucking go at it from the start and shut up those who don't rate him.

I was all for Stewart back in January when Candeias was our only option at RW.  When we signed Hastie I thought we had someone better, and younger, to provide competition for that spot.

Gerrard said quality over quantity (or words to that effect) for this window.  Hastie is being loaned out in favour of Ojo who has been loaned out at various clubs since 2015 making no significant impact at any of them.  We can’t get a deal for Edmundson over the line.  There’s no guarantee of Kent coming back and Jones is a downgrade on him.  Stewart can provide cheap cover in a number of forward positions but he’s not better than what we had last season.

I know it’s early in the window but this is an underwhelming start.  Where’s the 3-4 players of quality that will take us up a level and bring us much needed consistency?  

I sure do hope Gerrard and Allen know what they are doing.   Its early days for the transfer window (including taking account of the pre-season signings), and we've yet to see who else arrives and who departs but if the squad is reckoned to be being improved by transfers-in so far then it seems to me so far to be marginal at best.      Not exactly vaulting high with ambition and quality signings so far.      Too much chaff and not (yet) enough wheat.  

Archived