Rangers players you never saw play for us, but for someone else

42 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Second stint at the Bankies (early 90s)

I never realised he went back there, I thought Motherwell was his last gig but I still think him and Russell could have had a couple of seasons more at Ibrox as they were class footballers.

Billy Ritchie , Bobby Watson and Brian Heron all at Motherwell early 70's . Roy Carroll at Linfield , Paul Ritchie at Hearts come to mind as well . Also recall seeing Alfie Conn at Motherwell and Hearts and the Legend Dave Smith with Berwick Rangers but I've got vague memories of them playing on one of my earliest trips to Ibrox .

6 hours ago, murzo said:

You didn’t answer @pcbear‘s question,  you never saw Cooper play for Rangers? If no then you missed out.

Cooper left Ibrox late 80's I assume The Dude  was too young to be attending then. Motherwell for 4 seasons then Clydebank (I still don't remember Cooper playing for them second time) and I am usually sponge like in Rangers info.

9 hours ago, Broxi said:

That is what I am saying 

Sorry Broxi, thought about it after I posted, will depend on age. An old timer like me was finding it hard to see how you would have seen someone like Arteta a playing in England but never at Ibrox

Apologies. 

9 hours ago, murzo said:

You didn’t answer @pcbear‘s question,  you never saw Cooper play for Rangers? If no then you missed out.

Never had the pleasure I'm afraid. Apparently I was at a game Cooper played in as a baby (as in months old) but I was never old enough to see him properly until he returned to Clydebank.

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

Cooper left Ibrox late 80's I assume The Dude  was too young to be attending then. Motherwell for 4 seasons then Clydebank (I still don't remember Cooper playing for them second time) and I am usually sponge like in Rangers info.

IIRC he was still on their books when he died but hadn't played in a month or two.

24 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Daniel Prodan.what a player he was .it wasn't just me that never saw him play for us though 

In the same sort of way, but veering off the thread title, oleg kuznetzov when he played againt us in a friendly. He genuinely looked like one of the worlds best centre halfs, he was absolute class. Signed for us , looked great in his first game and then got a serious injury. Played on and off after that but was never the same player.

3 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

In the same sort of way, but veering off the thread title, oleg kuznetzov when he played againt us in a friendly. He genuinely looked like one of the worlds best centre halfs, he was absolute class. Signed for us , looked great in his first game and then got a serious injury. Played on and off after that but was never the same player.

That first game was unreal for Kuznetsov .Absolutely strolled the game .Think there was 2 instances the St Mirren attack was 2 against 1 on him and he never broke sweat to take the ball off them and made them look stupid .

I also remember the friendly game against Kiev . remember saying to my mate that he did ok during the game but wished we had maybe signed the guy playing on the wing instead as he was awesome .

Then a while later we did .Big Miko 

2 hours ago, Brubear said:

Sorry Broxi, thought about it after I posted, will depend on age. An old timer like me was finding it hard to see how you would have seen someone like Arteta a playing in England but never at Ibrox

Apologies. 

No worries man aha. I'm 22 and only started getting into football around 2008 when I was 12.