Old Rangers news papers

Don't know if anybody could point me in the right direction on this, I lost my father 3 weeks ago but to cut a long story short, iv been cleaning his house out and come across 100s of old Rangers news papers in a suit case he had in a cupboard, dating back to the early 70s or even before then, I haven't gone through them as I just had a quick look, I didn't even know he had them, is there collectors out there or people who this would interest? Any advice on this from someone that knows about this stuff would be most appreciated. 

Sorry to hear about your loss mate. Sounds like the old man had some collection.

If youre on Facebook you should join the Rangers archives group. Think its run by the Rangers TV commentator Stephen Millar. There are alwsys people posting old clips and articles and such on there and im sure you would find someone interested on there.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Sorry to hear about your loss mate. Sounds like the old man had some collection.

If youre on Facebook you should join the Rangers archives group. Think its run by the Rangers TV commentator Stephen Millar. There are alwsys people posting old clips and articles and such on there and im sure you would find someone interested on there.

Yes thank you for the info on the Facebook thing, il be looking at all avenues before deciding what best to do with these, they are part of his estate and my brother and sister have a say too. 

35 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That's not the RTV commentator 

1 hour ago, bordersbear said:

Sorry for your loss sir. I think they may be quite valuable ie several hundred pounds but not sure. Why not donate them to govanblue to raffle for Erskine?

If they did end up there they would be read cover to cover with the old guys reminiscing all the glory days, and would fill many many hours I would think, sorry to hear of your loss but it may be something to think about.

4 hours ago, superallysbears said:

Don't know if anybody could point me in the right direction on this, I lost my father 3 weeks ago but to cut a long story short, iv been cleaning his house out and come across 100s of old Rangers news papers in a suit case he had in a cupboard, dating back to the early 70s or even before then, I haven't gone through them as I just had a quick look, I didn't even know he had them, is there collectors out there or people who this would interest? Any advice on this from someone that knows about this stuff would be most appreciated. 

Join one of the auction or collectors sites on facebook, mate. You’ll get good value & they’ll go to a good home 

sorry for your loss 

I'd like to post some photos on here of the suit case with the Rangers news papers, iv no idea how to go about this though, or if its even allowed, if it is allowed then could someone please explain to me how to go about this? and il get them up tomorrow just to show people the sheer number that's in the case. 

2 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

I'd like to post some photos on here of the suit case with the Rangers news papers, iv no idea how to go about this though, or if its even allowed, if it is allowed then could someone please explain to me how to go about this? and il get them up tomorrow just to show people the sheer number that's in the case. 

When you go to post, its gives you the option to choose files at the bottom of the box, it'll give you the chance to go to your camera roll.

Sorry for your loss mate.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

When you go to post, its gives you the option to choose files at the bottom of the box, it'll give you the chance to go to your camera roll.

Sorry for your loss mate.

Cheers for the info mate, I'm no to computer savy with this kind of thing, il get them up tomorrow. 

Rangers News 1-500

Early ones 71/72 are good sellers 4 to look out for is the one with Barcelona here we come., the 2 colour specials can sell for up to £20 each, there is also one from August 1975 which is the most valuable because inside is the official programme for Rangers v Hertha Berlin it is worth £30-£50 in decent condition.

On 14/06/2019 at 19:23, pcbear said:

If they did end up there they would be read cover to cover with the old guys reminiscing all the glory days, and would fill many many hours I would think, sorry to hear of your loss but it may be something to think about.

I have some Rangers news and could add some programmes but I would need someone to uplift because I don't drive.

21 minutes ago, Eck the bear said:

I have some Rangers news and could add some programmes but I would need someone to uplift because I don't drive.

It might be worth touching base with govanblue  to see if any old nostalgia stuff would be appreciated for Erskine, he does fantastic stuff drumming up funds for the veterans.