*** Oh No! It's the RM Erskine Fund Final Final Fundraiser

govanblue

So it’s time once again to take a look in govanblues mailbag: 

Just the one letter this week (I’ve edited it a wee bit – some of it was a bit spicy)…

Dear gb,

… you're an insult to any right thinking Bear.  Wish you ill will and miserable health for what you have done, you're a fuckin taig to me arsehole.…ya snidey fuckin snivelling wee shite… ya dirty bastard. … you attention seeking wee wank. ...You're for the watching, you're a wrong un hiding under charity, like savile. Karma will fuck you, I guarantee it... Torbett and crew will be buying you beers on release man. Cheers gb, you're one of the bhoys. That's your company, tarred with the sickening brush of paedophilia.
PS, I've got messages from many sickened with you and giving you fuck all in future, you wait and see. 😉

- A Friendly Bear
(name and address withheld)

Most of that is fair comment and I can’t really argue with any of it, but the bit in red probably needs addressing:

First of all, if somebody disagrees with my personal opinions or personal actions on an unrelated matter, and thinks that the best way to respond is to withhold their donation to the Erskine Veterans, then that’s their decision and that’s fair enough.  I'd hope that most people are smart enough to see how that would only hurt the Veterans, and not me.  The consequences of someone withholding their donation would be:

govanblue would have one less donation PM to read, one less donation PM to reply to, one less PayPal entry to search for, Bank account to check, Payment archive to check,  PM to donor to confirm, PM to Zetland, reply from Zetland, list update, secondary list update, spreadsheet update, reply to Zetland. Thank you PM to donor. 

I have to do that for every single donation - typically 100 to 200 donations - that's a lot of list updating!!! – so if a few of you decide not to donate, bottom line is that it makes life easier for me.  Many thanks.  :tu:  

It does also mean that you won’t have a stake in all the fantastic things that we achieve for our Veterans – and bear in mind that the things we do, and the way that we do them, are simply not done anywhere else or by anyone else, so if you specifically want to see those Veterans receive those Rangers Treats, then you actually do need to come through this Fund – or start one up yourself! 

Did you see anyone else queuing up to send our Veterans to Ibrox last month. (and win them a star prize too)!!!  No you didn’t.  It was only us.  It's always only us.  If you don't want to be a part of that, then that's your loss.

05_CL_Night.thumb.jpg.e65b543807b3f3c2473d75f7d13ea9e7.jpg  

But anyway, now that there is a threat of a boycott out there, whether real or imagined, I do need to address it. 

As I said, it won’t hurt me personally (I’m not in it for the glory – I’ve already got my medal!) but it could hurt the Veterans, and obviously we can’t allow that, so to mitigate against any potential damage,  we will be introducing two emergency measures which will hopefully ensure that any actual boycott is turned to the Fund’s advantage.

Measure 1 - Anti-Boycott Tax:

With immediate effect, all New Season Membership Donations for the coming season will incur an (optional) Anti-Boycott tax. 

If you oppose any thought of boycotting our Veterans’ Fund, and you can afford to, then simply add on a pound (or more if you feel strongly about it) when you make your next new-season membership donation.  Hopefully we’ll have at least a few Loyal Members happy to support this completely optional tax, and that would help alleviate any potential losses from withheld membership donations

Measure 2: Anti-Boycott Underwriters’ Scheme:

Any Loyal Fund Member who feels very strongly against any potential boycott can volunteer to join our Loyal Underwriter’s List (This is a new list, with just my name on it at the moment).  If we get any notifications of intent to boycott from any existing fund members, then we turn to the first 5 names on the Underwriter’s list, and ask them to donate an additional £2 each, thus making up the £10 to cover that boycotted membership fee. 

If another member boycotts, then we go to the next 5 names on the list and ask them to donate an additional £2 each.  I reckon with a scheme like that, even if an epidemic of boycotting broke out, we’d have the strength and depth in our Loyal Underwriters convictions to withstand it.

But at the end of the day, whether the above mentioned boycott is real or imagined, effective or not, doesn’t really matter.  We’ve already achieved infinitely more than we ever expected to achieve, so if we don’t raise as much next season, so be it. 

Erskine will still be genuinely appreciative of our efforts, whether it’s £2k on season tickets, or £20 on those Legendary Fish Suppers. 

So next season, whatever donations come in, large or small, we’ll still spend them on Erskine, and one way or another, even if we find that we have to limit our aspirations somewhat, we'll still keep ensuring that the Erskine Bears continue to have The Rangers play an active and important part in their daily lives.

This is what our most recent (modest) round of spending looks like...

marseilles_tickets.thumb.jpg.7d510a55e2995a2f7b45e1d2269a8f9d.jpg

This is what a fish supper looks like...

erskine_fish.thumb.jpg.6744b4615c33dc8bb48bb086694b2b49.jpg

This is what a happy Veteran looks like...

03b_CL_Night.thumb.jpg.ade642ee86f28a1c8b81c2bce249053e.jpg

In fact. What the hell. I'll spoil you. 

This is what another happy Veteran looks like...

Robert-Johnston2.thumb.jpg.f840e6d64c763172c4e5da64202e5b49.jpg

And this is what 2 happy Veterans, 1 happy dog, and 200 happy Bears looks like...

