Welcome Greg Stewart

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Had a good game yesterday - far too early to say how good he'll be long term. 

Dont see folk saying he's made it, or that he'll now be excellent long term etc. But folk were happy enough to write him off before he even played a game for us. A pretty abysmal non-objective welcome to Rangers thread as there had been in a long time.

He showed on Saturday he does have quality, he has the ability and inner strength to do it against a top 6 team at a packed Ibrox when points were crucial. Whether that can continue depends on him getting opportunities and him then delivering.

So I agree with you, it's too early to say he's a success. But in 90 minutes I reckon he's shown he's not shite and demonstrated and justified the quality he has that encouraged the club to sign him in the first place.

Just watched the highlights back and thought he was excellent. Must of had quite a few shots on target. Like how he picks the ball up outside the box, makes a yard of space and gets the shot off. Makes a nice change having someone do that then try and walk it into the net. Made some good runs and good link up play. Scored as well would give his performance a 8/9 out of 10. 

He is essentially an attacking utility player imo.

Can see him putting by a few important goals and assists this season.

Greg isn't a position snob, He will play wherever the manager choses and bust his gut for the cause. 

SG  playing Stewart against his old team and he ripped them apart,  Great man management, Can we have more of this please.😁

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I was even more impressed with him today than last Saturday where he was good.

When we signed Stewart I always maintained that he wouldn't play every game but we would be able to use him effectively in certain games, his touch and awareness today was fantastic, I was alo impressed by his work rate as he was popping up all over the park especially in the 2nd half

Archived