Dinger_Broxi.thumb.jpg.2b005a0d2adf808af

You can't see the 200 Happy Bears in that picture, but I can assure you, they're there.  :sherlock:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anti-Boycott Underwriters ' Scheme (5 Members)

• Bluepeter9
  • govanblue
  • The Ghost
  • Zetland

7 hours ago, govanblue said:

So it’s time once again to take a look in govanblues mailbag: 

Just the one letter this week (I’ve edited it a wee bit – some of it was a bit spicy)…

Dear gb,

- A Friendly Bear
(name and address withheld by request)

Most of that is fair comment and I can’t really argue with any of it, but the bit in red probably needs addressing:

First of all, if somebody disagrees with my personal opinions or personal actions on an unrelated matter, and thinks that the best way to respond is to withhold their donation to the Erskine Veterans, then that’s their decision and that’s fair enough.  I'd hope that most people are smart enough to see how that would only hurt the Veterans, and not me.  The consequences of someone withholding their donation would be:

govanblue would have one less donation PM to read, one less donation PM to reply to, one less PayPal entry to search for, Bank account to check, Payment archive to check,  PM to donor to confirm, PM to Zetland, reply from Zetland, list update, secondary list update, spreadsheet update, reply to Zetland. Thank you PM to donor. 

I have to do that for every single donation - typically 100 to 200 donations - that's a lot of list updating!!! – so if a few of you decide not to donate, bottom line is that it makes life easier for me.  Many thanks.  :tu:  

It does also mean that you won’t have a stake in all the fantastic things that we achieve for our Veterans – and bear in mind that the things we do, and the way that we do them, are simply not done anywhere else or by anyone else, so if you specifically want to see those Veterans receive those Rangers Treats, then you actually do need to come through this Fund – or start one up yourself! 

Did you see anyone else queuing up to send our Veterans to Ibrox last month. (and win them a star prize too)!!!  No you didn’t.  It was only us.  It's always only us.  If you don't want to be a part of that, then that's your loss.

05_CL_Night.thumb.jpg.e65b543807b3f3c2473d75f7d13ea9e7.jpg  

But anyway, now that there is a threat of a boycott out there, whether real or imagined, I do need to address it. 

As I said, it won’t hurt me personally (I’m not in it for the glory – I’ve already got my medal!) but it could hurt the Veterans, and obviously we can’t allow that, so to mitigate any potential damage,  we will be introducing two emergency measures which will hopefully ensure that any actual boycott is turned to the Fund’s advantage.

Measure 1 - Anti-Boycott Tax:

With immediate effect, all New Season Membership Donations for the coming season will incur an (optional) Anti-Boycott tax. 

If you oppose any thought of boycotting our Veterans’ Fund, and you can afford to, then simply add on a pound (or more if you feel strongly about it) when you make your next new-season membership donation.  Hopefully we’ll have at least a few Loyal Members happy to support this completely optional tax, and that would help alleviate any potential losses from withheld membership donations

Measure 2: Anti-Boycott Underwriters’ Scheme:

Any Loyal Fund Member who feels very strongly against any potential boycott can volunteer to join our Loyal Underwriter’s List (This is a new list, with just my name on it at the moment).  If we get any notifications of intent to boycott from any existing fund members, then we turn to the first 5 names on the Underwriter’s list, and ask them to donate an additional £2 each, thus making up the £10 to cover that boycotted membership fee. 

If another member boycotts, then we go to the next 5 names on the list and ask them to donate an additional £2 each.  I reckon with a scheme like that, even if an epidemic of boycotting broke out, we’d have the strength and depth in our Loyal Underwriters convictions to withstand it.

But at the end of the day, whether the above mentioned boycott is real or imagined, effective or not, doesn’t really matter.  We’ve already achieved infinitely more than we ever expected to achieve, so if we don’t raise as much next season, so be it. 

Erskine will still be genuinely appreciative of our efforts, whether it’s £2k on season tickets, or £20 on those Legendary Fish Suppers. 

So next season, whatever donations come in, large or small, we’ll still spend them on Erskine, and one way or another, even if we find that we have to limit our aspirations somewhat, we'll still keep ensuring that the Erskine Bears continue to have The Rangers play an active and important part in their daily lives.

This is what our most recent (modest) round of spending looks like...

marseilles_tickets.thumb.jpg.7d510a55e2995a2f7b45e1d2269a8f9d.jpg

This is what a fish supper looks like...

erskine_fish.thumb.jpg.6744b4615c33dc8bb48bb086694b2b49.jpg

This is what a happy Veteran looks like...

03b_CL_Night.thumb.jpg.ade642ee86f28a1c8b81c2bce249053e.jpg

In fact. What the hell. I'll spoil you. 

This is what another happy Veteran looks like...

Robert-Johnston2.thumb.jpg.f840e6d64c763172c4e5da64202e5b49.jpg

And this is what 2 happy Veterans, 1 happy dog, and 200 happy Bears looks like...

Dinger_Broxi.thumb.jpg.2b005a0d2adf808af

You can't see the 200 Happy Bears in that picture, but I can assure you, they're there.  :sherlock:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anti-Boycott Underwriters ' Scheme (1 Member)

• govanblue

Dont have time to read all that ,so what's the shortened version 

2 minutes ago, WILLIAM BEAR said:

and sign me up for the next auction for Erskine even though if I am luckily enough to win I will do what I always

do and that will give you more work to do :lol:  I would not be surprised if a certain person signs up for the

next auction as well for Erskine.

I might give this a try as I can’t remember the last time I had fun at an auction! :rofl:

@govanblue

What happens when someone sends a PM like that on this Forum? Personally I think the individual must be deranged and I certainly don’t want to be associated with them!

The RM Erskine Fund Members are amongst the most tolerant, generous and loyal folk I have ever come across and I am sure they will see this attack for what it is and continue to support Erskine and our Veterans.

It would be good to get back to business as normal. :thumbup: